Adaptive lookback indicators - page 65

andreatrade:

Dear mladen, any good news for the above indicators ?

Thanks in advance, Andrea

andreatrade

Sorry, but it is not suitable for a meaningful (ie : that would result in any kind of improvement) adapting, mainly due to the way how standard deviation is calculated

Added a t3 double smoothing option to the adaptive rsi of adaptive t3.

adaptive_rsi_of_adaptive_t3_2.ex4

mrtools:
Added a t3 double smoothing option to the adaptive rsi of adaptive t3.

adaptive_rsi_of_adaptive_t3_2.ex4

Dearest MRTOOLs,

thank you for ds,now more clean and easy.

regards

ADXm adaptive, but VHF (vertical horizontal filter) adaptive this time : adxm_vhf_adaptive.mq4

Will use this post for some additional clarification about VHF as adapting method. It is good (no doubt) but only, and only in case when the prices, not some other indicator values, can be used for adapting. The nature of VHF does not work well when instead of using price itself some other value is used for adapting, so the VHF adapting should be limited, in my opinion, only to indicators that can use price as natural source for adapting and calculation

This indicator falls in a category in which price is the source of data, so VHF adapting is suitable for it

Files:

mladen:
ADXm adaptive, but VHF (vertical horizontal filter) adaptive this time : adxm_vhf_adaptive.mq4

Will use this post for some additional clarification about VHF as adapting method. It is good (no doubt) but only, and only in case when the prices, not some other indicator values, can be used for adapting. The nature of VHF does not work well when instead of using price itself some other value is used for adapting, so the VHF adapting should be limited, in my opinion, only to indicators that can use price as natural source for adapting and calculation

This indicator falls in a category in which price is the source of data, so VHF adapting is suitable for it

Dearest MLADEN,

so many thanks for adding VHF adapting factor in ADXm,what i guess there is only one adaptive ver of ADXm (stdde) before and it would be interesting compare with,and as you told and explained it best fit by its nature with the indicators using prices as main or base source,so VHF is best for those indicators using high low prices........ can it be add to last ADXm Averages 2_6 some day.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

so many thanks for adding VHF adapting factor in ADXm,what i guess there is only one adaptive ver of ADXm (stdde) before and it would be interesting compare with,and as you told and explained it best fit by its nature with the indicators using prices as main or base source,so VHF is best for those indicators using high low prices........ can it be add to last ADXm Averages 2_6 some day.

regards

mntiwana

This one is a work in progress too (right now trying to find out some substantial change in calculation). As new version will be made they are going to be posted too

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179723/page2

Dear mR. Tools may i ask what settings u are using to get such a precise crossing of the alb channels

Here is a version in which not just ADXm is adaptive but the floating zero level is adaptive too : adxm_vhf_adaptive_floating_zero.mq4

So, this is a kind of an extreme adaptive indicator. Adapting the zero level makes the level a kind of a an indicator too

mladen:
Here is a version in which not just ADXm is adaptive but the floating zero level is adaptive too : adxm_vhf_adaptive_floating_zero.mq4

So, this is a kind of an extreme adaptive indicator. Adapting the zero level makes the level a kind of a an indicator too

Dearest MLADEN,

plz excuse me,if i am missing some thing. ,can you review all 2 versions of ADXm,i felt may be name changed opposite or any of feature is missing in code or property in any of them.

regards

Files:
eurusdm1_7.png  43 kb

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN,

plz excuse me,if i am missing some thing. ,can you review all 2 versions of ADXm,i felt may be name changed opposite or any of feature is missing in code or property in any of them.

regards

mntiwana

All is OK with the code

In the last version DI value is not displayed (I find that DI usage in that indicator was misleading anyway). Instead what is displayed is the floating zero line as a criteria for "trend" change (when adxm crosses floating zero line the "trend" changes) and that floating zero line calculation period is adaptive too (but it uses the main adxm period for adapting - as a compromise that will disable some "phase missing" for the 2 values)

Reason: