Adaptive lookback indicators - page 31

Mladen Rakic
169001
Mladen Rakic  

T3 DeMarker phase accumulation adaptive ...

Experimenting This a T3 DeMarker but it is phase accumulation adaptive version. T3 is very suitable for this kind of "games" since it does not require an integer length for calculation, so, in the case of phase accumulation we do not need to round it up or down (and cripple it that way). At a first glance looks like useful addition, but please do test it for yourselves ...

Two examples : 1 and 2 cycles

William Snyder
9494
William Snyder  

This is pa adaptive wpr on qqe, indicator is multi timeframe with alerts and arrows on slope change or zero cross, also added the divergence. The wpr is being smoothed by same smoothing as original Qqe, instead of my usual favorite.

ps) version compatible with new mt4 builds posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723

Mladen Rakic
169001
Mladen Rakic  

PA adaptive Bollinger bands ...

This is a phase adaptive Bollinger bands with a possibility to draw up to 3 Bollinger bands. Thought that phase adapting would be convenient for this since it looks for cycles and it is similar in basic idea to what Bollinger bands are looking for too

Boris
678
Boris  

Problem with TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf indi

newdigital:
Just testing something (may be good for scalping).

===============

- TTM Divergence trading system is on this post.

- TTM Divergence trading system first statement is on this post.

Hi mrtools, hi mladen,

I tried to set up the alb TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf.mq4 indi (included in the zip package of the referred threat) on an M1 EURUSD chart. Then Metatrader stopped to work with the log entry "cannot resize the array". I used a chart with max no. of bars. It seems that it works with limited bar charts. Do the cfb indis have a problem with extended bar charts ? This would at least be a problem in backtesting combined EAs. Can this be fixed ?

Mladen Rakic
169001
Mladen Rakic  

...

I tried it and it works OK on my platform but that does not mean too much ... I have the number of bars limited to 5000

First of all, it internally uses 158 calculating buffers which might cause that problem you are having (plus it uses 7 regular buffers). Also, which build of metatrader are you using?

Boxter:
Hi mrtools, hi mladen, I tried to set up the alb TriangularMA_ jcfb price zone mtf.mq4 indi (included in the zip package of the referred threat) on an M1 EURUSD chart. Then Metatrader stopped to work with the log entry "cannot resize the array". I used a chart with max no. of bars. It seems that it works with limited bar charts. Do the cfb indis have a problem with extended bar charts ? This would at least be a problem in backtesting combined EAs. Can this be fixed ?
Boris
678
Boris  

...

Hi mladen,

I am using the latest version of metatrader but I have set up 250,000 bars. Could that create a buffer problem ?

Mladen Rakic
169001
Mladen Rakic  

...

158 * 250.000 = 39.500.000 * size of double (probably 8 bytes) == yes

I don't think they expected so much arrays in metatrader (after all they tried to prevent it by limiting buffers to only 8)

Boxter:
Hi mladen, I am using the latest version of metatrader but I have set up 250,000 bars. Could that create a buffer problem ?
peekaboo
32
peekaboo  
SIMBA:
Mladen,MrTools

As you can see by the pic,MTFing the indicator allows for faster visual evaluation of specific cases where we may have even higher probabilities of finding strong support or resistance.

Please check the pic...Lower M15 band is =/very near M30 CenterLine,with same settings(40 deviations,1 swingcount)...and that is where we found the rebound.

Mladen,since this indicator is "statistically based and biased",a confluence of timeframes MAY have a similar effect as the confluence of simple rules within a complex rule that we were privately discussing yesterday,it may not add "squared" probability(actually squared probability of rebound not happening) like... If 1 signal is 60% probability of rebound(so,40% failure probability)Then 2 signals have 16% failure probability(0.4*0.4) hence the rebound is 84% probable...But It adds to the base probability,so we know that we have more than x%(60% in the example) and less than y%(84% in the example) of the rebound happening...Of course,once we have enough samples of the double event happening,we may conclude that the squared probability of error is indeed the rule....Till then,it suffices to say that a double event improves the success stats.

Enjoy the weekend both of you...and everybody else...we deserve it

Regards

S

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible for somebody to attach a template for the above post (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723/page18). The reason that I am asking is that I have tried to replicate the above but so far with little success and much ripping of hair out .

Thanks

Peekaboo

William Snyder
9494
William Snyder  
peekaboo:
Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible for somebody to attach a template for the above post (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723/page18). The reason that I am asking is that I have tried to replicate the above but so far with little success and much ripping of hair out .

Thanks

Peekaboo

Hi Peekaboo,

This template got the settings Simba mentioned in above quote but not sure about the colors, might be interesting to note how the EurUsd turned at the higher timeframe gray center line last week going a little past it then came barreling down after that, and the turn yesterday at the same gray center

ps) Peekaboo posting the version i used in the template so no confusion,

peekaboo
32
peekaboo  
mrtools:
Hi Peekaboo,

This template got the settings Simba mentioned in above quote but not sure about the colors, might be interesting to note how the EurUsd turned at the higher timeframe gray center line last week going a little past it then came barreling down after that, and the turn yesterday at the same gray center

ps) Peekaboo posting the version i used in the template so no confusion,

Thanks for the template MrTools, much appreciated.

Peekaboo