Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 76

Hi guys, please is there a possibility of getting a TMA band with alert when a moving average pierces its bands? will be glad to hear responses. Thanks guys!!

Mladen Rakic:

Triangular moving average - centered ...

In order t avoid that missing data, people have found out that it might be extrapolated (the missing data) and that is what is usually used as centered triangular moving average : TMA that is shifted by half length to the left and the missing data is extrapolated in a certain way. Here is how the usual centered TMA looks like :

The gap from the right is filled in and it all looks just fine. Except that there is no 100% exact way of extrapolating data. So, that extrapolated gap is a subject of changes no matter what extrapolation method one uses (otherwise I would be drinking coffee with Warren Buffett in the morning and not in my kitchen). There is no way to make it non-changeable (non-repainting). None ... So much about the wonders of centered triangular moving averages : it is a good tool for estimation, but in no way should it be used in "signaling" mode since the signals are going t change

Is this TMA indicator repainting?

I coded its cross against another MA. I get an alert. But a day later that cross is not there. As if it redraws.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

Yes,the last candles will be redrawn to the value of the half-period. You can be sure of this by running the indicator in the tester.

Mladen Rakic:

Updated centered triangular moving averages with bands bands (+ alerts and multi time frame) : triangularma_centered_bands_mtfalerts_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page2

Please can I get mt5 version of this Tma

Oluwafemi Olafimihan:
Sir, us the mt5 version available?

did you search for it? don't look that way

xkubas:

Hi Mladen, I write here to ask You that is possible to code EA by You or some one else with your old indicator TMA? I trade it for long time. I have quite good profits. After few months of watching learning it I finde some solution to easy hunt some pips. But after this 4 month I'm tired. Good condition on one pair what I trade is during my night (asian sesion). So I decide to ask You for some help. Can You write simply ea:

- open position when price tuch red line of band ( up or low) it must be open in moment when it cross by bid or ask price. Not whait for next candel or bar. For long position it must by open by BID price for short by ASK price.

- Position must be closed when price tuch first yellow middle bands ( look on screenshoot )

- TP, SL and Trolling Stop will be recomended

Kuba

Attached screen is only some sample posibility how to trade.

tma.ex4tma.mq4

B

hi Mladen,

Could you kindly put alerts please, when the price hits the outer bands.

Kind Regards

Robert

rocktheedge:

é possível obter a versão mt4 deste indicador Bandas centradas TMA mtf.ex5

Hello, please would anyone have the open code MT5 of this indicator and MT4 too?

Bandas centradas TMA mtf.ex5

mauriciotassi:

Hello, please would anyone have the open code MT5 of this indicator and MT4 too?

Bandas centradas TMA mtf.ex5

Whoever renamed it used the one from page 2 from this same thread (here :https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241/page2 )

Triangular moving average (TMA) ...
Triangular moving average (TMA) ...
  • www.mql5.com
The purpose of this thread is more personal ... At some stage (some 4 years ago, posted it at this post : https://www.mql5...

Dear Gentlemen,

May I kindly ask you to add to this indicator the sound and message alert when the candle is touching/crossing the lower/upper band on the out/in direction (so we can follow if the candle will close outside the bands) with the mentioning if the slope (or let the slope has its own alert - in this indicator there is a golden cross that mentions that the slope is too aggressive). 

Thank you...

Also, May I kindly ask you to make a sound and message alert when the arrow appears?

Best Regards...

<ex5 file deleted>
Reason: