PolyFitScalper - page 11

I am trading all pairs it got up to 6k dropped down to 4.5 there was so much zig zagging in the afternoon like 20 pips up 20 pips down every second like a 0.5hz sine wave due to huge losses prior I put in SL = 10 what kinda blew out in a second. after it was over each trade this did was 450 into the red (was just very unlucky)

looking at the problems faced with this bot I dont feel the mq4 language can handle the volatility of the market and make a reasonable trade.

Only thing I know that would is matlab and would make a fortune off it in a single day. especially if todays trade was repeated (what i am sure it will be) problem is finding a wrapper for it to work with.

BTW I traded all the pairs to test how rigorous this bot is before i put it in charge of my forex account.

I think I will just hire a programmer to write me a custom dll and maybey the matlab script although I can script quite well in this aswell. The problem faced is the limitation of the programming language - you cant even put in a while and for loops also its array size is extremely limited, no goto or timers. You dont really get enough data to make a 90% call you rely on big stoplosses preventing losses. whereas matlab you can store pretty much an unlimited array size draw some pretty lines along the min max calculate the angle of the maximums calculate the angle of the minimums check the frequency (if its going fast it is about to blow out) and predict with some degree of accuracy the potential value of when to cancel the trade before you even make it. (except for volitile trades and runs what you can have seperate functions for to handle them. You can have a 3 pip stoploss aswell so you dont blow 200 dollars everytime things go sideways especially on the heartbeat signal.

If I have to pay someone it would be a good investment as the potential is huge.

scottyb:
I had Polyfit running for a full day. I noticed it was going really well except for a few trades. I noticed it tried to go against negative pin bars and market corrections. Its a real shame aswell because it would make serious money if it didn't do this. Mind you last night the euro was up and down like a yoyo and blew a lot of my stop losses out (50 pips) kinda bet against them both ways on the up and down.

I am not sure about the idea of the martingale method last night it would have killed me and compounded my losses.

All in all it still made about 2% for the day what is pretty good however instead of using the martingale method it may be better to incorporate something like Price Action AHA into this a flag from this stops polyscalper for trading for a minute or two and throws a trade down with the way the trade is going and not try and fight it.

The red in the following pic seems to be how this bot operates is it possible to make it work like the blue arrows? Huge gains are made just doing this - one can manually do it but not to all currency pairs and not when you sleep.

All in all I really think this program has HUGE potential just needs a few minor tweaks - damn nice work.

BTW I was using 1.59 with 2.5 min sigma. the moderate settings from a user that posted before. I can see the logic why polyfit placed the trade but market corrections do happen and its much better to go with them.

Can i ask a question? does trailing stop follow the price up and try and take close to the highest price it can obtain? like follow the bell curve up and take it a little below the top or a zig zag that blows the limit out.

attached is a pic how polyfit seems to work (the red arrows) How can we get it working like the blue arrows are?

Scotty I'm not the programmer of Polyfit but have worked on a lot of similar systems its from my experience and sure you realize its next to impossible to know if the band break out is legit or not, or even if using trailing stop it follows the price up or down say if you code it to close the trade at opposite band breakout then open another in opposite direction, which would be great but the problem remains was it a legit breakout or not.

yes I see what your saying - whether it is legit or not doesn't really matter what matters is capitalizing on it and hopefully it will continue. The great thing about matlab is that you can have functions within functions do some calculus and work out the rate of change in an equation. I have posted a job on rent a coder. I will give you a look at my finished product - perhaps you may have some more ideas. All I planned to do was look at all the currency pairs look for a heartbeat signal and buy and sell at the minimums and mazimums - a true scalping bot. I also planned to write a madness function in when it was going crazy up and down and capitalize on them.

scottyb:
yes I see what your saying - whether it is legit or not doesn't really matter what matters is capitalizing on it and hopefully it will continue. The great thing about matlab is that you can have functions within functions do some calculus and work out the rate of change in an equation. I have posted a job on rent a coder. I will give you a look at my finished product - perhaps you may have some more ideas. All I planned to do was look at all the currency pairs look for a heartbeat signal and buy and sell at the minimums and mazimums - a true scalping bot. I also planned to write a madness function in when it was going crazy up and down and capitalize on them.

Sounds interesting, and agree was thinking after reading your post was a lot of opprtunities today for sure. If you get a chance check out here XLTrader's Chart-of-the-Day: XLCycles SSA smoothing with 95% Confidence Bands

trying to remember the sound not working on my puter now., but what i remember is something first of all he was using SSA as median line, but sure Polyfit would work just as well, if remembering right he gets rate of change from highest high, looking back x number of bars, to the median, then gets std. deviation from that and does the same for bottom band, then supposedly this covers 90% of price so when you get a breakout it is a supposedly 90% reliable, watched him do his in excel bands his look pretty good. To me this is the key to get the right k sigma setting for every currency pair.

ps)reading back looks like your all ready going in that direction anyway! and matlab probably be much better.

Matlab would be a fantastic base for a bot, It already has functions like linear prediction that could be used for normal conditions. I need to read your code in depth as it is a good basis. Not sure if you would be interested in rewriting your code for matlab But these things need to be taken one step at a time and the first thing that needs to be done is a wrapper for metatrader.

Things that could be improved in matlab from your code is

1- entry and exit points to maximize profit.

2- confirmation using the LPC command in matlab (linear prediction)

3- new routines written for divergences to run with them.

4- A chaos routine for the friday madness minutes.

This being done I think 30% a day, every day isn't unobtainable.

scottyb:
Matlab would be a fantastic base for a bot, It already has functions like linear prediction that could be used for normal conditions. I need to read your code in depth as it is a good basis. Not sure if you would be interested in rewriting your code for matlab But these things need to be taken one step at a time and the first thing that needs to be done is a wrapper for metatrader.

Things that could be improved in matlab from your code is

1- entry and exit points to maximize profit.

2- confirmation using the LPC command in matlab (linear prediction)

3- new routines written for divergences to run with them.

4- A chaos routine for the friday madness minutes.

This being done I think 30% a day, every day isn't unobtainable.

Scotty first of all not my code i am just one of the lucky ones getting to use it, secondly just starting to finally get somewhat of a grasp on mt4, rewriting it in matlab, unfortunately wouldn't even know where to start, but your ideas do sound very interesting.

What is the best pair and setting?

Has anyone estimated the best pair and worst pair ?

we should estimate the best pair and initial deposit size to use martingale

option safely.

if I trade with too small lots size. less profit. but safely trade with martingale.

if I trade very similar movement pair, both may loose with doubled or tripled lots.

Much study and many tests, we have to do to run this EA for constant winning with live account.

I just started using 1.59 from today.

If anybody any idea, please let me know.

PolyFitScalper_v1.59 EA: moderate settings.

It is the moderate settings for this new version of the EA (pre-set file is attached).

I am trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURCHF, GBPJPY and GBPCHF.

It is the statement:

============

- For PolyFitScalper EA all the versions, to download settings and so on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

- what is sigma/risk and which values to use (safe, medium and risky settings): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- the setting/input for settings for Alpari UK, LiteForex and MB Trading (and any other broker): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- new version with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page4

Hi kokoriso7,

I am using the following:

- 1.57 vension traded since November last year (with 3,000 initial deposit). EURCHF (EURGBP was not good pair for this 1.57 non-martingale version).

- 2 kind of the settings for new 1.59 martingale version (since 28 of March this year) - with 5,000 initial deposit.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURCHF, GBPJPY and GBPCHF.

Why GBPJPY and GBPCHF?

If this vension can use this very volatile pairs without big losses for the long time so it means that it is very safe EA.

Of course, for trading with real money - we will not trade those GBPJPY and GBPCHF.

2 kinds of the settings for 1.59:

- Moderate settings is on this post.

- Agressive settings is on this post.

EA with agressive settings did 193 dollars since 28 of March (min lot size was 0.01 and max lot size was 0.32); EA with moderate settings did 50 dollars since 28 of March (min lot size 0.01 and max lot size is 0.04).

50 dollars as a profit for few days with moderate settings with max lot size as 0.04 - it is good.

Of course, initial deposit may be smaller for moderate settings.

Settings, the statements and so on - look at my posts, or on some links on my posts.

============

- For PolyFitScalper EA all the versions, to download settings and so on: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179816

- what is sigma/risk and which values to use (safe, medium and risky settings): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- the setting/input for settings for Alpari UK, LiteForex and MB Trading (and any other broker): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781

- new version with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179781/page4

file not found

so i decided to give this one a try and upon placing 1.59 on all my charts i get a file not found error after each pair

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this

i did place the schedule in the experts/file folder

Reason: