Metatrader known bugs ... - page 2

Metatrader 5 bug (for change ):

When an indicator is applied to "previous indicator value" in some cases values produced that way will not be displayed (they will be cut off as on the example picture bellow). Those indicators use "legal" drawing buffers, so it is a problem of a metatrader not adjusting the display window to all the values in it (in this example rsi fixed minimum and maximum are removed, so it should adjust to all the values in the window, but it does not)

Files:

Metatrader 5: open the editor and then open the journal tab. Do not be surprised to see this message (with a warrning sign, of course) :

2012.08.08 15:41:23 C++ compiler Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012 is not installed in the system

Not a single word as of why should it be there, what will happen if it is not there, ... nothing. Interesting ... and no comment on this one ... it does not even deserve a comment

Metatrader 5 bug :
If you have multiple code opened in multiple windows (in metaeditor), be careful what do you do. The problem is the following : imagine that you change something in code 1 and than in code 2 (two separate metaeditor windows). Press F7 (or compile button) to compile the code in window 2 and now look what happened to the code in you window 1 : it has been saved without you asking for it. And it never said that it saved it. Compiler now saves ALL THE CODE from ALL THE OPEN metaeditor WINDOWS. After all these you might find yourself wondering why is something not working any more when it worked before : metatrader decided instead of you that you wish to save something

It seems that there is a new build of metatrader 4 : build 434

As usual some problems reported already so the wisest thing before updating seems to be to back up your current metatrader folder (the complete folder) and if you run into problems simply copy the saved state back

More on Bug in Posts 5 & 6

I narrowed down the cause of the problem - it appears that ArrayMaximum, and possible ArrayMinimum, do not recognize Empty Values, but treat them as large numbers.

I think there may be a second bug, or inferior display code, that then gives the "double" display.

I fixed it one separate window indicator by reducing the size of a "reference" number (beginning value to check if price is under) in the code, to 999 I believe.

Big Be

There will be an even newer version : build 438 (the version I am currently using is build 432). Here is the description of the future build 438 (if they don't change the build number in the mean time)

The update for MetaTrader 4 client terminal is to be released soon. Preliminary build version is 438. The following changes are planned in the new build:

1. Terminal: Fixed trade history request by "Custom period" time range.
  2. Terminal: Fixed Push messages having invalid MetaQuotes ID.
  3. Terminal: Fixed possible incorrect display of company data in About window.
  4. Terminal: Fixed translation of the interface into Mongolian, Czech and Turkish.
  5. Terminal: Fixed support for fixed demo account balance.
  6. Tester: Improved file cache operation during optimization.
  7. MetaEditor: Fixed working with clipboard.
  8. MetaEditor: Fixed memory leaks.
  9. Fixed errors reported on the forum and in crash logs.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

PS: since we all had "experiences" with upgrades in the past (especialy when the build numbers are flying up and up), the same advice in the case of build 338 is valid : back up first, test and if not OK restore. we can always upload older version but better to be safe then sorry

Writting my own version

I've used MT4 for some time and finally I almost stop using it because it has a huge lack of functions and some errors that makes incomfortable to work with it.

Two months ago I started to write my own forex client, so I can add as many functions to the program as I want.

For example, the program has a database where I create, save or modify a candlestick pattern. I make it visually, I open a window, I add the desired candles and then I edit them. Each time the program finds that candlestick pattern, the software shows to you.

My broker updated it (the metatrader 4) to build 438

So far did not notice any problems. If someone does notice any problem, please report it

So far a very few errors reported (some EAs using custom DLLs seem to be causing problems with this build) I did not experience any problems so far (even with custom DLLs) so it seems that problems are just a few with this build

Reason: