Requests & Ideas - page 5

Mladen,

I just realized, that this indicator when ATR days is calculated to 1, calculates the current range as its indicator, whereas it should really be calculating the yesterdays values.

Hence, if ATRday = 1;

If today is Tuesday, the values for Tuesday should be the previous range, Monday.

Please verify, thanks

Yes, it works like that

Will add a mode to "shift" required calculation value by some chosen value (something similar to shift in moving averages so you will be able to chose)

mladen

Walander:
Mladen,

I just realized, that this indicator when ATR days is calculated to 1, calculates the current range as its indicator, whereas it should really be calculating the yesterdays values.

Hence, if ATRday = 1;

If today is Tuesday, the values for Tuesday should be the previous range, Monday.

Please verify, thanks

Walander,

I think this is the one that you need

Added daysShift parameter (it can not be negative) and changed the timeShift parameter to timeZone parameter since, in effect, it is a GMT timeZone

On the picture compared one with daysShift 0 and 1

Last and final request

Could I have a "weekly" version?

Thanks.

K, I lied.

Technically, it was the last request for the ATR indicator.

This is a whole new concept

Need a Channel based indicator on ROC.

Hence, The channel is based off High Low back periods of a ROC.

So- Period 5 Roc and you're looking to build a channel around the indicator on 5 periods of a 5 period Roc indicator

A HI/Low channel

Thanks

Walander OK

One step at a time. ATR first and then we continue.

btw: new year brainstorming? :):)

Actually,

The ROC idea came from the basis of watching Linda Rashke, (She has the most annoying voice I've ever heard in audio).Alot of her trading strategies is based off ROC, an indicator which I've never taken a very close look at.

She made a comment somewhere during the $1000 seminar that talked about the fact when power was out, she devised a strategy based on placing trades on breaks of higher highs and lower lows of the ROC. I devised a fast and easy way to visualize this process is by using a Donchian Channel of ROC.

So yes, I guess its New Year Brainstorming

igorad:
Try to use PriceChannelZigZag_v3.2 with default settings.

Left value - current distance between tops and bottoms in pips ,

Right value - average distance.

Hi Igorad,

Is it possible to have the average full cycle and the average half-cycle.

and to request that this average is calculated by a number of movements.

For example on the picture, the average movement is calculated based on the last 10 movements (finally!).

I put several indicators to show that any indicator is excellent with the good parameters.

in this picture, the average full cycle is 56 and half cycle is 28.

Regards

PriceChannelZigZag_v3.3 with calculation of average half-cycle (avg full cycle = 2*avg half cycle).

gafet:
Hi Igorad,

Is it possible to have the average full cycle and the average half-cycle.

and to request that this average is calculated by a number of movements.

For example on the picture, the average movement is calculated based on the last 10 movements (finally!).

I put several indicators to show that any indicator is excellent with the good parameters.

in this picture, the average full cycle is 56 and half cycle is 28.

Regards

Files:

Oh yeah, many thanks Igorad.

Reason: