Adaptive lookback indicators - page 82

Schaff trend cycle using averages and vhf adaptive version : schaff_trend_cycle_vhf_adaptive_averages.ex4

Some average types are producing interesting results (Ahrens used in the example)

And (logical ) MACD of vhf adaptive averages : macd_vhf_adaptive_averages.ex4

mladen:

Can it be mtf with alerts?

sebastianK:
Can it be mtf with alerts?

Working on it

mladen:

Is this how it is supposed to work or not?

Files:
154810.jpg  61 kb

aitosin:

Is this how it is supposed to work or not?

It is how macd works for some settings and on the oldest bars - as you surely know ema does need some time to "stabilize". But then, that is an old story, would not like to bore you with such technicalities. Cheers

PS: my terminal, same indicator (from my post), same symbol, same time frame, same settings

Files:
image_199215.png  128 kb

mladen:

It is how macd works for some settings and on the oldest bars - as you surely know ema does need some time to "stabilize". But then, that is an old story, would not like to bore you with such technicalities. Cheers

PS: my terminal, same indicator (from my post), same symbol, same time frame, same settings

I would actually like to see more "old stories and boring technicalities." I think giving background would be educational and an interesting read. It would give more depth and understanding to your work. It is art and science.

mladen:

umm weird

If I have time, I will try another mt4

donut4popo:
I would actually like to see more "old stories and boring technicalities." I think giving background would be educational and an interesting read. It would give more depth and understanding to your work. It is art and science.

No problem : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average

aitosin:

umm weird

If I have time, I will try another mt4

Nagh, use your current mt4 - after all, the perfection is just around the corner. Cheers

Reason: