Adaptive lookback indicators - page 43

One more cleaned up (spring time - time to make the code shorter and more efficient ) and made mre compatible with new mt4 - phase accumulation adaptive composite RSI (the whole pack : multi time frame + arrows + alerts ) : pa_adaptive_composite_rsi_mtf_arrows__alerts_2.mq4

is it possible for this ocean average to be made adaptable?

Scrat:

Scrat

What is not widely known is that ocean nma(s) are already adaptive (they are using one kind of momentum adapting

Scrat:

While we are at it : here is an upgraded version too (better suited for normal usage, and the code is shorter too) ocn_nma_smooth_mtf_2.mq4

PS: the example is with default settings. For those not familiar with ocean nma, that a a calculating period 40. Try some regular moving average with period 40 and you shall see the enormous difference

Files:

Version of smoothed ocean nma (natural moving average) that allows usage of super smoother for smoothing too : ocn_nma_smooth_mtf_2.01.mq4

thank you mladen! all versions work well and yes they are adaptive. a hidden gem, i would say.

i have another idea related to a totally different indicator (it's alb force index), i'll try to explain it in my next post. i'd be very interested to hear your opinion whether it's doable or not.

brb soon...

mladen:
Version of smoothed ocean nma (natural moving average) that allows usage of super smoother for smoothing too : ocn_nma_smooth_mtf_2.01.mq4

ok so here it is - plain chart with alb force_index applied. the value of the indicator corresponding to last bar's current price is -19.0617.

my question is this: considering this value of -19.0617, what would be the price value corresponding to 0 on the indicator (or what's the price that would bring force index from its current value to 0)? and can this projected price value be plotted somehow on the active price window? arrow/symbol/line etc...

in other words, i guess it's like force index showed as some sort of "moving average" or "pivotal line" on chart. hope this does make sense to you

Files:

Scrat:
ok so here it is - plain chart with alb force_index applied. the value of the indicator corresponding to last bar's current price is -19.0617.

my question is this: considering this value of -19.0617, what would be the price value corresponding to 0 on the indicator (or what's the price that would bring force index from its current value to 0)? and can this projected price value be plotted somehow on the active price window? arrow/symbol/line etc...

in other words, i guess it's like force index showed as some sort of "moving average" or "pivotal line" on chart. hope this does make sense to you

Scrat

It can not be calculated

For 2 reasons :

1. The swing count can be changed during the price change and (that it is adaptive depending on price changes) that makes impossible to predict what period would it use in that case

2. It depends on volume too. It is completely impossible what will be the volume for the bar once when it closes

got it.

what about for previous bar, that already closed - i assume both reasons mentioned above do not apply because for a closed candle there is no more price change, and volume already settled in.

mladen:
Scrat

It can not be calculated

For 2 reasons :

1. The swing count can be changed during the price change and (that it is adaptive depending on price changes) that makes impossible to predict what period would it use in that case

2. It depends on volume too. It is completely impossible what will be the volume for the bar once when it closes

Scrat:
got it. what about for previous bar, that already closed - i assume both reasons mentioned above do not apply because for a closed candle there is no more price change, and volume already settled in.

Yes, but since it was using adaptive average for previous bar (and previous bar, and previous bar, ...) then in that case the "inheritance" prevents from knowing those things for past bars

Reason: