Digital ACSTrend - page 16

Sacrilege: BT SSA end point ASCtrend MESA

Hi,

This may look as a sacrilege to mix the Brain Trend SSA end point with ASCtrend MESA mod but I did it.

It looks nice indeed.

/The other SSA Normalize uses another library. Find it and install it/

Files:
mods.gif  28 kb
mods15.gif  31 kb

Jack1/John, could you please tell me what I am doing wrong here? Thank you guys.

I want to get the BrainTrend and ASCTrend working. What are all the indicators I need to have on the chart to get BrainTrend and ASCTrend working for me?

Here's what I have done so far:

1. I put JJMASeries.mqh and PriceSeries.mqh in the experts\include folder

2. I put Libssa.dll in the experts\libraries folder

3. And have got pretty much all the indicators from this thread in the experts\indicators folder.

But the only indicators that are working for me are JStoch and SSA Normalized End Pointed

None of the rest are working for me. Is there a template I need to download?

often mix up in parameters setting?

Ok, I gave you a simple solution as follow:

1. copy "libSSA.dll" into "expert / libraries" folder.

2. copy "SSA end-pointed.ex4", "bt stop_ssa_ep_NoParameter_jack1.ex4" into "expert / indicators" folder. some mt4, may has a compatability folder under indicators folder.

3. upload "bt stop_ssa_ep_NoParameter_jack1" onto a current chart, Then, cross check "allow DDI import" on indicator window, "must select!!!!!!"

Then, enjoying "John's Brain Trend ssa ep", and forget all other indicators, "No need any more !!!!!!!!!!!!", but, remember this GOLDEN RULE my gift 2 u) "when get a signal, wait to buy lower/sell higher, even if you would miss the boat".

Fractal patterns

Here I want to show some more examples of fractal patterns.

1. Here you can see clearly the cyclical shift of the fractal dimension characteristics. Low fractal dimension is followed by high fractal dimension again and again.

2. You can see that the price activity is completely different depending on the underlying fractal geometry of the price time series. When you have high fractal dimension the price is more jagged. When you have low fractal dimension the price series are more straight.

3. When you have high fractal dimension, you observe pink noise, it looks like the price is looking for equilibrium and goes up and down, meanwhile eating a lot of tight stops.

4. When you have low fractal dimension we can observe black noise. The price goes into one direction and can severely reverse. Here the deep stops can give you a trouble because you can loose your profits.

5. From a technical analysis perspective I plotted two trend lines, however you see that the price activity was different.

For the people who do not understand the concept please read this. Here a non intuitive concept is explained as simple as possible:

Cynthia Lanius' Fractals Unit: Fractal Dimension

After this read this:

Fractals & the Fractal Dimension

By the way, this shot may appear to be easy to trade but try on a simulator it is not that easy.

Remarks:

High fractal dimension:

Tight stops are more risky than the deeper stops

Taking a positions at the limits of a the trend channel gives the best possible Risk/Return ratio

Low fractal dimension:

Deep stops are more risky than tight stops

The best compromise is to use trailing stops where the volatility is also computed: Brain Trend stops or ASCTrend stops

The black noise can eat you profit if you use deep stops

Taking a position exactly on the trend line is dangerous because of the black noise. It is better to wait for little bounce.

A Switch in the strategies according to the fractal dimensions is necessary. Take a look of the approach of Jack 1.

Disclaimer: Those are just observations please use common sense and comment it.

I like the Brain trend SSA ep mod because it gives the right direction in particularly difficult situations. Here we make an extreme use of the Metatrader LOL.

Files:
patterns.gif  32 kb

Jack1:
Ok, I gave you a simple solution as follow:

1. copy "libSSA.dll" into "expert / libraries" folder.

2. copy "SSA end-pointed.ex4", "bt stop_ssa_ep_NoParameter_jack1.ex4" into "expert / indicators" folder. some mt4, may has a compatability folder under indicators folder.

3. upload "bt stop_ssa_ep_NoParameter_jack1" onto a current chart, Then, cross check "allow DDI import" on indicator window, "must select!!!!!!"

Then, enjoying "John's Brain Trend ssa ep", and forget all other indicators, "No need any more !!!!!!!!!!!!", but, remember this GOLDEN RULE my gift 2 u) "when get a signal, wait to buy lower/sell higher, even if you would miss the boat".

Jack1 thanks for mod but it's missing jstochastic.ex4.

And the ASCtrend continues...

I modded the Trend Magic indi, and inserted the SSA normalized end-pointed as a base. It doesn't make much difference from the original.

However, used along with the ASCTrend Mesa and FDI/FGDI/iVar it makes a lot of sense.

As you can see, whether you use BT or TM doesn't make much of a difference, unless you guys can come up with something veeeery smart

Keep up the GREAT work!

Files:

on Higher Time Frame!

Trend trading system(signal, etc...) won't get very good performance on lower time frame. But, on higher time frame, eg. Daily, H4, Trend Magic ssa will give you early signal, make you to bid the market in a lot of confidence.

Early bird of one or two bars in forex will give you huge edge over the market. So, this mode may help you a lot, I believe. I am still watching for live running to see how it is reliable.

Jack1:
Trend trading system(signal, etc...) won't get very good performance on lower time frame. But, on higher time frame, eg. Daily, H4, Trend Magic ssa will give you early signal, make you to bid the market in a lot of confidence. Early bird of one or two bars in forex will give you huge edge over the market. So, this mode may help you a lot, I believe. I am still watching for live running to see how it is reliable.

Hello !

Please, can you tell us your settings ?

You sure you use the latest posted with "SSAEP" ?

Thanks

Big Joe:
Hello !

Please, can you tell us your settings ?

You sure you use the latest posted with "SSAEP" ?

Thanks

Hi Big Joe!

My settings for TMSSAEP are 15/4/20/300/300/15, and on ASCTrendMesa

I've only changed Len(15) and min_period(10). On FDI I use either 30, 25, or 15 -depends.

Trend..

I've had to add two indicators, to get a clearer picture.

Hurst Difference indicates persistence in a time series - above 0 = good

Fractal Wave-PM is an indicator originally made by Mark Whistler, that I've modified to use Frasma. Essentially it shows expansion and contraction of price over time, much like fractal bands, i.e. dispersion.

It does not indicate direction, and "gains strength" as it moves up 0.5 to 0.9, Above 0.9 it will rollover, and typically indicates an end (perhaps just temporary) to the move.

And, as with much of the info in this thread, FDI/FGDI/IVAR must be considered.

Reason: