Trend Master 2000 (0 trans fat!)

Hello all,

Update 06.24.2010 - 5 min settings are posted here: https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/trading-systems/11326-trend-master-2000-0-trans-fat/page4#comment_483838

I have a manual system that I've been using for a few years now. It works great, but only during the earning season (Oct thru May). Since Oct is almost here, I figured that I would share the basic idea. Please share any ideas or improvements. Opinions are always welcome.

Basic Idea:

I'm using a modded MA indicator to generate the signal and I'm using an RSI mapping indicator (originally coded by Lq_sunshine, I just tweaked it a bit) to filter/confirm each signal.

Green arrow + Green RSI = Buy

Red arrow + Red RSI = Sell

After entry, when the RSI turns gray (or opposite color) close position.

Important notes:

1. Make sure to select the RSI currency pair for each chart (EURUSD is the default) - this was fixed, just leave blank for current chart
  2. Wait for the gray (or opposite color) bar to close before exit, the RSI can repaint a bit, so sometimes the colors with flicker green/gray or red/gray. Just wait for the current bar to close to confirm color

This system is designed for a 1 hour chart, but you could probably tweak the settings to work with any time frame.

???

RSI doesn't work....just one color

Pava:
RSI doesn't work....just one color

Try using the template, the indicator and temp work fine on my pc? and I don't see any reason for the indicator to display 1 color? Oh yeah, and make sure that you have the correct currency pair selected.

riffster:
Try using the template, the indicator and temp work fine on my pc? and I don't see any reason for the indicator to display 1 color? Oh yeah, and make sure that you have the correct currency pair selected.

Done all of it...still just one color

?

what time frame is good?

Pava:
Done all of it...still just one color

Hmm, strange? I copied the files to 3 other MT4 platforms and they all work? both the template and indicator. Is it possible that you had the original version of the indicator in your MT4 folder already? Then it would have over-written the mq4, but not the ex4 file. Try deleting both the mq4 and ex4 file for:

multisymbol_color-RSI_LQ

Pava:
what time frame is good?

This system is designed for a 1 hour chart, but you could probably tweak the settings to work with any time frame.

thank you....

Pava:
thank you....

You are welcome. So you got the files working? I still can't replicate your error.

I would like to use the system on smaller timeframes (5 and 15 minutes),what are the best setting for those timeframes,riffster?Please help me tweak it!

vladv:
I would like to use the system on smaller timeframes (5 and 15 minutes),what are the best setting for those timeframes,riffster?Please help me tweak it!

"tweak it!" is that the new Devo song? lol... I've tried to find other settings that work "consistently" in smaller time frames, but so far no luck. I have a good friend that uses my settings on a 30 minute chart and claims success, but that is only other input that I have to work with.

I posted my indicators with these settings because I have over 2 years of live forward testing to confirm the validity of the system. Anything else would be guessing. I was hoping that some of our TSD forum members could experiment and provide feedback, hense the post. However, I plan to experiment on my own over the next few months. I will post whatever I find...

Reason: