Adaptive lookback indicators - page 27

gorick,

Was looking for a valid link (I would not like to upload the book here) of Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to J. M. Hurstby Brian Millard. Still did not find a working link, but if you have a chance to download it from somewhere do it since that book is probably the best book on how and for what to use ceneterd moving averages (and centered triangular moving average especially)

PS - try this link : http://www.mediafire.com/?99176qxef9jluhg

regards

Mladen

gorick:
Mladen,

no need to apologise for a behaviour or explanation, it is appreciated. The next question then is what would be the use of such an indicator then? It doesn't repaint a little but a lot?

If you base an action on a position and then it changes, it isn't really any good? I am curious on how people use it then?

regards

gorick

mrtools:
Someone asked for this not sure where but it belongs here anyway, its the pa adaptive mtf wpr you can either use histogram or not(as in chart below), alerts and arrows are either on the slope or zero cross.

MrTools,

I have used the pa adaptive mtf wpr but on the smallest timeframe M1 it shows up for some instruments and it does not for others. Is it because it is calculated for live prices only but if so then why it does not show for EUR/USD?

Janusz

T tried it now on my account too and this is what I get on a 1 minute EURUSD (I hope that I got right what indicator is in question)

It works for other symbols too on my PC. Can you check in your experts tab if something is written out there (zero divide error or anything similar that could prevent that indicator from being shown)

Mladen

Janusz123:
MrTools, I have used the pa adaptive mtf wpr but on the smallest timeframe M1 it shows up for some instruments and it does not for others. Is it because it is calculated for live prices only but if so then why it does not show for EUR/USD?
Files:
eurusd.gif  25 kb

MrTools Post #94

MrTools in post # 94 you're weird parallel lines on the chart. What is this indicator? Can you post it? Thank you. Nod

nodp53:
MrTools in post # 94 you're weird parallel lines on the chart. What is this indicator? Can you post it? Thank you. Nod

Hi Nod,

The indicator is support and resistance think they based on planetary aspects, anyway there is a link here to download them from the developer one is market tides and at the bottom of the download page is another freebie think he calls it market cycles.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/12546-market-tides-smart-software-for-smart-traders

mladen:
Janusz

T tried it now on my account too and this is what I get on a 1 minute EURUSD (I hope that I got right what indicator is in question)

It works for other symbols too on my PC. Can you check in your experts tab if something is written out there (zero divide error or anything similar that could prevent that indicator from being shown)

Mladen

Mladen,

In the expert tab there is something like stderror in the 'include' forder. Can it be the reason why this indicator does not always show up? Should I delete this folder?

Janusz123:
Mladen, In the expert tab there is something like stderror in the 'include' forder. Can it be the reason why this indicator does not always show up? Should I delete this folder?

Janusz, no don't delete that folder, would first make sure the Pa Wpr is in indicators folder, its not calling any dll files, include files, or indicators so shouldn't be a problem. What Mladen said is when you have a chart open, on top of charts is view tab, open that up , click on Teminal, when that opens, the Terminal will usually have 6 tabs on bottom, Trade,account history,alerts,mailbox,experts,and journal click on the experts tab, usually if there's a problem it will leave a message there. I just tried it on tick charts and it is working there too.

mrtools:
Janusz, no don't delete that folder, would first make sure the Pa Wpr is in indicators folder, its not calling any dll files, include files, or indicators so shouldn't be a problem. What Mladen said is when you have a chart open, on top of charts is view tab, open that up , click on Teminal, when that opens, the Terminal will usually have 6 tabs on bottom, Trade,account history,alerts,mailbox,experts,and journal click on the experts tab, usually if there's a problem it will leave a message there. I just tried it on tick charts and it is working there too.

Yes, I can see it now. There is a zero divide message in the experts tab for those timeframes where the indicator does not show, i.e. M1. What can I do about it?

"Slope bands alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c"

Mladen or Mrtools,

could someone among you, make this indicates:

Slope bands upper & slope bands lower

(linear regression [Period 7] of upper bands (alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c") & linear regression [Period 7] of lower bands(alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c") ), with levels in 45 *, -45 * & 0), in the same windows.

thanks

mladen:
Janusz

Try out this one (I am just guessing since I could not cause an error on my pc, but maybe this one will work on your pc as it should - one possible zero divide point removed in this one)

pa_wprsmoothma_w_histo_mtfalerts.mq4

I have been using this Pa Wpr version in the last week and it's been working fine on every timeframe. Thanks for your help.

Reason: