Requests & Ideas - page 378

wieb:
Mladen, Got warning on MT4 build 765, please fix this indicator

wieb

That is used on an offline chart

It is widely known that offline charts in the new mettarader are as buggy as hell (among other things, they do not count the number of changed bars correctly which causes all bars recalculation on each and every tick). It is not a problem of the indicator - it is a yet another problem (error) of new metatrader 4

There are some ways to avoid using metatrader built in buggy functions that are working wrongly when used on offline charts, by that I can do only on Monday (I have to check if the "old" way of avoiding metatrader bugs still works or do I have to find new ways to avoid what they never cared to correct but are showing nonsense "errors" like that to cover their inability to correct their own errors)

Also, it can largeley depend on the offline chart implementation (as I told a lot of times : we can tell how it will work on regular charts, but how it works on offline times in a lot of cases depends on the offline data generator and has very little in common with the regular charts)

mladen:

That is used on an offline chart

You are right, I am using it with offline chart

mladen:

It is not a problem of the indicator - it is a yet another problem (error) of new metatrader 4

But why MT4 gave warning on this indicator only and not the others?

mladen:

by that I can do only on Monday

Please take your time, I will patiently waiting

Also, please process my other request: #3780

Thanks a lot for the help.

wieb:
You are right, I am using it with offline chart

But why MT4 gave warning on this indicator only and not the others?

Please take your time, I will patiently waiting

Also, please process my other request: #3780

Thanks a lot for the help.

What are the exact settings that you used for that indicator (so that I can check it with the exact same settings on Monday)?

mladen:
What are the exact settings that you used for that indicator (so that I can check it with the exact same settings on Monday)?

I am using default settings on both indicators.

Files:
ccistudy.jpg  213 kb

wieb:
I am using default settings on both indicators.

Wieb, on the trend strength oma did this version, would you mind testing it and see if it's working better, if it is better then will add the arrows similar to the first version.

mrtools:
Wieb, on the trend strength oma did this version, would you mind testing it and see if it's working better, if it is better then will add the arrows similar to the first version.

"TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc" feels more lighter but little bit different than "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" or "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc"

Windows 1: "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict"

Windows 2: "TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc"

Windows 3: "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc"

As could see in above image, "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" and "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc" has smoother lines than "TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc".

I choose "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" (or "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc") because its has smoother lines.

May be the smoother feature makes "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" more CPU intensive than "TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc"

Files:
dif.jpg  211 kb

wieb:
"TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc" feels more lighter but little bit different than "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" or "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc"

As could see in above image, "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" and "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc" has smoother lines than "TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc".

I choose "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" (or "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc") because its has smoother lines.

May be the smoother feature makes "TrendStrength oma channel - mtf & alerts nmc - strict" more CPU intensive than "TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc"

wieb

Both are using the same smoothing techniques - it is not the problem of that

wieb:

Wieb, tried them both together using the same settings, on the version i posted yesterday the OmaSpeed was by default set at 8, the older version it was set at 1.5. I get identical results when setting that the same.

Files:
ts_oma.png  79 kb

Mladen:

advanced_rsx_2.01_amp_arrows.ex4

Can you make this a non MTF version?

Thanks

Thorcmt

mrtools:
Wieb, tried them both together using the same settings, on the version i posted yesterday the OmaSpeed was by default set at 8, the older version it was set at 1.5. I get identical results when setting that the same.

Thank you for the solution MrTools, I also get identical results when OmaSpeed set at 1.5

No need to add more arrows, TrendStrength Oma Channel 3.01 nmc.mq4 has enough arrows.

Please process my request on post #3780

Files:
dif2.jpg  174 kb
Reason: