Requests & Ideas - page 558

mLaden,could you please help me out. I have made modifications to your indicator to get rid of the "enum" and work in MTF as I like it i.e. automatically show the next higher TF to the current. Usually that did not create any problem but this time I get and error "illegal operation use" for

limit = (int)MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,-99,0,0)*TimeFrame/_Period));

Got no clue how to resolve that.
Thanks!

Hi mladen, mrtools!

Could you add smoothing based on the latest set of averages (choosable) to the otherwise great DSS of Kaufman AMA? The regular options from iMA are just way too laggy. I'm talking about both initial smoothing and the one within the iDss function (although I don't quite understand how it works in case of DSS, it doesn't even use iMA but is called EMA nevertheless). What I'm hoping to get here is smoothable price input and final output of the Dss. Hope it's not too much of a hassle.

Files:

rplust:

mLaden,could you please help me out. I have made modifications to your indicator to get rid of the "enum" and work in MTF as I like it i.e. automatically show the next higher TF to the current. Usually that did not create any problem but this time I get and error "illegal operation use" for

limit = (int)MathMax(limit,MathMin(Bars-1,iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,-99,0,0)*TimeFrame/_Period));

Got no clue how to resolve that.
Thanks!

rplust

Would you mind posting the code change you are trying to use (since the indicator you posted is OK codewise)?

talaate:

Hi oguz
if this the indicator you try to send it to me PM, then the answer is:

No it never repaint, however,
- if you are using it in the current time frame, don't worry at all it is never repaint (Mladen made)

- if you are using it at higher time frame while you are in lower one, like you open 15M but you run it on H1, in this case if you get the signal you have to wait until the H1 time finished and the fact is approved otherwise the market may and can change  and the signal will at this time disappear. In other words you have to wait until the higher time is collapsed  

There is good option sometime better to be used which is OnFirstBar (or OnNewest), that option will give the signal at the end of the higher time used for the indicator. so you will be sure from the market trend. This is typical MTF indicators behave as a 1000 times Mladen tried to explain.

When you change the setting of OnNewest or onFirst bar (false/true), of course for higher time, you will recognize the difference.

Please use the attached indicator instead the one you posted, this one includes all the same facilities and more

Just be careful when you are using Boxsize, it is very sensitive, I use to set it at 300 for gold and 25-30 for E/U,

Crazy: Isn't?

Dear  @talaate,

Your explanation was very helpful. :-)

By the way, i use EURUSD boxsize "8 - 9.5" (H1) and i find it very useful.

Thank you very much your effort my friend...

oguz:

Dear  @talaate,

Your explanation was very helpful. :-)

By the way, i use EURUSD boxsize "8 - 9.5" (H1) and i find it very useful.

Thank you very much your effort my friend...

Good Luck

JeffH:

Hii Mr. Tools, Thankyou!. : )

I tryed this one.  But is the histogram formula from TSI version2 is what I need as line. so is different formula from regular TSI line formula.

Sorry misread your post, think this one will be it.

talaate:
Good Luck

Dear @talaate,

Is there any indicator that you can  recommended for scalping?

(except TTMscalping) 

oguz:

Dear @talaate,

Is there any indicator that you can  recommended for scalping?

(except TTMscalping) 

Hi
It depends on several things, I guess most of step and dynamic indicators can be used as well as some of used jurik calculations ones.

Would it be possible to code the RSI of a ROC ? That's to say that I want to see the RSI of a moment indicator. I know that if I were using Tradestation platform, when applying a RSI indicator rather than using closing price I could call ROC as a function and use the output of ROC to calculate RSI. I would like to be able decide what periods to use for RSI and ROC. Thank you. 

mrtools:

Sorry misread your post, think this one will be it.

Mr. Tools. Thankyou your help! this is great! Can I ask one thing to change please. The new indicator you made can you please add same multiplier function like other one has for adjusting line? 

Files:
Untitled.png  30 kb
Reason: