Requests & Ideas - page 228

mrtools:
Nevar, can't find the link but if its the one I'm thinking of, it's calculating TMA Centered through all the currency pairs and timeframes, so finally decided there wasn't any way to lessen the CPU load enough.

MrTools,

Here is the link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page102

If it is calculating TMA Centered then it is recalculating, is it possible to replace TMA centered calculation with JMA or any other MA ?Thanks.

Thank you mladen!

But..is there another option to do a good backtests?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

mladen:
Hermo It is not possible. Try to use regular mode (not the visual mode) always when you want a fast test (since regular mode is faster) but that is it - it can not be made run faster than in the regular mode of testing

Hermo:
Thank you mladen!

But..is there another option to do a good backtests?

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Hermo

As far as metatrader EAs are concerned, there is no other acceptable (100% compatible) way of backtesting

protrade:
Hi Mr Tools or Mladen. I had an idea for an indicator a couple of weeks back and have not seen anything posted like it here so far so here goes: It is basically two regular MACDs on a chart with one inverted. I was playing around with placing two MACDs on a chart and found some interesting signal crosses when the settings on one is inverted. But it can't just be any settings to create this effect. It has to be no-lag settings on both. So I came up with 10-26-1 for one MACD and 26-10-1 for the other and you'll see how it looks on the attached image. The crossings do appear as if they are floating though, at least some do. Don't know why. If you can create an alert when the orange line (in image) crosses the yellow line, I think it would be a really good indicator.

protrade

It can not be made the way you set it up (and I recommend that you do not use it the way you set it up). Let me explain : when two indicators are placed ate the same subwindow metatrader is adjust the vertical position of the two (if they do not have the same minimum and maximum value - and MACD does not have a known minimum and/or maximum). So it completely depends on the minimum and maximum values of the indicator on the visible segment of the chart you are currently observing. And there is the catch : if the minimum or maximum value of the indicator changes then all (including the places where you have those crosses) will change

In short : you will have a heavily repainting indicator. As a test : place it on a 1 minute chart and observe how will the crosses change places as the time passes (and minimum and maximums change).

On the other hand, if we place two MACD indicators in the same subwindow and anchor them to 0, the crosses will always happen on a place where MACD crosses 0 line.

Ohh ok thanks for explaining it Mladen.

mladen:
protrade

It can not be made the way you set it up (and I recommend that you do not use it the way you set it up). Let me explain : when two indicators are placed ate the same subwindow metatrader is adjust the vertical position of the two (if they do not have the same minimum and maximum value - and MACD does not have a known minimum and/or maximum). So it completely depends on the minimum and maximum values of the indicator on the visible segment of the chart you are currently observing. And there is the catch : if the minimum or maximum value of the indicator changes then all (including the places where you have those crosses) will change

In short : you will have a heavily repainting indicator. As a test : place it on a 1 minute chart and observe how will the crosses change places as the time passes (and minimum and maximums change).

On the other hand, if we place two MACD indicators in the same subwindow and anchor them to 0, the crosses will always happen on a place where MACD crosses 0 line.

Thank you mladen,

so, I understand that you can find another way to backtest (without metatrader). Could you teach me on that or give me a reference/link to learn it?

For example, what is your method to try the codes (it's what I really want to know, because I thought it was with MT4)? If is this case, do you know other similar/better?

Two different questions...but talking about the same, more or less.

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

mladen:
Hermo As far as metatrader EAs are concerned, there is no other acceptable (100% compatible) way of backtesting

Hermo:
Thank you mladen,

so, I understand that you can find another way to backtest (without metatrader). Could you teach me on that or give me a reference/link to learn it?

For example, what is your method to try the codes (it's what I really want to know, because I thought it was with MT4)? If is this case, do you know other similar/better?

Two different questions...but talking about the same, more or less.

Thank you in advance!

Hermo

Hermo

There were some alternative to metatrader back-testing and I was trying one or two but I gave up due to too much incompatibilities

So, for that last 2-3 years the code I always try with metatrader and frankly do not know a better way to test it

nevar:
MrTools,

Here is the link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page102

If it is calculating TMA Centered then it is recalculating, is it possible to replace TMA centered calculation with JMA or any other MA ?Thanks.

Nevar,

Will see what I can do but can't make any promises on it.

Hi Mr Tools or Mladen, can you make this Stix indicator multi-time frame please? Also if you can make an EA version of it too, that would be great. Thanks.

Files:

protrade:
Hi Mr Tools or Mladen, can you make this Stix indicator multi-time frame please? Also if you can make an EA version of it too, that would be great. Thanks.

Protrade this is the mtf version and a stripped down EA version.

Files:
stix_mtf.png  58 kb
stix.mq4  3 kb
Reason: