Adaptive lookback indicators - page 87

mladen:
More an experiment than anything else - vhf adaptive alma : alma_vhf_adaptive.mq4

Dearest MLADEN

many thanks for this experiment,alma looking good with vhf adaptive,may be a choice of HA prices make it equal to or better than "adaptive laguerre filter 3_2". ( green magenta is alma)

regards

Files:
eurusdm15.png  50 kb

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

many thanks for this experiment,alma looking good with vhf adaptive,may be a choice of HA prices make it equal to or better than "adaptive laguerre filter 3_2". ( green magenta is alma)

regards

mntiwana

I doubt that alma can be improved much more (frankly I am not a big fan of alma, and it's nature is not exactly suitable for adapting - even in this version I could not adapt the period but the sigma part, adapting the period produce jumpy result that is far from being usable). Here is a version with those prices, but don't expect too much : alma_vhf_adaptive_1_1.mq4

Files:

mladen:

mntiwana

I doubt that alma can be improved much more (frankly I am not a big fan of alma, and it's nature is not exactly suitable for adapting - even in this version I could not adapt the period but the sigma part, adapting the period produce jumpy result that is far from being usable). Here is a version with those prices, but don't expect too much : alma_vhf_adaptive_1_1.mq4

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for adding new prices,but as you said,i found no significant difference,just a minor not even count able. (your doubts and sureties almost never goes wrong) .:)

regards.

Hello, Mladen. Need indicator Adaptive parabolic. Can do?

Garry119:
Hello, Mladen. Need indicator Adaptive parabolic. Can do?

Do you mean to make the step adaptive or the maximum part of the parabolic should be adaptive?

mladen:
Do you mean to make the step adaptive or the maximum part of the parabolic should be adaptive?

I think the easiest way is from parabolic to MA to make a parabolic on the Adaptive MA Kaufman. If there are more interesting options, I will be very grateful

Garry119:
I think the easiest way is from parabolic to MA to make a parabolic on the Adaptive MA Kaufman. If there are more interesting options, I will be very grateful

OK. But then it will be a parabolic of adaptive average (it will not be the same as the original SAR)

mladen:
OK. But then it will be a parabolic of adaptive average (it will not be the same as the original SAR)

Asked the most simple) interested in other options, it may be a very good indicator

Garry119:
Asked the most simple) interested in other options, it may be a very good indicator

Garry119

The thing is simple : adapting can be done when some of the calculating parameters allows to make it adaptive. Parabolic SAR itself does not use any kind of average in calculation (it actually has nothing to do with average) and that is why making it adaptive is anything but "logical". You can see a correct parabolic SAR here (for example) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358/page5 and you can see in the code what is used for parabolic SAR and how is it calculated. Also, you can see some parabolic SAR indicators already made adaptive here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358/page14 but, quite frankly I do not find any advantage of those adaptive parabolic SAR version. Test them, maybe that is what you are looking for

mladen:

Garry119

The thing is simple : adapting can be done when some of the calculating parameters allows to make it adaptive. Parabolic SAR itself does not use any kind of average in calculation (it actually has nothing to do with average) and that is why making it adaptive is anything but "logical". You can see a correct parabolic SAR here (for example) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358/page5 and you can see in the code what is used for parabolic SAR and how is it calculated. Also, you can see some parabolic SAR indicators already made adaptive here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177358/page14 but, quite frankly I do not find any advantage of those adaptive parabolic SAR version. Test them, maybe that is what you are looking for

Thank you. You can just replace the MA in Parabolic SAR of ma mtf at Kaufman Adaptive MA?

Reason: