One more average ... - page 7

bebeshel:
Anyone have a website ... or how to use "Trend Strength oma channel"

price moves, ...the white line FOR LOOKS THAT IS DELAYED FOR ESTABLISHING THE END OF THE TREND ...

when change TRENDLINE...the white line, or end the TRENDLINE ?

Bebeshel,

The white line is a zig zag which is a recalculating indicator, best way i have found is go to higher timeframe charts and set the Trendstrength to match the highest highs and lowest lows(zig zags,channel period,etc.), then go to your preferred timeframe to trade and set your trendstrength to the higher timeframe settings including the timeframe, and go from there.

Settings for 15M

SIMBA:
Thankyou,merci,grazie,danke,gracias....hvala!

S

Simba

Could you please share the settings you use for the OMA bands? More interested in the 15min TF.

Thanks

Here is one more average for metatrader 5 version too

It uses the possibility that metatrader 5 has that it can be applied to other indicators too so all the 2 colored indicators on this picture are one more average.
When taking into consideration some newly discovered "properties" of jurik filter (jma in general, any jma actually) it seems to be time to continue with one more average since oma does not have any of those "properties" that would cause us to doubt what is going on
Files:
oma.png  84 kb

Mladen.,

just wanted to inform you that the mt4 version of OMA is single colored unlike its mt5 counterpart.., so thought might bring it to your attention if it is not much of a work for you.

may all the happiness be with you.

mrtools:
This is oma trendstrength channel mtf with alerts!

Mr Tools,

Another great looking indicator. How would I use this one in an ea?

Regards

gorick

gorick:
Mr Tools,

Another great looking indicator. How would I use this one in an ea?

Regards

gorick

Hi Gorick,

Looking at it now it needs some redoing was just starting my learning process , so will update it and do a Ea version,should have it ready sometime tomorrow , maybe a way to use it is like the alerts are working, in fact you can directly call the trend buffer, which i will leave in there.If you have any idea how you want it, could possibly code it into the alerts then with the Ea version you would just need to call the trend buffer.

Notice with oma mq5

Hello mladen,

Ihave try to load your one more average ind. to mq5 and became following notice:

2011.10.19 19:17:13 One more average (EURUSD,H1) Not all data of averages calculated (2841 un-calculated bars )

Can you help me what is wrong?

Thanks

patone

patona

From some of my posts you probably noticed that I am not a metatrader 5 fan. One of the reasons is what you have pointed out now : metatrader 5 never guarantees that all the data is going to be calculated. You are going to have it calculated on one tick and on the other it will not. It happens especially when you load the indicator for the first time, or when you just started the terminal, but there is no rule : it can happen at any time.

The function "responsible" for the message you are having is a built in function (BarsCalculated() function) that checks if all the bars of a specified buffer were calculated. In the case of OMA it checks if all the prices have been copied to buffer where it can then be used. And, as you can see, metatrader 5 is in some case not even able to copy prices to another buffer.

All in all, as long as they keep this "thing" at the state it is it will not be usable for anything because the user will newer be sure that all the data actually got processed. Imagine a case when "it forgets" or "decides not to process" some of the orders. Quite frankly I am disappointed a lot with meatrader 5 and they will have to do a lot of work to gain my confidence in it

regards

Mladen

patona:
Hello mladen,

Ihave try to load your one more average ind. to mq5 and became following notice:

2011.10.19 19:17:13 One more average (EURUSD,H1) Not all data of averages calculated (2841 un-calculated bars )

Can you help me what is wrong?

Thanks

patone

mrtools:
Hi Gorick, Here's the updated indicator and ea version.

Thank you so much Mr Tools!

mladen:
Updated one more average (mainly at kokleongchs request)

It has a shift option added (which was the primary reason for posting the updated version - shift can be positive r negative) it is multi time frame and it has a slope coloring added. The rest of the parameters are the same as for the original one more average.

one_more_average_-_mtf.mq4

Thanks MLaden !

Reason: