Advanced trading lessons - page 33

boe:
here is another shot of this relation ship. the 4 hr with monthly over lays.

Boe

If you think about it,you will realize that most moves in a trend have exactly the same channel angle,what differs is the width of that channel,which is obviously related to volatility.

See the "angles"attachment,you can use these angles as long as there is a multiswing ABCD retracement within a trend...The key is knowing where to fix the angle,it is either at A or at C.

Now check angles2,same angle applied to "your method",it looks different because the chart compression is different,but the angle is exactly the same,there is a perfect angle fit that links 2 low points(m15 chart with D1 candle)...What happens? Angles3 shows that the breakdown of the angle signalled a short term CIT,followed by a near retest of the angle trendline..

Hope this gives you some ideas and/or helps you in recovering your epiphany

I would like to see some explanations about price action setups,specially at lower timeframe trendline traps.

Kindest Regards

S

Files:
angles.gif  84 kb
angles2.gif  79 kb
angles3.gif  97 kb

boe:
here is another shot of this relation ship. the 4 hr with monthly over lays.

If you take a new look at your attachment,you will realize you have exactly the same angle I talked about a couple posts ago...tip:your channel.

I would particularly modify the lower point of contact with price,but that is just my opinion.

Regards

S

3 touch tl

The attachment shows the application of the angle combined with your method,in case it gives you more ideas.

What is even more intriguing,is that using your method,there is a perfect fit TL that is supported,so far by 2 lows and a high,and that has been crossed by price...Aqua trendline in the chart.

Regards

S

Files:
angles4.gif  87 kb

SIMBA:
The attachment shows the application of the angle combined with your method,in case it gives you more ideas.

What is even more intriguing,is that using your method,there is a perfect fit TL that is supported,so far by 2 lows and a high,and that has been crossed by price...Aqua trendline in the chart.

Regards

S

Simba,

Nice job... thanks for sharing.

TCT

SIMBA:
Thanks, you are welcome.

Last but not least,see in the attachment how by using this method,one can nail near perfect entries with very low risk.

Regards

S

Simba,

Would you please upload the m candle you are using... I need to compare with what I have. Something is strange. I cannot duplicate your pics and I also notice that yours specifies tf of the m candle in the upper left corner

Thanks in advance

TCT

Files:
swing.gif  27 kb

trendchangetrader:
Simba,

Would you please upload the m candle you are using... I need to compare with what I have. Something is strange. I cannot duplicate your pics and I also notice that yours specifies tf of the m candle in the upper left corner

Thanks in advance

TCT

TCT

1-The indicator´s name is CustomCandle,please find it attached here.

2-Depending on your broker server time,the candles will be different,specially the 240 and 1440 because start and end of candle will be different.

If you want to duplicate my candles you should use a broker with server time= GMT .

Regards

S

Files:

Thanks, you are welcome.

Last but not least,see in the attachment how by using this method,one can nail near perfect entries with very low risk,of course,to do so,one must have a minimum of cognitive abilities,you know what I mean ....Sold less than 2 pips below the High of today

.yes thanks for sharing simba, nice demo trade.............................................

SIMBA:
TCT

1-The indicator´s name is CustomCandle,please find it attached here.

2-Depending on your broker server time,the candles will be different,specially the 240 and 1440 because start and end of candle will be different.

If you want to duplicate my candles you should use a broker with server time= GMT .

Regards

S

Thnx... I assumed difference in data... but to be honest, it was driving me bonkers that my toy did not display TF...

trendchangetrader:
Simba,

Nice job... thanks for sharing.

TCT

Thanks, you are welcome.

Last but not least,see in the attachment how by using this method,one can nail near perfect entries with very low risk,of course,to do so,one must have a minimum of cognitive abilities,you know what I mean ....Sold less than 2 pips below the High of today

EDIT:1-Not shown in the attachment,I have a TP at 1.28785(I expect end of swing at 1.28750...+spread,slippage) and SL at 1.29510

2-By using M30 Candles on a M1 chart(not shown,but you can try yourselves) and linking the top candle´s high with each consecutive candle´s high and waiting for a TL crossover,I would have got an exit at 1.29100,including spread and slippage...I didn´t take it because I have a very clear target,but this makes me think that this method could be used for both entries and TP exits,BUT,probably not for SL.

Regards

S

Files:

roboforex MT4 download is quite good

4 digit pricing, I like it

folder -- templates

folder -- experts -- indicators , quite a few inside expert subfolder is important

do you have libaries stuff e.t.c

I customise toolbar (right click), you may consider it

zip the whole MT4 folder, then delete it after transfer, -- safer -- some people use hotmail skydrive to store it too

~~

wanna to talk about MARKET CONDITIONS

just like churches, not all market conditions fit your mood, style, habit etc

I thought of a way to test ZERO-sum theory

zero-sum mean buy and sell, and middle man -- each take a bit, forex market is one buy one sell, secret middle man take the commission (pip spread x1 x2 x3 etc) and "supposively" zero sum, the whole world forex will not get more MONEY than before

or when you play forex too frequently, your balance may approach ZERO

---

when market is volatile movement or mirage *desert mirage image* movement, broker and floor traders (big boys) seem to take lot of commission of stupid people entries -- just wipe them off

so a possible way to TEST the market -- with demo account

you place at most 5 bets at any 1 time

next few days (you have to wait at least 1.5 to 2 day before exit)

use a dice or random number generator e.g. rnd() x 6 , you get a number between 1 to 5 etc i.e. try to exit 1 transaction out of 5 possible trans on hold

to randomly exit just 1 transaction

condition

allow max 5 minute to exit--- so you still pick a pricing

the transaction the random number generated chose, must be at least 1.5 days after that transaction entry

you can only close another transaction (same day) at least 5 hours later

this way, we could see whether the market condition is GOOD or volatile -- good mean calm , stable, progressive

===== market condition or your thinking style is quite important ===

e.g. if you are trendy thinker, don't bet like this week, it is so huge W ranging this week e.g. eur/aud

if you are range believer, then -- if the market always seem to against you (it is, they are always against you)

try to hit [-] in the keyboard once

to see better and go back a bit further -- recent 1/2 day pattern always lying

and bet against your own wish, if you think BUY, then sell

if you think of SELL, then BUY -- so you act like an EA inventor author

~ of course, you may seek 2nd opinion of a higher / alternative nature ~

this seem to be NOT ACADEMIC or theoretical

but just like BIG BANG THEORY comedy -- forex is not that logical or the theory don't apply well <--- this expert conclusion take me ages to understand

try to help newbies, not trying to bull shit [ as if the market condition is good, at least it is zero-sum minus the pip spread of every transaction, why don't we wait till those weeks to trade, rather than scratching our head, why this and that plus those DOES NOT WORK ]

the following bits is strictly for CODERs (programmers) only

I do a little bit of coding , but when it get frustrated, I won't go too far

I like database driven web application -- javascript is quite hard too

http://dev.wavemaker.com/wiki/bin/Dev/Databases#HImportusingtableandschemafiltering

you can download the 90M software from wavemaker.com -- main page

install it, then it will run on your browser -- just like an IDE

then you can find a simple database (whatever DB) to connect to

and make a web application in a flash -- the template is amazing, so I enclose a picture here -- that is more or less provided, I just modify a bit

so -- for programmer, could try out this java driven (code is machine generated) called wavemaker -- look AWESOME to me

IDE look like this

- like a very simplified -- really simplified VS or IDE

even all this button , menu, textbook are fake -- not connected to database or not really function, except the calendar is working fine

this is the result -- quite impressive, I even add my fxcm icon in the middle, to show it really work

you can find some youtube using wavemaker as keyword search-- it looks so simple to code that

this is one YOUTUBE CODE -- a teenager little kid called CARL-- even he can do it with a few line of codes remembered -- it is that SIMPLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6TFzx_RTTY

Reason: