Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1630

eurofreek:
Actually if they do the same or not does not matter It is clear that the exchange rate is dominated by the outlook of the war now

You are right

For now the 1.35 support holds. We shall have time enough to see what will happen next week (and the last seconds of this week )

Just 3 pips last seconds change this time

Good night guys

searchingFX:
First serious attempt to break 1.35. be careful at market close : almost sure they will repeat this

Yes, it's a serious attempt and very fast, give us a lot to think for next week.

In the absence of major economic events, the dollar traded unchanged or lower than most G10 counterparts this morning Friday. Weakened against the NOK, SEK, AUD and CAD in this order, while appreciated versus the JPY. The dollar was unchanged against the CAD, CHF, GBP and EUR.

The Gold followed a similar pattern to the Yen as a "safe-haven" asset. The precious metal rose about 1.70% after the news of the plane crash in Malaysia but lost some of its gains as the uncertainty of events weakened. The trend of commodity confirmed my opinion that some of the risk off trades that were made yesterday were likely to be reversed.

That was probably a couple of sell stops and a couple of stop losses hit. There was not enough volume to push it further. Some bigger news needed to do that

We are going to watch the same old game : they are going to let us think that 1.35 will hold and then they will clean up our positions. Goldman & Sachs is expecting 1.2 for Euro

eurofreek:
We are going to watch the same old game : they are going to let us think that 1.35 will hold and then they will clean up our positions. Goldman & Sachs is expecting 1.2 for Euro

If Goldman & Sachs is expecting 1.2 for Euro that would mean that they knew more about things happening now and I do not believe so. I could not find a confirmation of that 1.2. Was that an article or some post?

EURUSD attempted a rally came after the consolidation and then fall.

Ultimately, this is a very busy apparently to be negotiated market.

bewayopa:
EURUSD attempted a rally came after the consolidation and then fall. Ultimately, this is a very busy apparently to be negotiated market.

They are waiting to see what will happen with Ukraine

In the times of war $ strengthens

eurofreek:
They are waiting to see what will happen with Ukraine In the times of war $ strengthens

Not as much as in the past, but you are right - in times of tensions $ tends to get stronger. What is interesting is the time when Euro started to decline : I am not talking about ECB and FED now. They did what they always did and nothing really new was done by either. And remember : strong Euro is not what economy in EU wants. This currency war is becoming fun

Reason: