Finally!! a crossover that really works and F a s t!!!!! - page 3

mladen:
A thing or two that seem to be overlooked ...

Placing 2 moving averages (since "adaptive RSI" is in fact an EMA that uses RSI to become "adaptive") in a same separate window is not the same as placing 2 moving averages on a main chart and then looking for their crossovers. That can be done only if both indicators have a same minimum and maximum and with 2 moving averages it is not the case. A simple change of a number of displayed bars, for example, is going to change where the crossovers "happened". Here is an example where only the number of displayed bars is changed (I simply opened a sub-window containing a list of indicators on the left on the metatrader window - as you can see neither the relative value nor the crosses are the same)

In order to avoid that and assuming that the separate window is "a must", an indicator that combines 2 indicators must be written. Attaching one that does that and as you will see, crossovers are fixed but are not the same as in the template

As of the histo version : at a first glance it seems to be OK even though the condition checking can be much simpler (a simple current<o or current>0 is enough) and even though the period is not used internaly at all (it is a sort of 3-14 rsi adaptive ema MACD) Compare it to the attached and you will see that the crosses correspond exactly but are different from the template

Mladen,

Is your adaptive RSI more accurate than Perky's one?

Knez,

The one I posted is accurate as far as the issue of 2 line indicators combined in one sub-window is concerned (please read the post again, it is the issue of a 2 indicators with unknown minimum and maximum in a same sub-window : whenever the minimum or the maximum for the visible window changes or the number of bars change or you simply change the height of that sub-window, the crosses will change too so it can not be done or used that way) Hence the one I posted : that issue does not exist in it and it shows the crosses 100% accuratly and without repainting or crosses changing

regards

Mladen

Knez:
Mladen, Is your adaptive RSI more accurate than Perky's one?

mladen:
Knez,

The one I posted is accurate as far as the issue of 2 line indicators combined in one sub-window is concerned (please read the post again, it is the issue of a 2 indicators with unknown minimum and maximum in a same sub-window : whenever the minimum or the maximum for the visible window changes or the number of bars change or you simply change the height of that sub-window, the crosses will change too so it can not be done or used that way) Hence the one I posted : that issue does not exist in it and it shows the crosses 100% accuratly and without repainting or crosses changing

regards

Mladen

Thanks Mladen.

Cheers. (Pozdrav)

mladen:
A thing or two that seem to be overlooked ...

Placing 2 moving averages (since "adaptive RSI" is in fact an EMA that uses RSI to become "adaptive") in a same separate window is not the same as placing 2 moving averages on a main chart and then looking for their crossovers. That can be done only if both indicators have a same minimum and maximum and with 2 moving averages it is not the case. A simple change of a number of displayed bars, for example, is going to change where the crossovers "happened". Here is an example where only the number of displayed bars is changed (I simply opened a sub-window containing a list of indicators on the left on the metatrader window - as you can see neither the relative value nor the crosses are the same)

In order to avoid that and assuming that the separate window is "a must", an indicator that combines 2 indicators must be written. Attaching one that does that and as you will see, crossovers are fixed but are not the same as in the template

As of the histo version : at a first glance it seems to be OK even though the condition checking can be much simpler (a simple current<o or current>0 is enough) and even though the period is not used internaly at all (it is a sort of 3-14 rsi adaptive ema MACD) Compare it to the attached and you will see that the crosses correspond exactly but are different from the template

thanks mladen excellent input..................

I see what you mean as per the histogram hmmmm drat I'd love to fix that...............

Ive also added a period 50 the red line as support or major trend change

I see what you mean... using your indicator and the histo r the same now

interesting point tho with overlaying indicators

its late if you don't mind i'll put the changes into post 1 later its 2am and here i am cutting code..

Files:

sentaco:
Great share thanks for it. I will make this Indicator to shot a alert . Regards

Arrows we need arrows but from what ive seem some crosses can change back thus my advice about waiting for the bar/candle to close..

missed this nice little long (where the red line is) on GBDUSD reading the posts lol

still tonight 12 + 9 pips is ok

Files:
bce3.gif  61 kb

changed the 1st post udated it thanks to mladen and his rewrite on the adptive rsi in one indicator excellent explanation and love his work.

Added a 3rd line in red adrsi period 50 which sort of works as support/resistance.

Perky:
changed the 1st post udated it thanks to mladen and his rewrite on the adptive rsi in one indicator excellent explanation and love his work. Added a 3rd line in red adrsi period 50 which sort of works as support/resistance.

essentially we're all waiting your next indy, the "4 RSI adaptive EMAs"

p.s.

in elite section i was open a thread for doc sequential bars, when i understood that it was useless i delete everything...get the idea

Best regards

Doc

Just as I thought a lurker (not that theres anything wrong with that) with nothing to really add but negativity Dr House learn to lurk some pips you may be a happier person.

get this idea????

Closed SHORT $GBPUSD for +5 pips profit; 18% of the @Currensee community volume is trading the GBPUSD with sentiment 40% SHORT #forex

Perky:
Just as I thought a lurker (not that theres anything wrong with that) with nothing to really add but negativity Dr House learn to lurk some pips you may be a happier person.

get this idea????

Closed SHORT $GBPUSD for +5 pips profit; 18% of the @Currensee community volume is trading the GBPUSD with sentiment 40% SHORT #forex

i'm already an happier person , when i'm reading these threads i become so sad

Best regards

Doc

Reason: