Adaptive lookback indicators - page 34

Adaptive rsx ...

This one is not using any of the adaptive methods that we usually use. It is using standard deviation and and an average of a standard deviation to calculate the coefficient that is then applied to the desired length of calculation. That way the length of calculation is constantly altered depending on the standard deviation and is also used as a "frame" for calculating period.

Here is a comparison of a "regular" 25 period rsx (lower) with an standard deviation adaptive 25 period rsx (upper) - as it is seen they are sometimes very different in values and I think that the adaptive is a bit more responsive to market conditions than the "regular" one:

Files:

Hello Mladen,

Would you please be so kind and add divergencies to this last RSX indicator?

Thank you!

Daniel

Hello Mladen,

Would it actually be possible to base the RSX adaptive on the attached RSX 2, and then also include divergenices?

Thank you very much!

Daniel

Adaptive lookback TMA ...

This one is a "pure" adaptive look-back indicator : was doing some experimenting and tested what happens with the triangular moving average when it gets adaptive (not a logical step since TMA calculation is based on bars not like EMA for example, but the result is surprisingly good considering and decided to post it) It is fast (even with default "speed" set to 1) and is smooth and that is what I like in it - the fact that it still keeps the smoothness

The "TMA" is a triangular moving average (the "real" triangular moving average not the centered one) so there is no repainting in it. Possible usage could be something like this : red is with speed a blue is with speed 1.2

Files:

"Lwma" slope + ...

Hi Mladen,

Could you please add the following features to your Lwma slope:

- Phase accumulation

- ForSymbol

- Inverse option

- UniqueID

- Option to turn on/off the EMA signal line

- Short name for indicator.

As always, thank you for your time and expertise. They are very much appreciated.

-spotforex

lwma_slope_amp_alerts.mq4

spotforex

Here you go UniqueID is not added (it is necessary only when objects need to be created for some indicator). All the rest is done. If you set the EmaPeriod to less than or equal to 0, you will turn the EMA signal lines off (so it is done implicitly, not as an explicit option)

PS: I think I told this already but that is not actually LWMA slope (see the code and you will find a "calcWhatever" function) When the indicator was made this way I just kept it the same in values as the one that was posted, but be aware that it is a LWMA look-a-like slope not slope of a real LWMA

spotforex:
Hi Mladen,

Could you please add the following features to your Lwma slope:

- Phase accumulation

- ForSymbol

- Inverse option

- UniqueID

- Option to turn on/off the EMA signal line

- Short name for indicator.

As always, thank you for your time and expertise. They are very much appreciated.

-spotforex

lwma_slope_amp_alerts.mq4
Files:

One more option...

Thanks Mladen!!!

I apologize for not including this feature in my previous request, but could you add the symbol suffix input option too. I tried loading the indicator but Metatrader stops responding. I plan on using the indicator with metals which has a _# suffix.

I tried doing it myself but to no avail.

Thanks again and have a restful weekend.

-spotforex

spotforex

All you have to do in that case is to enter the symbol name with including the suffix into the "ForSymbol" field (for example "_#WHATEVER" and it will work, metatrader will stop responding when the symbol name is not correct - as long as you enter exact name, it will work)

spotforex:
Thanks Mladen!!!

I apologize for not including this feature in my previous request, but could you add the symbol suffix input option too. I tried loading the indicator but Metatrader stops responding. I plan on using the indicator with metals which has a _# suffix.

I tried doing it myself but to no avail.

Thanks again and have a restful weekend.

-spotforex

schaff pa?

Hi mladen & mrtools,

Is it possible to make this schaff indicator adaptive?

schaff.mq4

Thanks,

sperazza

Files:
schaff.mq4  4 kb

This is mesa adaptive moving average macd with signal line, its mtf with alerts on slope change and zero line cross.

Files:
mama_macd.mq4  14 kb
mama_macd.gif  49 kb
Reason: