Bad signals/service reporting - page 8

mandelmus:
newdigital, you talked about "opening trades" during connection problems, but what about "closing trades" ... if I have trades open and the signal provider sends a "buy/sell to close" at a specified price and my MT4 goes offline, when my MT4 comes online again, what does the RAS EA do ... leave the trade open, close it out, wait for the specified price target again?

If the vendor opened and closed some trades, but your Metatrader was offline in that time (and vendor already closed those trades) so you will receive nothing.

But if the vendor opened the trades and your Metatrader was offline and then - online so - RAS EA will try to compare your market price with the open price for open trades (for vendor): if your market price is too different from the vendor's open price - you will miss this trade.

Of course, it is not affected on classical systems: 1 - 5 trades per pair with no scalping and no martingale. In this case - disconnection within few minutes (up to 30 minutes or more) - no problem. I am trading more then 30 elite signals as seller and buyer (all of them are such as classical systems) - no any trades are missing.

But if the vendor is doing martingale or scalping, or hedge with many open trades simultaniously, or very special MM - connection between Metatrader and the broker's server is one of the main factor.

As I know - the developers are creating some tool to check the connection between Metatrader and the broker's server. Because in case of few minute disconnection - we can see nothing: we see that Metatrader is connected, and Metatrader as the software is not telling this information to us (in case of few minute disconnection). So, this tool can help.

By the way - the most disconnections are happened at GMT night near the time when new D1 bar is going to be open. It is for Alpari brokers (rus, UK etc), and for some other brokers. IBFX does not having this nightly disconnection (at least - I did not see it).

So, this tool can help to all of us (hope it will be developed soon).

newdigital:

As I know - the developers are creating some tool to check the connection between Metatrader and the broker's server. Because in case of few minute disconnection - we can see nothing: we see that Metatrader is connected, and Metatrader as the software is not telling this information to us (in case of few minute disconnection). So, this tool can help.

By the way - the most disconnections are happened at GMT night near the time when new D1 bar is going to be open. It is for Alpari brokers (rus, UK etc), and for some other brokers. IBFX does not having this nightly disconnection (at least - I did not see it).

So, this tool can help to all of us (hope it will be developed soon).

Yes, please tell them to hurry ... some of us are trading real money on these accounts so we need all the help we can get

mandelmus:
Yes, please tell them to hurry ... some of us are trading real money on these accounts so we need all the help we can get

Hi mandelmus,

This tool is already in beta testing (some members of our forum is beta testing it): this tool is writing the disconnections between Metatrader and the broker server (on the chart and in the files) checking state every 1/4 of the second.

Files:

Thanks newdigital, that looks nice ... how long before it is ready for the rest of us?

Also, can you ask the programmers to add a feature to send notice of any MT4 and server problems to our email and/or cell phone via sms text message?

newdigital:
If the vendor opened and closed some trades, but your Metatrader was offline in that time (and vendor already closed those trades) so you will receive nothing.

So, does this mean that we will have to close those trades manually?

newdigital:
As I see - it was 2 losing trades:

-297 pips (3285.76 dollars loss);

-298 pips (3296.83 dollars loss).

It is for lot multiplier = 1.

Those 2 trades were opened in 9 of September and closed today.

I am using this signal as the clone (buyer) since Sunday only so I did not have those 2 lossing trades.

About this ID ...

GBPJPY is very risky to trade.

And max active trades = 6 with max Lot size = 1.

If we estimate that the buyer needs at least 1,000 dollar deposit to use 0.1 lot size ...

And buyer needs at least 10,000 dollars to trade by 1 lot size. In case of 6 active trades of 1 lot size - it is 60,000 dollars minimum in deposit with lot multiplier = 1.

Not everybody can invest 60,000 dollars to the broker ...

Min Lot size is 0.05.

So, if in case of lot multiplier = 0.2:

min lot size will be 0.01

max lot size will be 0.2.

And in this case those 2 losing trades will be:

-297 pips (657.15 dollars loss);

-298 pips (659 dollars loss).

And minimum initial deposit will not be 60,000 as for lot multiplier = 1.

With lot multiplier = 0.2 it may be 2,000x6=12,000 as a minimum initial deposit.

----------

By the way - I created the clone for lot miltiplier = 1 yesterday.

Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's a scam.

mandelmus:
Thanks newdigital, that looks nice ... how long before it is ready for the rest of us? Also, can you ask the programmers to add a feature to send notice of any MT4 and server problems to our email and/or cell phone via sms text message?

This week, or in the beinning of the next week. It was programmed. Just some members of the forum (programmers) are beta testing it.

I am waiting for it too.

As to sms ...

This tool (EA) is writing the information on the chart + text file with time and so on ...

To use on the chart - difficult. Because this tool is checking evertything as 1/4 of the second. And do you know how many disconnections/connections we can have in a day? 20, 50, 100 ... in case of sms - it will be beep beep beep all day and night

This tool can catch disconnections for 45 seconds ...

for example:

16:01:15: disconnection

16:02:00 reconnection

I am not recommending for sms and phone ...

mandelmus:
So, does this mean that we will have to close those trades manually?

If the trades were closed for the vendor so you will not have those trades (if your metatrader is offline) and nothing to close.

1) Let me rephrase .. If MT4 was online to accept and open a new position and then, later, became disconnected during the "close" signal, our position would still be open ... what if MT4 reconnects a few hours later, after the position was already closed by the signal provider ... when MT4 reconnects, the position will still be open, correct? How is that open position handled by RAS EA? Do we have to manually close that open position?

RAS EA is working only if Metatrader is connected.

If vendor' metatrader will reconnect so RAS EA will see that position was closed (from Metatrader's history) and will deliver this information to RAS website. You (buyer) will receive this information - and your position will be closed too.

2) By the way, I just noticed that I started receiving several "Order ####### Close Error: 136 - off quotes" error alerts this afternoon ... what does that mean?

It means: you do not have quotes for now ...

Check the symbols: Market Watch in metatrader - right mouse click on any space of this Market Watch window, select "Symbols" and check - do you have the pair you re trading or not. If not - press "Show".

Or your Metatrader was disconnected for few hours.

---------

Someone asked me by PM about when the Connection Logger will be ready. It is almost ready (with alert/alarms as requested on this thread). Just some manual will be written (about how to use). Few more days waiting.

If I remember - it can send an email, write the message on the chart or in text file (as a log/record for disconnection/reconnection time), and play a sound (for disconnection). I did not test it personally but I think - few more days to wait.

Strongly recommended for the people trading by scalping.

As to spread ... as I remember - it was indicator created by Igorad (SpreadoMeter). may be - it can be uploaded to this section too.

newdigital:
... If the trades were closed for the vendor so you will not have those trades (if your metatrader is offline) and nothing to close.

1) Let me rephrase ..

If MT4 was online to accept and open a new position and then, later, became disconnected during the "close" signal, our position would still be open ... what if MT4 reconnects a few hours later, after the position was already closed by the signal provider ... when MT4 reconnects, the position will still be open, correct? How is that open position handled by RAS EA? Do we have to manually close that open position?

2) By the way, I just noticed that I started receiving a lot of "Order ####### Close Error: 136 - off quotes" error alerts this afternoon ... what does that mean? (I guess the trade server is not sending price data fast enough, or accepting trade orders fast enough, during moments of high market volatility. I also found this related thread ... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179042)

newdigital:
RAS EA is working only if Metatrader is connected. If vendor' metatrader will reconnect so RAS EA will see that position was closed (from Metatrader's history) and will deliver this information to RAS website. You (buyer) will receive this information - and your position will be closed too.

In that case the price will have moved (in good or bad direction) from the time the position was closed by the signal provider ... we may gain or lose from a close that was made several minutes to hours later, correct?

newdigital:
It means: you do not have quotes for now ...

Check the symbols: Market Watch in metatrader - right mouse click on any space of this Market Watch window, select "Symbols" and check - do you have the pair you re trading or not. If not - press "Show".

Or your Metatrader was disconnected for few hours.

The error was reported on the EUR/USD with FXCM-UK, so I definitely have this pair to trade. I'm guessing the error came from too many trades overloading the broker's trade server. I will ask the FXCM representatives. Update: I opened up a chat with FXCM support and asked them to review my trade history. They were very helpful. They reviewed my trade history and suggested that the EA was trying to close an order improperly so was rejected. The error was related to the signal provider + RAS EA trying to close out one of my EUR/USD trades. It took about 3 minutes longer for the RAS-EA to finally close out that position resulting in a 12 pip loss compared with the signal provider. The FXCM support representative said that their version of MT4 can't handle/guarantee an exact "stop loss" or "take profit"; but that they try to get as close as possible as the market will allow.

newdigital:
Someone asked me by PM about when the Connection Logger will be ready. It is almost ready (with alert/alarms as requested on this thread). Just some manual will be written (about how to use). Few more days waiting.

If I remember - it can send an email, write the message on the chart or in text file (as a log/record for disconnection/reconnection time), and play a sound (for disconnection). I did not test it personally but I think - few more days to wait.

Strongly recommended for the people trading by scalping.

As to spread ... as I remember - it was indicator created by Igorad (SpreadoMeter). may be - it can be uploaded to this section too.

Oh, that "Connection Logger" would be nice to see ... it would be even nicer if it would paint a gray area on the chart during the moments when our broker's trade server was not connected for longer than 60 seconds (or custom setting).

Reason: