Adaptive lookback indicators - page 125

madan:
Mladen - I need the .MQ4 version for this indi (MA RSI ADAPTIVE on chart 2.3) which is an .ex4 file. Can u post please ?
It works as is, no need for the mq4 file (the ex4 file has no restrictions at all, so what difference would it make)?

@mr.mladen,

Sir this indicator not visible in chart navigator list. Any idea ?
Regards........

tema rsi adaptive - floating levels.ex4

Rockweli:

@mr.mladen,

Sir this indicator not visible in chart navigator list. Any idea ?
Regards........

tema rsi adaptive - floating levels.ex4

Nothing wrong with the indicator. Delete some of the stuff in your indicators folder since you probably have more items than the metatrader terminal can handle and it will become visible

mladen:
Nothing wrong with the indicator. Delete some of the stuff in your indicators folder since you probably have more items than the metatrader terminal can handle and it will become visible
I deleted some items in folder,but not solved. Maybe my fxcm chart problem. Any way thanks mr.mladen.................

Rockweli:
I deleted some items in folder,but not solved. Maybe my fxcm chart problem. Any way thanks mr.mladen.................
Tested it, and all is OK with that exact ex4 file. So, the problem can only be on your terminal side

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

So much thanks for this pretty filtered ver with fractional dimension,it is performing so well,better than oma but in long term.in short term oma is still winner.

regards

Mr mntiwana can you please tell me what settings are you using on this post? I'm trying for hours to replicate something near this but i only did it using mtf values.^
Regards!

Hi,

Anyone who can help me with this indi? Can we make it MTF?

Thanks!

mntiwana:

Why sorry ?

That is a newest style of bb stop   ...... "DZ BB Stops lines" and "Dynamic zone averages bb stops line + alerts" by MRTOOLS ....but it needs more experimenting for to bring at maximum compromising situation,not a final setup.

all 2 versions attached.

regards

Hello sir , 

This is not working for me ,is it still working ?

Adaptive lookback indicators

Of adaptive lookback

The Adaptive Lookback (period finder) is truly a market-driven indicator used to determine the variable lookback period for many different indicators, instead of a traditional, fixed figure.

It is based on the frequency of market swings - the time between swing highs or swing lows. A swing high is defined as two consecutive higher highs followed by two consecutive lower highs; a swing low is defined by two consecutive lower lows followed by two consecutive higher lows. As swing points typically accompany reversals, they occur more frequently in choppier and volatile markets than in trends.

Adaptive lookback period is determined as :

1. Determine the initial number of swing points (swingCount parameter) to use in the calculation.
  2. Count the number of price bars it takes for thenswing points to form.
  3. Divide step 2 by step 1 and round the result.

Interpretation

This makes the variable lookback period grow in calm or trending markets, and shorten in range-bound and volatile markets. For a trend-following system you would like the opposite to prevent being whipsawed, therefore this indicator and it's usage as a period modifier is more suitable for short-term traders and counter-trend systems (so, in all systems where maximal speed of reaction and signaling is required).

Experiment with applying the adaptive lookback period to different indicators and you'll see how more responsive they become in volatile markets. Some of the experiments are going to be posted on this thread with immediate comparison to "non-adaptive" counterparts

Forum threads

• Key thread with indicators (for MT4 and MT5):
    - lb - swing points indicator for MT4 -the post: the basic indicator (simply showing swing points). You will notice that it draws the "peak" with 2 bars displacement. That is done in   order to avoid any any kind of repainting (no lag is added to swing points finding thought);
    - alb - periods indicator for MT4 -the post: he "next step" : periods already calculated;
    - alb - RSI indicator for MT4 -the post: RSI made adaptive with a help of alb period finder;
    - alb - swing points indicator for MT5 -the post;
    - alb - periods indicator for MT5 -the post;
    - alb - RSI indicator for MT5 - the post;
    - alb - stochastic and alb_speed - stochastic indicators for MT5 -the post;
    - alb - stochastic for MT4 -the post;
    - Adaptive lookback moving average indicator for MT4 -the post;
    - Adaptive lookback moving average indicator for MT5 -the post;
    - speed version of alb indicators for MT5 -the post;
    - alb - TriangularMA price zone for MT4 -the post;
    - and much more indicators such as alb TriangularMA price zone mtf & alerts_v2c, alb - cci ds jurik, alb - wpr ds jurik, alb Phase Change Index on jurik indicator, Adaptive lookback TMA, zig zag swing, adaptive Gann High-Low activator jma Heiken Ashi arrows using Hilbert Transform, adaptive Gann High-Low activator jma Heiken Ashi arrows-1 indicator, Gann high low activator - Jurik smoothed- mtf indicator for Metatrader 5, Gann high low activator - Jurik smoothed channel - mtf indicator for Metatrader 5, adaptive Smoothed RSI, alb NonLagMA, NonLag ma indicator for Metatrader 5, NonLag ma - mtf & alerts indicator for MT5, Adaptive Macd color mtf-alerts-arrows indicator, and so on -the thread

The articles

CodeBase

============

Hi mladen, you have made really nice custom indicators and we guys and girls own you a lot for this hard work and time what you put inside.
Can you please add QWMA adaptive  custom time frames option 
like "averages - mtf - alerts  8.5" indicator have , something like (custom time frame to use (if custom time frame used))

• www.mql5.com
Of adaptive lookbackThe Adaptive Lookback (period finder) is truly a market-driven indicator used to determine the variable lookback period for man...
Reason: