Advanced trading lessons - page 37

i have been working

i have been working lots of over time.. i was in and out of the house for only a few minutes

when the phone range. i wanted to get clear strategy going but it has been one obstetrical

after another.

while i spend time on the strategy docs. i wanted to talk about a few more things.

#1. when in a up trend- most counter trending attacks the highs. when starts to happen( after a smooth up

move) the more likely a counter trend is going to show up more visible.( or in plain site).

the reverse in a down trend ( down trends.. most counter trending attacks the lows)

now when traders first read this they say to themselves,,,, what does that mean?

visible???? do you mean there is invisible counter trends? yes there is visible and invisible!

next page for examples.

lets take

lets take a shot and mark 4 trending candles on the 4 hour time frame.

lets then look inside the trending candles,, now remember we are in up trend

and that means counter trending more often attacks the highs in an up trend.

after attacking the highs counter trending creates a low then a new up swing begins.

now a decrease in range is the same as the fall-off in trend, only this decrease can be invisible!!

unless you look inside.

BTW,

Philt you were correct from the beginning... Simba, I like your approach... thanks for the input.

Ciao

TCT

again

again ugly-mess and smooth-mess , by them selves mean very little.

increase to decrease in range means very little. now you combine them

with some trend lines and some knowledge, and they are the first clue

the time frame is about to counter trend. you do not take that alone!

but combined with what you already know it makes you deadly.

now do not be confused, the first thing traders think is: what about this on

the chart or that. when looking at this you want to look and see how

the strength is doing.

so if you are thinking about entry on strength: this is what you look at.

if you are thinking your near a target this also what you look at.

now if you are thinking of entering on weakness and expecting new

strength, then this is completely different.

so what we learned here is thinking about entering on strength!

so this really is talking about entry. entry is done on lower freq. with an overlay.

so this helps to get a fast clue of how fast you want to pull the trigger.

also only observe the with trend swings when doing this!!

trend changer

trendchanger, i have been over taken by my day job. i will start working on the set ups

as soon as can.. how are you? the other thing is i have been stepping back just to ponder

the best angle to present it! maybe we can talk about that tomorrow by mail?

boe:
trendchanger, i have been over taken by my day job. i will start working on the set ups

as soon as can.. how are you? the other thing is i have been stepping back just to ponder

the best angle to present it! maybe we can talk about that tomorrow by mail?

How are you going to trade it if keep pondering.. the way i see it the entry has to be spot on otherwise the SL will get wider and wide, especially trading bigger TF...

Boe,

the basic idea of your theory is good, i mean tf's overlaied, but you have to understand the main point.

Some of us, and me too, are real traders, so that we trade with real money, and we do this because at the end of the month we want to have an income.

Furthermore the people that is not yet trading with real money, wants to and this is the reason why is following your toughts.

Said that, if you do not trade just for fun, you should have entry/exit rules that you need to apply your theory to reality of trading.

So please stop turning around and show us how do you trade in reality, otherwise i have to conclude that we are just talking about fried air.

Maybe we could build a mechanical system, that is, in my opinion, the only way to be consistent.

Best regards

Hasta la Vista

boe:
#1 . Markets are read by measuring swings length.

#2. Advertised closings. ( when the market closes so close to the trend line

it has no choice but open on the other side of the trend line with the next open.)

and what time frame that just happened on!!

# 3. It also is read by price action. Reading the market in context here is impotent.

Never an exact science.

In fact i will be as bold to say i am not perfect at this, but i am way better at

this than any pro i have known.

If you want to continue with this next section and you are already overwhelmed

then please just save the info for a later date.

This next section gets kind of complicated. It takes some learning. It takes some

trust on your part, trust to unlearn things we all were taught for years, and

now we have to learn it differently.

If we are going to do that, then dang it this better be a lot better than the stuff

i paid for over the years!! I hope it will be for you, but you have to go the distance

to learn it!!
trendchangetrader:
Ok... so there is an expression... "going no where quickly"... this thread is "going no where slowly".

Boe, I suggest you use your best US CITIZEN english and stop pretending. Have you heard the expresion? "Those that cannot do teach". Enough is enough.

Regards

TCT
trendchangetrader:
BTW,

Philt you were correct from the beginning... Simba, I like your approach... thanks for the input.

Ciao

TCT
philt:
How are you going to trade it if keep pondering.. the way i see it the entry has to be spot on otherwise the SL will get wider and wide, especially trading bigger TF...

TCT :Thanks and thanks for showing a very simple practicalapplication of the TL method with your examples,I liked the X concept applied to an ABC and this gave me ideas to explore it in cases of a TL retest or near retest after a breakout/breakdown.This will be a subset of your ABC where the B leg retraces farther away than the TL breakout point,even-in some cases-more than the low of swing A,and then gets rejected at the initial TL...Food for thought

Philt&RedBull:I agree with TCT,you were right from the beginning.We do not have any right to request live examples from the originator of a thread,but,when one sees that after 400+ posts in the thread there is not a single real time explanation by the originator,one must conclude that something doesn´t fit into the pattern of a well developed and informative thread.I appreciate the fact that ,after the initial posts,we were able to reframe our initial disagreement into a more productive behaviour.

Boe:For somebody claiming to be better at this than any pro he has known,having a dayjob is surprising ,to say the least.Your initial posts were of good quality,but I have to agree with TCT comments regarding the thread´s actual direction...Its Trend Line is clearly pointing down,so,IMHO,unless you are able to recover the quality of your first posts,the thread may become a waste of time.In any case,thanks for the initial ideas,they are intriguing and creative and may have lots of potential.

Kindest Regards

S

Infact, TCT and Simba was real indication of first sight of any trades, many thanks for that..

it is true we have no right to ask anything of any one, except when statements are made..

All trading ideas strategies systems come down to 2 things as we all know, entry and exit, how much am i going to risk and what will i potentially get back..

2 signals to trade, the entry signal and where am i likely to get out or let the market take me out..

havent seen any of these apart from the kindness of TCT and Simba for showing their trades..which were very good..

you're welcome Simba

Reason: