TickScalper EA - page 5

When enabling the CloseTimeMode to 1 and setting the CloseHour and FriCloseHour to the same EndHour and FriEndHour from above (going with my brokers time zone of GMT + 2 which is StartHour = 9 and EndHour = 19, MonStartHour = 9, FriEndHour = 19), there were no draw downs at all after the trading session. I'm using MM = 1 at 20% or 0.20 and MaxOrders = 1 for trading one at a time (to reduce risk). I had one trade close out in the negative, but it was a risk I was willing to take compared to an endless draw down. I wouldn't recommend using CloseTimeMode if you're using MaxTrades = 10 or higher for fear of closing multiple trades in the red especially if you're using MM.

hello all, new to tsd elites (vet of forex nirvana if that means anything). so i just signed up and downloaded the overall winners for all the pairs and so forth but this EA is probably by far the most interesting so ill be testing on the eur/usd, and also just to grasp better concept im going to put it on aud/nzd ( i dont expect it will do well on this pair but if it does great and if not i think ill have a fairer understanding of it) great work putting this together!

More trades today.

...Would like to see more runners like the first two, but overall not bad. (Changed SL to 20, but I believe the first four trades would not have been stopped out even with the new 20 stop, so current pipcount is accurate despite the change.)

Even so the ageold problem may still exist, that being that a few losses will wipe out all the winners and thus no overall progress.

Good trading all!

Files:

Here's something everyone shouldn't do with this EA if you're using the template 2: don't use the money management: it's doesn't seem to work right. That's why I've implemented my own MM system that doesn't seem to effect the behavior of the EA in the template 2. As long as your brokers time zones are set and you are using the defaults, you should be just fine.

Interesting

Hi everyone, could someone please upload the .set file he's currently using for this EA.

Thx a million.

By the way great job on this ea IGORAD. Thx for your time and effort.

So far from the looks of it, 20 pip stop may not be the best idea.

Anyone else have recent results with the 100 pip stop?

(I'm using template 3 - 5K deposit size for now - with 20 pip stop.)

Files:

I'm going to take a much more bold approach to my forward testing...

newtrader100:
So far from the looks of it, 20 pip stop may not be the best idea.

Anyone else have recent results with the 100 pip stop?

(I'm using template 3 - 5K deposit size for now - with 20 pip stop.)

No, but the draw down is slightly higher, and I'm not using MM. I've put MaxOrders to 15 this time to see if I can catch more scalps than normal, and I have caught a few extra trades here and there. I'll let you all know this week. Plus, I'm changing the trading session to 24 hrs, well, 23 hrs and 58 minutes )startHour=0,Startminue=1,Endhour=23,endminute=59; same for MonStartHour=0,MonStartMin=1,and FirEndHour=23,FirEndMin=23, or whatever it is) because I've seen so many potential scalp trades in the other trading session time frames, I'm willing to risk going there and exploring the possibilities, so I'll let you know if it's a good idea or not. I'm keeping the stop loss at 100 because I've seen this thing long enough to know that a trade usually bounces back either from a support or resistance, even if it breaks it one way or the other. Good luck yall!

-Dave

Tickscalper opens no trades, though smily is ok

Sorry, now it works

Do you have 2 indicators (1st post of this thread) in indicators folder compiled?

If yes so check Metatrader settings for autotrading.

It should be as the following:

Metatrader - Tools - Options:

- enable EA - yes

- disable experts when ... - no

- disable experts when ... - no

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Besides, this EA is not trading often.

Do you have 2 indicators (1st post of this thread) in indicators folder compiled?

If yes so check Metatrader settings for autotrading.

It should be as the ....

Thank you very much for the fast help

When does it open a trade? Is it when MA 55 crosses MA 120?

Reason: