Requests & Ideas - page 260

pooh123:
Mladen,

Please compare last value of Chinkou span with price of last bar for which there's a Chinkou span value, i.e., price of 26 days ago in the case of D1 timeframe.

Can you please make this condition for Chinkou span optional ? I.e., in the external input section, add an option "Check Chinkou span=_(true/false)". If I input "true", it will check Chinkou span; if I input "false", it will ignore it.

Thank you

pooh

OK, will do that way

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Ichimoku chart is a great indicator. However, it is messy on the main chart. I’d like to have a MTF indicator that shows MTF status of the Ichimoku chart in histogram (the bars of the histogram are equal in height but in different colors). I’d like it to work this way:

Histogram shows blue when

-Price is above cloud & Tankan sen is above Kijun sen & Chinkou span is above price

Histogram shows red when

-Price is below cloud & Tankan sen is below Kijun sen & Chinkou span is below price

Histogram shows white color when Ichimoku chart is in other status.

Can you please create such a MTF Ichimoku indicator ?

Thanks in advance,

pooh

pooh

Try this one out. It is a multi time frame and has an option to compare the Chinkou Span to price or not. When you compare the Chinkou span to price then the last Kijun Sen bars will not have values (due to a lack of Chinkou Span values for those bars)

Here is an example : upper is with Chinkou Span turned on and lower is with Chinkou Span turned of

Files:

mladen:
pooh

Try this one out. It is a multi time frame and has an option to compare the Chinkou Span to price or not. When you compare the Chinkou span to price then the last Kijun Sen bars will not have values (due to a lack of Chinkou Span values for those bars)

Here is an example : upper is with Chinkou Span turned on and lower is with Chinkou Span turned of

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for your work. Sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough about comparing chinkou span with price. Please make it work this way :

Example:

if last value of chinkou span >price of 26 bars ago=true, assign the value of "true" to current bar, not 26 bars ago. The reason behind this is that, when current price is higher than 26 periods ago, it suggests that current market is in an up trend. So even if on the traditional Ichimoku chart the chinkou span seems to be lagging, actually it shows current trend.

I attached here a chart for AUDUSD H4. In the upper indicator window, I turned on comparing chinkou span. In the lower indicator window I turned it off. However, as in the chart, the last chinkou span (the yellow line) value is lower than its corresponding price bar, actually in the upper indicator window, the current bar should be red, as the value is taken from the comparison 26 bars ago. Can you please modify it based on this ? Thanks

Files:
capture_1206.jpg  169 kb

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Thanks for your work. Sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough about comparing chinkou span with price. Please make it work this way :

Example:

if last value of chinkou span >price of 26 bars ago=true, assign the value of "true" to current bar, not 26 bars ago. The reason behind this is that, when current price is higher than 26 periods ago, it suggests that current market is in an up trend. So even if on the traditional Ichimoku chart the chinkou span seems to be lagging, actually it shows current trend.

I attached here a chart for AUDUSD H4. In the upper indicator window, I turned on comparing chinkou span. In the lower indicator window I turned it off. However, as in the chart, the last chinkou span (the yellow line) value is lower than its corresponding price bar, actually in the upper indicator window, the current bar should be red, as the value is taken from the comparison 26 bars ago. Can you please modify it based on this ? Thanks

pooh

Just one clarification. If I assign the values for the Chinkou span the way you described it, do I use the real values of the Chinkou span where they exist or I should use the shifted values in the history too? Or that assignment is valid only for bars that are missing the value of Chinkou span?

mladen:
pooh Just one clarification. If I assign the values for the Chinkou span the way you described it, do I use the real values of the Chinkou span where they exist or I should use the shifted values in the history too? Or that assignment is valid only for bars that are missing the value of Chinkou span?

Mladen,

For example, if current bar is bar 0, compare the value of Chinkou span of bar 26 (the bar 26 periods ago), which is actually the price of bar 0, with the price of bar 26. Based on that comparison on bar 26, you'll get a bool value of true or false. You assign that bool value to bar 0, which is the current bar. And you assign the bool value from comparison on bar 27 to bar 1...and on and on

That value assignment is valid for all bars.

pooh123:
Mladen, For example, if current bar is bar 0, compare the value of Chinkou span of bar 26 (the bar 26 periods ago), which is actually the price of bar 0, with the price of bar 26. Based on that comparison on bar 26, you'll get a bool value of true or false. You assign that bool value to bar 0, which is the current bar. And you assign the bool value from comparison on bar 27 to bar 1...and on and on

pooh

Chikou Span is equal to the price (close) that is shifted Kijun Sen bars back to the past (you can easily check that - use sma period 1 shifted Kijun Sen bars back and it will be exactly the same as Chinkou Span). If we compare the current price to the Chinkou Span Kijun Sen bars ago it will always be equal and the comparison if it is smaller or greater will always return false if we use close for comparison.

Can we use some other comparison?

mladen:
pooh

Chikou Span is equal to the price (close) that is shifted Kijun Sen bars back to the past (you can easily check that - use sma period 1 shifted Kijun Sen bars back and it will be exactly the same as Chinkou Span). If we compare the current price to the Chinkou Span Kijun Sen bars ago it will always be equal and the comparison if it is smaller or greater will always return false if we use close for comparison.

Can we use some other comparison?

Mladen,

Let's forget about the term chinkou span. For each bar, can you just compare its close price with the close price of the bar 26 periods before it, and assign a bool value based on the comparison ? Please make that number of periods changeable, with 26 as the default, so that someone can change it to 25, 30,...if he wants to.

pooh123:
Mladen, Let's forget about the term chinkou span. For each bar, can you just compare its close price with the close price of the bar 26 periods before it, and assign a bool value based on the comparison ? Please make that number of periods changeable, with 26 as the default, so that someone can change it to 25, 30,...if he wants to.

pooh

Here is a version that allows you to compare the price to price any number of bars back (just set the PriceBarToCompareTo to desired value) and set the ComparePrices to true if you wish the price comparison. Comparison to Chinkou Span is out of the comparison conditions in this version now

Files:

mladen:
pooh Here is a version that allows you to compare the price to price any number of bars back (just set the PriceBarToCompareTo to desired value) and set the ComparePrices to true if you wish the price comparison. Comparison to Chinkou Span is out of the comparison conditions in this version now

Mladen,

This version works great ! Thank you so much for it !

pooh

Good day, Mladen ! I would like to make a new request about the option of upgrading

the indicator from mq4 into mq5 ( it’s the "next" month already ! )

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend, Mikhael.

onchart_rsi_of_macd_2.mq4

Reason: