Dynamic zone indicators ... - page 2

Dynamic zone smoothed RSI

Immediately one variation on "RSI theme".

The one used in this is the smoothed RSI by Ehlers. Personally I like it better than the "regular" RSI for its faster response in peak pointing (RSI tends to crawl around the 50 line and this one is a bit more responsive to price than the original RSI) For a comparison on this picture are the smoothed RSI - blue and the original RSI - gray

Parameters for smoothed RSI :
RsiLength- period for RSI

RsiPrice- price to apply to

RsiSmooth- do you want the RSI smoothed or not (even when it is not smoothed it is not the same as the original RSI regarding amplitudes, so do not be alarmed with those differences)

Parameters for Dynamic zone smoothed RSI :
RsiLength- period for RSI

RsiPrice- price to apply to

RsiSmooth- do you want the RSI smoothed at all or notDzLookBackBars- number of bars to look back for dynamic zone

DzStartBuyProbability- probability for buy zone

DzStartSellProbability- probability for sell zone

PS: dynamicZone.dll for the dll version can be downloaded from the post #1 of this thread

Dynamic zone ADX

Dynamic zone ADX (metatrader built in ADX)

Parameters :
AdxLength- period for ADX

AdxPrice- price to apply to

DzLookBackBars- number of bars to look back for dynamic zone

DzStartProbability- probability for trend/no trend zone

When ADX is above the zone line, market is trending, when it is bellow the zone line it is in "non trending" mode

PS: dynamicZone.dll for the dll version can be downloaded from the post #1 of this thread

Dynamic zone Wilder's ADX

It is a logical step, since we all know that metatrader's build in ADX has very little to do with the original Wilder's ADX (see the picture with compared ADX and Wilder's ADX)

Parameters :
AdxLength- period for ADX

AdxPrice- price to apply to

DzStartProbability- probability for trend/no trend zone

When Wilder's ADX is above the zone line, market is trending, when it is bellow the zone line it is in "non trending" mode

Dynamic zone WPR

Well, it is a dynamic zone of a smoothed WPR (which effectively makes it "almost a stochastic")

Parameters :
WprLength- period for Williams percent range

WprSmooth- period for smoothing the WPR

WprSmoothMode- mode to smooth the WPR. Possible choices are

0 - simple moving average

1 - exponential moving average

2 - smoothed moving average

3 - linear weighted moving average

Dynamic zone ATR

Dynamic zone ATR

Deviation from the original ATR is that this one shows ATR in pips and not in absolute value of the change as the original ATR does. Atr is additionally smoothed, but if you want to avoid the additional smoothing simply set AtrSmooth to anything smaller or equal to 1. According to Leo Zamansky and David Stendahl :

This Dynamic zone ATR indicator can be used as a filter to prevent systems from trading during volatile periods or possible just the opposite only allow the system to trade during extreme volatile periods.

Parameters :
AtrLength- period for Williams percent range

AtrrSmooth- period for smoothing the ATR

AtrSmoothMode- mode to smooth the ATR. Possible choices are

Dynamic zone price zone

Dynamic zone price zone (two "flavors" : without and with center line)

Parameters :
DzPrice- price to use for the "price zone"

DzSmooth- period for smoothing the input price

DzSmoothMode- mode to smooth the input price. Possible choices are

PS: the default smoothing is effectively turned off (DzSmooth==1)

PPS: dynamicZone.dll for the dll version can be downloaded from the post #1 of this thread

Dynamic zone CCI

Dynamic zone CCI

Since all the trading ways and systems I saw that are using CCI also depend greatly on zero line cross, I wander what would Woodie say on this one

Parameters :
CciLength- period to calculate the CCI for

CciPrice - price to use for the CCI (remember that the original CCI is calculated exclusively on typical (High+Low+Close)/3 price)

DzSmooth- period to smooth the CCI
Smoothing used here is the double smoothed EMA. I decided to use it for its speed and low lag. Zemansky and Stendahl used a predecessor of JMA in their RINA system, but I decided to use the double smoothed EMA. See the picture for comparison of JMA (red) and double smoothed EMA (blue). Even if JMA is somewhat "faster" on peaks, it overshoots and in periods after peaks it effectively lags, and that is the reason for not choosing it

If you want to turn the smoothing off, set this parameter to less than 2

DzLookBackBars- number of bars to look back for dynamic zoneDzStartBuyProbability- probability for buy zoneDzStartSellProbability- probability for sell zone

Dynamic zone MACD

Dynamic zone MACD. A deviation from the original MACD is that this one shows MACD in pips. It is partially needed in order to keep the dynamic zone indicator simple (the user side) because otherwise it would need more parameters that are necessary to adjust dynamic zone calculations. This way it is simple, accurate and shows information that is a bit more informative (at least I think so since I am so used to "think in pips") than the original absolute change

Parameters :
MacdFast- period for fast EMA

MacdSlow- period for slow EMA

MacdSignal- period for signal line

MacdSignalMode- mode to calculate signal line. Possible choices are

by default, it is set to EMA to match the original MACD calculation. If you want to get the same signal line as the built in metatrader MACD you should use SMA for signal line
MacdPrice- price to apply to

PS : decided to make a version with a dynamic "zero line" too. It is rather interesting (at the least) how the zero line changes and, as far as I am concerned, it is much more useful than the original fixed zero line MACD uses

Important notice :

Every indicator that did not use a dll for calculating dynamic zone is updated (a dll version is attached along with the "non-dll version") Values are not going to change, but the speed difference and processor usage are significantly better for the dll versions, so I recommend using those instead of the non-dll versions. All the updated have an "dll" in the end of their names.

mrtools:
Mladen again thanks for these indicators, by any chance did you try dynamic zone cfb rsx, just curious?

It is a work in progress

As with some other ting, sometimes Mark Jurik tells something that is rather a "theoretical idea" than a practical one.

The problem is simple : cfb is an oscillator without known upper bound (so without known range) which demands a couple of thing to do before it is used for the purpose Jurik claims it can be used. It should be "normalized" but any normalization is "deforming" the original values. So I first have to find out a harmless way to avoid to much cfb deformation in order to keep it useful for the purpose he metiones (the funny thing is that, as far as I know, Jurik did not make it, but I might be wrong on this statement)

mladen:
Important notice :

Every indicator that did not use a dll for calculating dynamic zone is updated (a dll version is attached along with the "non-dll version") Values are not going to change, but the speed difference and processor usage are significantly better for the dll versions, so I recommend using those instead of the non-dll versions. All the updated have an "dll" in the end of their names.

It is a work in progress

As with some other ting, sometimes Mark Jurik tells something that is rather a "theoretical idea" than a practical one.

The problem is simple : cfb is an oscillator without known upper bound (so without known range) which demands a couple of thing to do before it is used for the purpose Jurik claims it can be used. It should be "normalized" but any normalization is "deforming" the original values. So I first have to find out a harmless way to avoid to much cfb deformation in order to keep it useful for the purpose he metiones (the funny thing is that, as far as I know, Jurik did not make it, but I might be wrong on this statement)

I think you are probably right only version I have seen is the one in his pdf.

Reason: