ValeoFX's Trading Method... - page 11

The LONG @ 09h05 today...

The LONG entry needs no discussion IMHO. Here the cross of the TRIX is clearly evident.

Files:

generousforex:
One more special request... on your great Double woodie cci version you did Yannis, can you add the feature that when either alert is used, ie

trend and/or entry cci alert, we get a pop up alert telling which pair?

Standard mt4 pop up would be great, just saying trend or entry cci

alert on x pair at x time. I would appreciate it..and useful

when you have a few pairs on looking for different alerts.

If you are able... appreciate it!!

Brian

Here you go.

For those who like the MSN like alert box, search the code for 'pop' - without the quotes - remove the 2 // in front of the lines where the word pop appears and recompile. You will need the pop.mqh file in your Include folder.

Yannis

Yannis

Awesome.thank you very much!

Brian

Yannis:
Here you go.

For those who like the MSN like alert box, search the code for 'pop' - without the quotes - remove the 2 // in front of the lines where the word pop appears and recompile. You will need the pop.mqh file in your Include folder.

Yannis

This morning's trades...

Seeing that this morning's trades were more difficult (for me at least), I decided to post the trades as I took them for your comments.

Here today is a classic example of patience galore and not getting either anxious or excited when it seems as if there was no chance of getting into the market.

1. First signal for SHORT on the 07h30 CET candle and it overheated! No entry. (Note the Chimp4 signal sitting just above the candle! (Blue circle)

NOW what you do is to watch the CCI-setup very carefully - IF the CCi-18 stays below the Zero-line, the trade DIRECTION stays short. Keep an eye on the CCi-5 (our PILOT) and when it dips back through the Zero-line @ 08h00 (I did not mark it with a vertical line, but used a BLUE-ish square block on the bottom of the CCis on the -165 level); we notice that it was once again "overheated" although there is no "white cap" on the candle! (Reason being that the value was not exactly -165 but close enough to be counted as overheating anyway)

Again, keep your concentration and follow the CCi-5 - it has to do one of two things: (a). either go back up above the zero-line and then come back when you check it out again for an entry, OR

(b). it has to go below the 54-level at least and return to signal the entry.

2. At 08h30 the signal is given for the first trade. Notice the positions of the other indicators, especially the Schaffs and at the bottom the Dynamic_RSi. (More about the Dynamic_RSi later)

BTW, there was a Graveyard Doji on the Daily Pivot for an exit.

3. At 09h15 the candle overheated! Keep eyes peeled on CCi-5 from now on! Watch as the CCi-5 retraces to just under the zero-line and a ZLR follows for the next entry LONG @ 09h40.

The very next candle overheats as well and it is time to get out, but at least we did not burn!

4. The 10h00 candle has a short signal from the Chimp4 above it and if you were not out yet, that is the signal to close the previous long.

10h05 the CCi-5 falls through the zero-line and the only other indicator showing that the trade may have reversed, is the Red Schaff (with the Trix turning Red also - BTW, JoeB and I have agreed to use the Trix in this manner providing that we have some confirmation like I mentioned here)

If you considered the fact that the Chimp was already Short, that was a good entry, but if you waited for the next candle, you will see that the CCi-5 once again got close to overheating ( Blue-square on CCi-5 at level -165)

ENTRY CONFIRMED @ 10h40 after the CCi-5 came back up again and just touched the zero-line for yet another perfect ZLR and the confirmation for a stronger run down.

This short yielded 45 pips without a sweat!

Now it is for you to comment please.

Just about the Dynamic_RSi:............. I like this indicator very much because of my RSi research that I have done and I place it here so that those of you who do not like the TRIX, can swap the two.

Rsi

I like the RSI and have been using the T3 RSI with good results. What is the difference between the T3 and the Dynamic Zone you have? Thanks

Reason: