TickScalper EA - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Find out how to add a video in the messages editor
lokva
lokva 2009.10.31 09:17  
newdigital:
Why not open?

Open. I backtested it right now.

Only backtesting can not be valid as it is tick scalper.

So, if you want to backtest to check the performance, or to find good settings - it is useless and in this case I agree with Igorad.

I only said about MM: frederic wants to use template 2 with MM, In this case I suggested to him to backtest it for 1 day (or for few trades) just to select MM (lot size) for his deposit size. Just to see lot size only.

How does then can calibrate it without losing funds optimally? Carry one set file For EUR\USD M1

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2009.10.31 09:43  
Dave1974:
Hi New Digital-

I was wondering if you could make .set files for the above templates for each currency pairs or recommended settings/currency pairs to use? You've done such a fabulous job so far and this one is really promising (especially the second template!). I'm using meta trader 4 in Linux (Ubuntu 8.14) and I can't change the EA (same thing with the indicators) settings without going into the meta editor each time and recompiling the EA (or indicator)- it sucks! But I love my OS and going back to Windows isn't an option for me at the moment.

Thank you

Hi Dave1974,

I edited my posts concerning template 1, 2 and 3. For now - you can see EAs with default settings for any template (inside zip files).

For your Linux (and for Windoiws as well):

- select template/settings you want to use;

- download zip files from the posts.

- Unzip it using Winrar for example: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

- use instruction inside readme.txt file for installation.

All you need to do in case of many pairs trading - use different magic number for other pair.

In case of Linux - it will be much more easy for you to use template with EA default settings then to change the settings.

To lokva27,

How to select good settings?

Use my settings (template 1, 2 or 3 with EA with default settings inside zip file), or select your settings. But forward testing only.

No any backtesting can help in case of tick scalper sorry.

I forward tested for 3 weeks with 2 brokers to find the settings for template 1, 2 and 3. For EURUSD and GBPUSD.

GBPUSD was not good and I decided to forward test EURJPY, EURGBP and USDCAD. Just to select the good pair.

Forward testing only. No any other way to select the settings in case of tick scalpers.

frederic
frederic 2009.10.31 09:59  

loading indicators

I did notice on frid eve a big drain on computer do we need to load indis on charts

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2009.10.31 10:07  

I do not think that it is necessary to load indicators on the chart.

I am attaching it because of the following:

- to check the spread (by spreadometer indicator);

- indicators can not be backtested because it is tick indicators. So, if we want to check the enter - indicators should be attached to the chart.

Because indicators are working in real time only.

It is better to keep it on the chart.

challenger78
challenger78 2009.10.31 11:50  

Thanks Igorad

very interesting EA, it is not often we see tick trading in MT4.

I have the following suggestions for improvement, but of course I don't know if they will work! - but this is what I think, note that these are for tick trading only, not for the higher TFs:

1. Trade on the cross of the fast MAs as seen in the 1st image middle in TickSmoother window (perhaps we need to reduce their period a bit to make them more responsive, but this is for testing). Trade in the direction of the main trend as seen in yellow or blue MA in top graph.

2. Keep SL small, of similar size to TP, to avoid the large DD that newdigital observed at times.

3. TP and SL will be determined based on current volatility at tick level - for this we need a tick based volatility indicator, something like ATR or StdDev but for ticks, or at least average size of last few "tick candles" - dont know if we have it already. So TP and SL will be certain multiple of this indicator reading.

4. The same volatility indicator of (3) above will be used to block entries to trade i.e. we dont want to enter when vol is too low cause then we get killed by the spread.

5. Probably best pair in this case will be EURUSD because of low spread.

6. Additional exit condition is opposite cross of the MA signals; also when volatility drops too low and we already have open trade profit >= 0, close trade.

7. Optionally, to gain performance, replace iCustom calls with code inside EA, but this is not so important, just because we are trading ticks speed is nice to have.

8. Might be worth going below 10 sec because sometimes ticks jump quite fast.

Let me know what you think, should be easy to make a mod for these conditions, only the vol indicator might be a bit harder I guess.

Dave1974
Dave1974 2009.10.31 18:57  

Thank you Igorad for this EA and thank you NewDigital for your help

best2004
best2004 2009.11.02 16:30  

Hi

No any trade open IBFX demo EU 1min chart using template 2

Thanks

Dave1974
Dave1974 2009.11.02 17:21  

No trades yet...?

Quick question,

I'm using NewDigitals template 2 default settings, however, I've started this last Friday, and there still hasn't been any trades yet. I'm using EUR/USD in M1 time frame just like you said, but nothing's happening. Is there something not set up right or is there something I'm not doing right? Is that normal not to have a trade for a day or two or sometimes longer? Thank you!

-Dave

P.S.- I'm live trading this, not demo.

Md Aminur Rahman
Md Aminur Rahman 2009.11.02 17:41  

No trades for me either newdigital can u fix template 2 ? thanks

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2009.11.02 18:10  

No trade for template 1 today (EURUSD and GBPUSD).

It was 4 trades for template 2 (EURUSD, Alpari broker):

And I am testing template 3 with EURJPY, EURGBP and USDCAD.

It is the statement for today for this template 3 (attached):

To add comments, please log in or register