Daily Breakout EA - page 7

Damn, why istn this workin....why cant i edit posts ?!?!

HiLow:

HiLow 2:

HiLow 4:

performance 2 bad 2 use

Test data

I believe it is possible to get 90% data from Alpari but I have been unable to find how to do it. If anyone has a method or a link to an explanation, it would be greatly appreciated. In fact finding anything about testing other than the standard Metatrader method, is hard to find.

Using M1 data and testing M15 is incredibly slow. 2 months data takes about 48 hours to process. Is this normal or should it be quicker to get results when testing? Is this a product of my computer - which has a reasonable amount of grunt!

I'll wait 5 mins for ~10 years when backtesting

Testing

Hova

How do you do that? I have searched the internet for a method to back test using 90% data but I am amazed that there is so little out there to help. Its very frustrating as I want to test some EAs and strategies.

I have found an article on how to get 90% data from Alpari (but it appears to be out of date!! - 2006) - I will happily post it if anyone wants it.

scartree:
Hova

How do you do that? I have searched the internet for a method to back test using 90% data but I am amazed that there is so little out there to help. Its very frustrating as I want to test some EAs and strategies.

I have found an article on how to get 90% data from Alpari (but it appears to be out of date!! - 2006) - I will happily post it if anyone wants it.

I think i read that article too, and i did what they wanted me to do, press F2 and get the data i need, easy as that.

But be careful with downloading all time frames on differ pairs, my machine slows extremely down and uses 75% RAM!...however

U say 2 month backtest needs 48h ? wtf...i did 10 years wit 1+15m in less then 2 mins...

I need to quote myself:

I have played around with the settings and the results is way better then i ever could imagine...

Well...as the Expert Advisor noob that i am the above quote was made when i had done som backtesting with control points. After reading post in this thread i realize that the only good backtesting is with tick.

So now it's not so good... ~60% up since 2007-01-01 with 90% modelleling quality.

But i need to ask... is this EA full of bugs?? I am thinking of gatowman's post:

Hi,

this is the Backtest from the simple BarhiLo,

but its not trading, only sometimes?????

Shit, its so gooood.

Can anybody the clear the bugs??

Look at this Pic, can this be????

Thanks

Regards / JoLi

Files:

look @ your modeling quality...its 30.X%, thats way 2 low.

What you mean with this???

Can you tell me more because "modeling"?

regards

gatowman

scartree:
Hova

Please post it, with EA and tell us in witch TF

its works!

Thanks

gatowman

@ gatowman: look at PM

@ jolimoney: im runnin all 4 ea's on 14 diff. pairs but only BarHiLow_2 on EUR/USD got some limit orders on yesterdays hi&low

BarHiLo

@hova what you meen with PM??

gatowman

hova:
@ gatowman: look at PM @ jolimoney: im runnin all 4 ea's on 14 diff. pairs but only BarHiLow_2 on EUR/USD got some limit orders on yesterdays hi&low
Reason: