Requests & Ideas - page 134

O e o b indicator

hello mladen, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, may your skills be increased

Bollinger band bars

Hi mladen,

You posted an indicator on the public thread called bollinger band bars. Attached is a version with a second deviation band. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a new indicator that draws dots that change colour based on certain conditions. Considering that there are not enough buffers in the original to do this but this version would be an alerts version with out all the drawing.

The idea is to that when the bars are above zero an orange dot would form when the high of the candle touches the first bollinger band and a red one when the second bollinger band is touched. Ideally, it would turn green when the close of the bar is bellow the the first bollinger band.

The idea is to create an exhaustion bar indicator along the lines of the what is found in Wave59. I don't know the logic behind that one but eyeing the values on the chart, this could serve the same function.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex

Will see what can be done. In my experience the trickiest is to do the "touches". It is almost never a touch, so we need some tolerance in the touches (if it is within the toleranec to band then we could assume that it is "touching" it) Will try with % tolereance and will get back with it

hughesfleming:
Hi mladen,

You posted an indicator on the public thread called bollinger band bars. Attached is a version with a second deviation band. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a new indicator that draws dots that change colour based on certain conditions. Considering that there are not enough buffers in the original to do this but this version would be an alerts version with out all the drawing.

The idea is to that when the bars are above zero an orange dot would form when the high of the candle touches the first bollinger band and a red one when the second bollinger band is touched. Ideally, it would turn green when the close of the bar is bellow the the first bollinger band.

The idea is to create an exhaustion bar indicator along the lines of the what is found in Wave59. I don't know the logic behind that one but eyeing the values on the chart, this could serve the same function.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks,

Yes, I understand the problem. I have mine set to longer lengths so that the bands are flatter so the conditions are easier to see.

regards,

Alex

Bollinger bands bars with marked touches ...

Alex

Try this version out.

Used this kind of "arrows" since they are always positioned at the correct price (unlike some other arrow types which have displacement from the price they are actual drawn at) You can choose other arrow code in the parameters(dot is 159 for example) Tolerance is set in percents. Colors are adjustable for all touches as well the visibility of the "touches" (you can turn them on or off)

regards

Mladen

hughesfleming:
Thanks,

Yes, I understand the problem. I have mine set to longer lengths so that the bands are flatter so the conditions are easier to see.

regards,

Alex

This is very cool. Great for curve fitting standard Deviation levels.

Thanks so much!!!!

Alex

Hi mladen,

Here is a picture of the bb bars set to 50 with 2 and 2.618 Std. Deviations. I have set the tolerance at 8 to highlight an issue which might make this a better indicator. The tolerance is working fine for bars that don't quite reach the bollinger band. If we look at the last hourly signal, there is a wick above one the previous bar. Is there any chance to add a dot above those wicks to say, we are really overbought at this point? Apart from that one thing, it works very well.

Thanks,

Alex

Files:
eurusd_1h.gif  29 kb

OSMA SLOPE HISTOGRAM ( 10 in 1 ) and RSI T3 SLOPE HISTOGRAM ( 10 in 1 )

HELLO MLADEN, Kindly help to create a MULTI version of the OSMA Slope Histogram. it would have room in the INPUT for 10 different settings of the Osma slope histogram. when the 10 different settings are ALL GREEN the indicator would show GREEN and vice-versa for RED. however when all 10 are NOT showing the same COLOR it would show YELLOW COLOR. I would appreciate if you can do exactly the same ALSO with the RSI T3 SLOPE HISTOGRAM. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your good work.

mladen:

Those bars are indicating 2 things :current trend (which in my opinion is the most important) by simply watching which is the current trend and deciding according to the values of the oscillator should one enter or not (or close position if the direction changes)

regards

Mladen

Mladen

Little confusion regards to your Elliot Wave oscillator indi - need your clarification!

The colored bars indicate current trend....

Purple is DOWN trend and Yellow is UP trend. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

Files:

Red is the position of the last price down peak and yellow is the position of the last up price peak when the value breaks the averages

averageiq:
Mladen

Little confusion regards to your Elliot Wave oscillator indi - need your clarification!

The colored bars indicate current trend....

Purple is DOWN trend and Yellow is UP trend. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks
Reason: