Please fix this indicator or EA - page 39

Can Someone Pls Make This Indicator to Accept Decimal Input?

Hi All:

Can someone here kind enough to take a look on the codes of this indicator and modify it so that the input can take/accept 3 decimal points such as 20.232?

I believe it is fairly easy but my knowledge in MQL is very limited.

Pls help. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Files:
trend.mq4  10 kb

Take a look at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173010

You will probably find one there (since the "trend" indicator is JMA. If I am correct it is the "starlight" version that had some problems with repainting, so it would be better that you use some of the versions posted at the Jurik thread)

bdunn:
Hi All:

Can someone here kind enough to take a look on the codes of this indicator and modify it so that the input can take/accept 3 decimal points such as 20.232?

I believe it is fairly easy but my knowledge in MQL is very limited.

Pls help. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Help need to modify an indicator

I am trying to modify a MACD indicator to turn it into a Trend Thrust Indicator as described in Buff Dormeier book Investing with volume analysis.

I have issues with the variable and can not achieve a decent result. I am attaching the volWMA and the VW MACD that are working

Here is the description

Trend thrust indicator

The trend thrust indicator (Tti), an enhanced version of the volume-weighted moving average convergence/divergence (VW-Macd) indicator, was introduced in my book Investing With Volume Analysis. The Tti uses a volume multiplier in unique ways to exaggerate the impact of volume on volume-weighted moving averages. Like the VW-Macd, the Tti uses volume-weighted moving averages as opposed to exponential moving averages. Volume-weighted averages weigh closing prices proportionally to the volume traded during each time period, so the Tti gives greater emphasis to those price trends with greater volume and less emphasis to time periods with lighter volume. In the February 2001 issue of Stocks & Commodities, I showed that volume-weighted moving averages (Buff averages, or Vwmas) improve responsiveness while increasing reliability of simple moving averages.

Like the Macd and VW-Macd, the Tti calculates a spread by subtracting the short (fast) average from the long (slow) average. This spread combined with a volume multiplier creates the Buff spread

The calculation are the following

volume multiplier = fast VolWMA / slow VolWMA

the volume multiplier is taken to the second power and then multiplied by the fast VolWMA to give Volume enhance fast average

the volume multiplier is taken to the second power and then multiplied by the SLOW VolWMA to give Volume enhance slow average

TTi = enhance fast average - enhance slow average

Thank for your help

vw_macd.mq4

volwma.mq4

Files:
vw_macd.mq4  3 kb
volwma.mq4  7 kb

need coder to modify this indicator please

1) it does not show price differnce with current going on price and it should not calculate high and low as it does now it should calculate open close when candle finish

2)need to add alert and email alert when specified difference occure between both currency

3) need select bar option i.e 10 or 1000 to back test

4) need to display currency on side which we one are testing

sorry for english if U still do not understand me let me know

Thanksssssss for all efforts for this indicator

Dear Coders

any coders can modify this indicator to let it show on MT4, seems it is not work, many thanks for help. please pm me or post here .

annbeea:
Dear Coders any coders can modify this indicator to let it show on MT4, seems it is not work, many thanks for help. please pm me or post here .

Hi Annbeea,

This should work now.

Files:

Hoping for help with this indicator

Came across this indicator a while back but having some problems with it.

When running indicator ema_cross_rsi_trend_spotter.ex4ema_cross_rsi_trend_spotter.mq4 on a "live" chart at times the arrows will come up, no problem at all.

Other times the arrows will only appear after the chart is reopened.

Finally when the indicator is put on 2 separate charts (same currency pair/timeframe) the arrows will not always correspond.

Not sure if this is a coding problem ?

Any help that could be given would really be appreciated

Follow up to EMa cross RSI trendspotter question

godrich:
Came across this indicator a while back but having some problems with it.

When running indicator ema_cross_rsi_trend_spotter.ex4ema_cross_rsi_trend_spotter.mq4 on a "live" chart at times the arrows will come up, no problem at all.

Other times the arrows will only appear after the chart is reopened.

Finally when the indicator is put on 2 separate charts (same currency pair/timeframe) the arrows will not always correspond.

Not sure if this is a coding problem ?

Any help that could be given would really be appreciated

Forgot to add that the arrows for this indicator seem to show up on the lower timeframes (1m,5m) fairly consistently but seem to be having trouble on the 15m and 1h, which is where I trade.

godrich:
Forgot to add that the arrows for this indicator seem to show up on the lower timeframes (1m,5m) fairly consistently but seem to be having trouble on the 15m and 1h, which is where I trade.

Hi Godrich,

Have this version very similar but it works correctly

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Godrich, Have this version very similar but it works correctly

Thanks mrtools, I will give that one a try.

Quite curious as to what was/is wrong with the EMA Cross RSI indicator that I submitted.

Did you happen to look at the code by any chance ?

Thanks again....

Reason: