how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 14

Just skimmed this, my new development, it's still raw of course, I just compiled it yesterday,
but as you can see there is something!
The indicator does not use Trends and Flatts, MA and other Indices!
It works solely on price, that is, the price is the best indicator,
For greater fidelity checks the history from 3 to 100 bars usually enough on average 10-12 bars for analysis.

Yes, let me explain: blue arrows are stupidly pointing upwards, Red ones are downwards, Violet ones are uncertain,
but the purple ones can be opened based on the past arrow =)
See for yourself of course... "Wings, wings, legs - the main thing is the tail!" ;)

To identify flat areas, a quantitative description of Bolinger band narrowing can be used

Gryphon
Can I see the code? And how do you define a flat and a trend?

Foxter >>:
Грифону
А код можно посмотреть? И как определяется флет и тренд?

Sorry I can't give you the code, it took me 4 months of programming for this particular turkey,

hopefully not for nothing, i'll try it today =)

(edited, forgot to answer the 2nd question)

Flat and Trend is not defined at all!

The indicator is stupid counts ticks of price, checks with already formed bars of history and at the appearance of a new candle sets the arrow or "x"

Gryphon
I see. Does the logic define trend and flat? And if so, by what algorithm?

Scythe
Is it true that narrow periods of BB, say within 20 periods, are always a flat, and if the borders are equal but go at an angle?

Foxter >>:
Грифону
Ясно. А определение тренда и флета в логику заложено? И если да, то по какому алгоритму?

There is no definition of a flat and trend, the logic is only put in the calculation of 1-2 candles next,

I forgot to sign the dots (blue and red) are approximate to where the candle will be, i.e. it does not define a big move, but only for 1-2 candles.

Svinozavr >>:
... Может, если руки дойдут, выложу в базе. Причесывать надо. Ну, это как всегда у меня...

You would at least put it out there in some form, if it's not a commercial product, and then comb it out as much as you like. I am deciphering Alexei, he is a tactful man, but it is easier for us villagers. What he thought, and then he blurted out. :))

Svinozavr
Put it out there. Maybe while people are watching and thinking, you can make these changes.

Here's a sketch of something =)
The effect is as follows: a strong movement is usually followed by a trend, the arrows just show this movement.
A simple indicator for those who want to play trend and flat =)
Files:

Here's the indicator that distinguishes a flat from a trend...
Reason: