Mandarine EAs mods - page 61

And its working on FXCM now.

Files:

i am using the old Ver. of Mandarine Martingale without on FXCM real account and i did not face any issue, are you sure that the issue is related the EA itself or something related to the setup of this super EA.

Best regards,

Hatem

htawfik:
i am using the old Ver. of Mandarine Martingale without on FXCM real account and i did not face any issue, are you sure that the issue is related the EA itself or something related to the setup of this super EA.

Best regards,

Hatem

Hello Hatem,

Not really sure.

mladen:
Guys, try this version on FXCM Parameter for adjustable slippage added to it along with some minor changes. Default slippage is set to 0 but for FXCM it can not be 0. From my experience and from the information I have it must be at least 3 so it should be tested with some similar slippage (what is sure that you can not open an order without a slippage on FXCM any more, so in order to make it work on FXCM it must be > 0)

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for the new version. I already started forward testing it and yesterday it placed a trade on GBPCHF without problem. I'm using a 10 point slippage (5-digit). I coded a script to issue orders. Initially I used a 5 point slippage with FXCM and it worked well. However recently I enountered error 129 with it and had to change slippage to 10 points to make it work. I searched the web and found some threads on the foul play of FXCM. It looks that FXCM' MT4 platform is hostile to EAs. Their no-dealing desk mt4 platform is programmed to systematically rip you off, if you use an EA.

pooh

Hi Mladen,

The new version v1.01 had worked normally for a few days, placing multiple trades without problem. However, yesterday it ran into error 129 again on GBPCHF. Please see attached screenshot. I checked the codes again and found that you already considered 5 digits effect when applying slippage, which I failed to realize when I started testing the new version. I had set slippage at "15", thinking it was 15 5-digit points. Now I realize that I had actually set the slippage at 15 4-digit points ! What baffles me is that, even with a 15 4-digit-point slippage, the EA still ran into error 129. Would you please enlighten me on what might have caused the issue ?

pooh

Files:
capture0517.jpg  54 kb

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

The new version v1.01 had worked normally for a few days, placing multiple trades without problem. However, yesterday it ran into error 129 again on GBPCHF. Please see attached screenshot. I checked the codes again and found that you already considered 5 digits effect when applying slippage, which I failed to realize when I started testing the new version. I had set slippage at "15", thinking it was 15 5-digit points. Now I realize that I had actually set the slippage at 15 4-digit points ! What baffles me is that, even with a 15 4-digit-point slippage, the EA still ran into error 129. Would you please enlighten me on what might have caused the issue ?

pooh

pooh

Frankly I do not know. I am normally on another broker but will switch my demo to FXCM for some days to see what can cause that. What I know that even on manual opening orders I am getting that kind of errors on FXCM and it was happening even in a quiet market.

So, will have to do some tests independent of that EA to see exactly when and why are those thing happening on FXCM but that will take a couple of days (since I have to test it in run-time - back-test is no good in this case)

Weird thing is I have it on a FXCM demo and slippage = 5 and on the same pair as Pooh mentioned and no errors whatsoever, and it placed the sell order.

Files:
mm_1.01.png  70 kb

I used this "EA" (since this is just a couple of lines) to open an order with slippage set to 0, and it opened an order on FXCM right now (so it can open orders even with slippage set to 0). It makes me wonder more and more what is going on with FXCM accounts

int init() { return(0); }

int start()

{

if (OrdersTotal()<1)

{

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,0,0,Ask+100*Point,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);

Comment(GetLastError());

}

return(0);

}

Mandarine martingale inverted correct made new metatrader 4 compatible : mandarine_martingale_invertedcorrect_1.01_nmc.mq4

Updated regular Mandarine EA with fib filter option to work on new mt4. Need the T3 Basic new in your indicators folder for the EA to work.
Reason: