Files:
polyfit.gif  89 kb

How Can I back test?

I want to backtest polyfitscalper1.58.

somehow I doesn't trade at all.

1.57 version as well.

what is the reason?

polyfitscalper uses only M1 time frame.

so not much different result from forward testing right?

Am I miss understanding?

Results will be different from forward testing as this EA is using the ticks (10 seconds timeframe).

But you can backtest just to see how it works.

Well... I installed PolyFitScalper 158 on an IBFX mini account (Igorads favorite ☺ just kidding). EURCHF M1 with 1K. I changed the lots to 0.01

I used the default settings provided which is probably the wrong times....IBFX is gmt+ 0...but as usual I have no idea what that means to this EA's inputs..

ES

For LiteForex (who will use it) - change TimeShift to 1 in the EA's settings/input.

For MB Trading - use TimeShift = -6.

The main settings to use this EA with different broker are the following:

ScheduleName = "EURCHF_M1.txt"; // Name of Schedule's File

ScheduleCheck = 0; // Check of Schedule in Experts Window

ScheduleMode = 1; // Schedule Mode: 0-off,1-on

TimeShift = 0; // Time Shift in hours (for Schedule only)

It means the following:

if ScheduleMode = 1 so EA will use timin parameters from text file (from EURCHF_M1.txt for example).

It is parameters for Alpari broker with GMT +1.

To use it with the other brokers - we have TimeShift .

TimeShift = 0 is for Alpari with GMT +1.

TimeShift = 1 is for LiteForex with GMT +2.

TimeShift = -6 is for MB Trading.

ElectricSavant:
Well... I installed PolyFitScalper 158 on an IBFX mini account (Igorads favorite ☺ just kidding). EURCHF M1 with 1K. I changed the lots to 0.01

I used the default settings provided which is probably the wrong times....IBFX is gmt+ 0...but as usual I have no idea what that means to this EA's inputs..

ES

Hi ElectricSavant,

IBFX ...

If ScheduleMode = 1 (and it is 1 by default) so all timing parameters are taken from text file (from EURCHF_M1.txt for example). This text file was written for Alpari broker with GMT +1. In this case TimeShift = 0.

TimeShift = 1 for LiteForex with GMT +2.

TimeShift = -6 for MB Trading.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

IBFX?

I moved mouse on Alpari UK chart M1 timeframe and see the time of the open bar:

08:11

Same - time for IBFX in IBFX Metatrader M1 chart:

07:11.

If Alpari is on GMT +1 now so IBFX is on GMT + 0.

So, I think that for IBFX:

TimeShift = -1

Yes, I agree - the settings for this EA is very complicated.

By the way - I started to trade new 1.59 version.

I will trade it for 2 days more (just to see how it works) and after that - will post here.

It is Metatrader with 1.59 - less risky settings:

It is Metatrader with 1.59 - more risky settings:

Let's see which version will survive with such a hard trading condition with volitale pairs.

It is the first day only.

ND...Thanks I will try "TimeShift" (-1)

I looked at the platform I am testing with PolyFitScalper158 and it traded twice while I was sleeping and banked $3.69 usd. What a surprise...I must go look at the trades now and see more about this EA...

ES

P.S. It had two open positions open at one time (entered at different times) and closed them both together for the profit.

P.P.S. The trades seem a little heavy...but this is scalping on a one-minute chart...so I will need to get used to that...(I went back to 0.1 lotsize but I think MM takes over anyways.)

Just my personal opinion:

old 1.57 version is performing good for the long time with same account. So, it is better to use 1.57, or to wait when I will post 1.59: this new 1.59 is having martingale feature so it is more safe in case of using 0.01 lot size as starting lot size (i need to forward test this 1.59 for 2 days more before uploading on this thread).

Reason: