PolyFitScalper - page 14

Now I get file not found errors on something else....

mrtools....please run your EA...then repost all of the files to load...all in one post ...please...it looks like you have a nice EA...but some of us actually forward test instead of backtest...

also get rid of those alerts...It came from that zerolag macd....(I woke up Wifey)

ES

ElectricSavant:
Now I get file not found errors on something else....

mrtools....please run your EA...then repost all of the files to load...all in one post ...please...it looks like you have a nice EA...but some of us actually forward test instead of backtest...

also get rid of those alerts...It came from that zerolag macd....(I woke up Wifey)

ES

Ea worked fine when i was able to FWD test like i said a couple posts above had 8 trades all except 1 closed in first progression, the other went to 2nd progression. First of all the zerolag Macd is not needed for the Ea, only files needed for Ea to work is NonLagBands, NonLagMA_v7.1.1 and Polyfit Bands_v2.3 which has all ready been posted, Second of all some browsers when you download or upload a file will slightly change the name of a file automatically, mine almost always changes for instance NonLagBands to NonLagBands[1] and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 to NonLagMA_v7.1.1[1] when i down load a file, and of course the Ea will not recognize this and give you errors when trying to compile, so please make sure NonLagBands and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 are named the same as all ready posted above, this is only reason i back test to make sure Ea is working properly and last time i back and fwd tested it worked fine with no errors just how it is posted. Last but not least there are true false switchs on NonLagWattahAttar you can turn off or on all the NonLagWattahAttar alerts , don't know about any alerts on ZeroLag Macd but will check it out and if there are alerts 9 times out of 10 there is a true or false switch!!

Has anybody been able to download this version and forward test it?

Es

mrtools:
Ea worked fine when i was able to FWD test like i said a couple posts above had 8 trades all except 1 closed in first progression, the other went to 2nd progression. First of all the zerolag Macd is not needed for the Ea, only files needed for Ea to work is NonLagBands, NonLagMA_v7.1.1 and Polyfit Bands_v2.3 which has all ready been posted, Second of all some browsers when you download or upload a file will slightly change the name of a file automatically, mine almost always changes for instance NonLagBands to NonLagBands[1] and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 to NonLagMA_v7.1.1[1] when i down load a file, and of course the Ea will not recognize this and give you errors when trying to compile, so please make sure NonLagBands and NonLagMA_v7.1.1 are named the same as all ready posted above, this is only reason i back test to make sure Ea is working properly and last time i back and fwd tested it worked fine with no errors just how it is posted. Last but not least there are true false switchs on NonLagWattahAttar you can turn off or on all the NonLagWattahAttar alerts , don't know about any alerts on ZeroLag Macd but will check it out and if there are alerts 9 times out of 10 there is a true or false switch!!

So what the hell is this?

mrtools:
Files:

mr tools...

and what is this? I downloaded all of the attachments in your post.

Files:

I think I got it to work after loading PolyFit Bands and the EUR/CHF txt file from the opening post...Thanks mrtools for this version of the EA...I will see if I get any trades...

Just because all of the necessary files are in one post...does not mean one is being spoonfed...

ES

ElectricSavant:
I think I got it to work after loading PolyFit Bands and the EUR/CHF txt file from the opening post...Thanks mrtools for this version of the EA...I will see if I get any trades...

Just because all of the necessary files are in one post...does not mean one is being spoonfed...

ES

Good to hear E.S. Hey man don't worry, wish i could have helped you more from here but having computer issues now, my wife got permission from her very cool boss to download a demo platform on her computer which will do until mine(computer) is fixed and hopefully will be more help! Were you able to get NonLagWattahAttar indicator to work? Any more problems please don't hesitate to ask!

ps1)posting the right ZeroLag_Macd for wattahAttar

Regards

tools

Files:

Schedule Question

I am using Mr. Tools version. I have schedule mode set to 0. The comments say Time Condition = NO. Does this mean the EA will not trade until it says OK? So far when this EA does trade I have had 12 trades hit TP and only one hit SL. I would like it to run all the time

It depends on which settings you are using.

If schedule mode = 1 so EA will trade according to the time written in text file (StartHour and so on).

If schedule mode = 0 so you should write this time in timing parameters.

I started to forward test MrTools' version too but with very different settings.

It is very risky to use schedule mode = 0 to trade all the time. If you want so - set stop loss value in EA. Or use hard coded stop loss - trade will be closed in loss if this trade will be out of the bounds of the polifit bands (this case: LossRatio = 0). LossRatio will multiply the polyfit bands range with value of LossRation adding it to band and if the price is out of that value then it will close.

In case of schedule mode = 0 - estimate StartHour and other parameters in EA by yourself, and set LossRation to 0 or to some other value.

But I am recommending schedule mode = 1.

mladen:
Here is version 1.59 which checks for hedging

2 additional parameters :
NoHedge-> the main "hedge /no hedge" switch. If set to false, it will not check any hedged positions StrictNoHedge-> the way how hedging is checked.
If set to true, it will check the entire account for the symbol the EA is attached to and if any "counter" order is opened it will prevent a new order to be opened in the opposite way.

If set to false, it will check the symbol the EA is attached to only within given magic number (so, it will prevent hedging only within EA not within account) If your broker does not allow hedging, you must set this parameter to true, but it is useful in cases when someone wants to test it and the effect of the no hedging rule to it's work

All the rest is the same and none of the rest of logic has been altered in this version.

Thanks a lot Mladen!