One more average ... - page 10

Mladen:

Thanks for this, it wasn't what I was thinking but it works. Could you create an EA version?

mladen:
thorcmt I hope that I understood correctly : in this version I added one more average price pre filtering in the rsioma calculation. Here is one example :

Mladen:

Thanks for this, it wasn't what I was thinking but it works. Could you create an EA version?

thorcmt:
Mladen: Thanks for this, it wasn't what I was thinking but it works. Could you create an EA version?

thorcmt

Can you explain exactly what was your idea?

mladen:
Kaufman adaptive moving average with one more average used for pre-filtering.

Frankly, this is the version I like the most eben though the other versions I posted today have their merits too (it is a subjective judgement from visual inspection though). For some more details about the whole idea please read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum . Pitty that I can not make that kind of gradient coloring for metatrader 4 because then it would be close to what I imagine that this indicator should serve for, but I hope that even with "just" slope coloring it is useful

PS: stopping spamming with Kaufman ama pre-filtered versions Enough of it for one day

Thanks Mladen, mtf please.

mrtools:
Rayphua, this is the mtf version, showing 4 hour on hourly chart.

thanks Mr. Tools!

mladen:
thorcmt I hope that I understood correctly : in this version I added one more average price pre filtering in the rsioma calculation. Here is one example :

Mladen:

Can I assume the alert is on a cross of the moving average?

If so, can you add another alert on the slope change of the RSX?

If I have the indicator attached to a H1 chart with a H4 setting, does the indy caluclute the previous 4 hours for the current hour bar?

I'm trying to confirm my understanding of how MTF indys work. Can you confirm it doesn't repaint after the closing of the current bar.

mladen:
thorcmt

Alerts added on slope change too, so now you have 2 types of alerts : on average cross and on slope change. You can configure each one separately (to get alertd on the one you need or both if you wish)

As of your second question : if you attach 4 hour indicator to a 1 hour chart, up to 4 bars of the indicators can be changed till the 4 hour current bar closes. While it is still opened (the 4 hour current bar) values belonging to it on a 1 hour chart can and will be updated if the current bar value changes

PS: to get the same kind of a display as in previous version in multi time frame mode, set the interpolate parameter to false

Thanks for the update.

Is it possible then to change the calculation of the MTF value so it would use the previous 4 hour bars for the calc so when the bar on a H1 chart closes, it does not change the value and repaint.

thorcmt:
Thanks for the update. Is it possible then to change the calculation of the MTF value so it would use the previous 4 hour bars for the calc so when the bar on a H1 chart closes, it does not change the value and repaint.

:):)

thorcmt

It is easy. Added one parameter : Rsioma_PriceShift. If you set it to 1 then it will works as you described it (it will used first closed bar of a 4 hour time frame instead of curre, still opened bar). Default is 0 (to work on a current, still opened bar)

PS: you can set the Rsiom_PriceShift to any value (there is no limit set to it)

mladen:
:):):)

thorcmt

It is easy. Added one parameter : Rsioma_PriceShift. If you set it to 1 then it will works as you described it (it will used first closed bar of a 4 hour time frame instead of curre, still opened bar). Default is 0 (to work on a current, still opened bar)

PS: you can set the Rsiom_PriceShift to any value (there is no limit set to it)

Mladen:

So just to confirm, if I'm looking at a H1 chart with the Indy set to H4 and Price Shift to 1, then after a H1 bar closes the value and slope color will not change on the H4 Indicator?

I want to use this in an EA, do you see any problems with doing this?

Can you also explain what interpolate does?

thorcmt:
Mladen:

So just to confirm, if I'm looking at a H1 chart with the Indy set to H4 and Price Shift to 1, then after a H1 bar closes the value and slope color will not change on the H4 Indicator?

I want to use this in an EA, do you see any problems with doing this?

Can you also explain what interpolate does?

thorcmt

Yes you are correct : there will be no change of the H4 value if you set the price shift to 1

As of inerpolation : it is making that "smoother look". Instead of having step like look we are doing a linear interpolation between two points (ending previous bar with ending current bar). If you use it from an EA set the interpolate to false. Interpolation is there more for enhancing visual estimations than to be used by an EA

Reason: