Trend Master 2000 (0 trans fat!) - page 3

RSI red bars solution

For those who's got problem with RSI (showing only red bars) , at least that's how i solved it. U have to check the source code for the right symbol. At the very end of the Riffster_RSI code there is a "switch" to chose between currencies. If the name in the code doesn't mach with the currencies name in the MetaTrader's marketWatch then it will draw only red bars...

Files:
curencies.jpg  45 kb
the_code.jpg  44 kb

cico123md:
For those who's got problem with RSI (showing only red bars) , at least that's how i solved it. U have to check the source code for the right symbol. At the very end of the Riffster_RSI code there is a "switch" to chose between currencies. If the name in the code doesn't mach with the currencies name in the MetaTrader's marketWatch then it will draw only red bars...

Yeah, I stated that in the very first post of this thread, but I think a few folks over-looked that setting in the indicator. I didn't code the original version of the rsi indicator. There is probably a better way to handle that internally. I'll try to recode a solution, but I'm not a great coder. Anyone wanna help with the code?

Files fixed and updated here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

RSI indicator fixed

Ok, I figured out the issue. It was the way that the indicator_colors were being handled (or not being handled, that was the issue). The new files are posted here and at the head of this thread.

Now we can get to trading again! lol...

Poll update: 09.23.2009

I thought it might be more interesting if I periodically post the poll results so we can see how it evolves over time (I'm very surprised to see RSI in the lead?)

Stats as of 09.23.2009

MA's 10 41.67%

RSI 11 45.83%

MACD 6 25.00%

ATR 2 8.33%

Stoch 5 20.83%

CCI 6 25.00%

Ichimoku 5 20.83%

Bollinger Bands 4 16.67%

Elliot Waves 2 8.33%

I code my own 6 25.00%

cico123md:

Yeah, the new version of the RSI indicator fixed this issue. It uses the current chart as the default (like a normal indicator)

Pullback on Entry

Like most technical indicators, this one lags a bit (MA based), so wait for a pullback before entry. Yes, you might miss a couple trades, but the over-all improvement in your P&L is worth the trade off. I like to use ATR's to calculate the pullback (0.4 x the 1hr ATR seems to work well).

HI 4x, thx for the system, and I would like to know what makes your trend arrow pop up? is it base on MA cross or pivot cross..? waiting for your reply. thx

chrislee073:
HI 4x, thx for the system, and I would like to know what makes your trend arrow pop up? is it base on MA cross or pivot cross..? waiting for your reply. thx

The code explains much better, but it's basically a hybrid MA cross. The MA's are cooked from scratch for more control over the math. These settings set the level for the 2 indicators that generate the entry:

extern int firstback=120;

extern int secondback=90;

i.e. lower settings create faster MA's resulting in more signals. The 120/90 seems to filter out "most" of the head fakes. However, if we could find a better filter (other than the RSI), we could use much lower settings and potentially find more trades...

Poll Update 10.09.2009

I thought it might be more interesting if I periodically post the poll results so we can see how it evolves over time. MA's command the lead with 50% of the votes so far.

Stats as of 10.09.2009

MA's - 20 50.00%

RSI - 18 45.00%

MACD - 12 30.00%

ATR - 4 10.00%

Stoch - 5 12.50%

CCI - 10 25.00%

Ichimoku - 5 12.50%

Bollinger Bands - 4 10.00%

Elliot Waves - 4 10.00%

I code my own - 11 27.50%

Reason: