Adaptive lookback indicators - page 63

VHF adaptive RSI of average smoothed/filtered price (called rsioma sometimes, but this one is adaptive rsi of ma, and is using fractional periods for rsi calculations) : adaptive_rsi_of_ma.mq4

Compared to non-filtered version and it is much better than the "simple" adaptive rsi. Some parameters experimenting recommended, but all in all not a bad toy

Files:

mladen:
VHF adaptive RSI of average smoothed/filtered price (called rsioma sometimes, but this one is adaptive rsi of ma, and is using fractional periods for rsi calculations) : adaptive_rsi_of_ma.mq4

Compared to non-filtered version and it is much better than the "simple" adaptive rsi. Some parameters experimenting recommended, but all in all not a bad toy

Nice. Thanks. Can RSX be made like this too (so it would be smoother)?

nbtrading:
Nice. Thanks. Can RSX be made like this too (so it would be smoother)?

Here is the vhf adaptive version of rsx too : adaptive_rsx_of_ma.mq4

PS: it really is smoother

Files:

mladen:

PS: it really is smoother

In fact, Yes. it is obviously more smooth.

Is to possible for ma to be step ma

More smoothness doesnt mean more profit.There are some certain type of indicators like ocean indicators, in elite and advance elite.Same things being asked to moderators over and over.

talaate:

In fact, Yes. it is obviously more smooth.

Is to possible for ma to be step ma

It is possible but I am not sure that the indicator would benefit from it (step ma has long periods of flat value, in which case rsi would be meaningless since the momentum of the step ma is 0 in that moment)

mladen:
It is possible but I am not sure that the indicator would benefit from it (step ma has long periods of flat value, in which case rsi would be meaningless since the momentum of the step ma is 0 in that moment)

Ok, Mladen, I understand,

Another question, in the calculations, Are both Ma and Rsi and/or rsx made as adaptive?

Ps:

Also, is there any way to add filter setting parameter?

talaate:

Ok, Mladen, I understand,

Another question, in the calculations, Are both Ma and Rsi and/or rsx made as adaptive?

Ps:

Also, is there any way to add filter setting parameter?

Talaat E

The RSI is made adaptive. Average is not made adaptive in this case

mladen:

Talaat E

The RSI is made adaptive. Average is not made adaptive in this case

Mladen

Do you think the response of the indicator will be improved if both of them are made adaptive or this is impossible to be made?

talaate:

Mladen

Do you think the response of the indicator will be improved if both of them are made adaptive or this is impossible to be made?

It is more responsive (to the extent that I used much longer "basic" period in this one, and it is still faster) : adaptive_rsi_of_adaptive_ema.mq4

Upper is this one, lower is the one using fixed length EMA using same period. Probably some other average (like adaptive T3) would be better since then we would get much smoother results, but I sued EMA now just for the sake of checking what will happen

Reason: