Download MetaTrader 5

Historical M1 DAX data

To add comments, please log in or register
Andre de Vries
Andre de Vries  

Hello,

For backtesting an Expert Advisor I need historical M1 data for the DAX index. I have only 4 months of data on my computer and I can not find a way how to get more historical data, back to 1 or more years. Could anyone help me or tell me how to get this in MetaTrader 4?

Thanks

Jose Miguel Soriano
Jose Miguel Soriano  
Andre de Vries:

Hello,

For backtesting an Expert Advisor I need historical M1 data for the DAX index. I have only 4 months of data on my computer and I can not find a way how to get more historical data, back to 1 or more years. Could anyone help me or tell me how to get this in MetaTrader 4?

Thanks

TickDownloader
Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  
Andre de Vries:

Hello,

Thanks

Go to tools
           History center
Then  select ur symbol + timeframe
Click   download
Andre de Vries
Andre de Vries  
Mohammad Soubra:
Go to tools
           History center
Then  select ur symbol + timeframe
Click   download
Yes, done that, but it does not add any data. It says: There ar no new data for a symbol 'DAX.sig'.
Snelle Moda
Snelle Moda  

You have to build your own database in Excel and then import the data in MT4 because most brokers compress the M1 bars into H1 bars after a few months.

Or you can buy the M1 bars. It costs approximately 60 euro for 1 year of data. See this example: (DAX future)

http://www.tickdatamarket.com/futures.php?data=23&nom=eurex

Tickdatamarket
  • www.tickdatamarket.com
All Futures contracts have the following syntax: The resulting complete code will be ESM2009 Futures Delivery Month Codes
Andre de Vries
Andre de Vries  
Jose Miguel Soriano:
TickDownloader
Thank you, this works after a lot of struggling. The CSV-file contained values that were all 10 times as big (decimeter was at the wrong place), so I had to manually edit it. Then, using the history center I managed to import it. Thanks.
To add comments, please log in or register