ValeoFX's Trading Method... - page 19

Thanks Valeo

My trade today

I'm really not up to scratch on the various cycle indicators but here is my trade today. I am still using volumes with success. Great to be back on board with this thread. As you can see my entry and risk management on this kind of trade relies heavily on the volumes earlier in the day and what they suggest.

The "close half area" is there (blue dotted channel) to instruct me to close half of my position and bring the stop to break even. You may be able to judge why I have placed my stop where I have done.

My chart informed me that this "take profit zone" area is also the so-called "high of yesterday" so I closed out whole trade on this occasion, for 25 and 20 pips approx for each half of the trade. I do not normally plan to do this, but my "daily high" indicator was not showing until the trade reached the "sell zone." I hope by sharing the result of years of practice and what I do now regarding management, some might be helped by this.

I wonder how I can start to incorporate the rest of what is available here. ValeoFX is there an order of importance in terms of Schaff Trend Cycle, etc etc?

Closing whole trade for me should not be done ordinarily, or out of emotion as remaining half can go 100-300 pips. However, even though I wasn't aware of the "high of the day" I was aware by looking at an H4 chart that 1.5014 was going to be a resistance. Good little 23 pips approx intraday trade though.

PS I am in no way trying to hijack this thread or complicate matters, rather I wish to get back up to where the thread is at in terms of template, indicators and trading method. I am sharing the above just in case it can help anyone, if not with gaining an insight in to volumes, also sensible trading management.

Files:

Request to look at some indicators...

Hi ValeoFX I have been playing about with some indi's today. They are below on a H1 GBP chart if you care to test them. May be some potential in these. Let us know please.

plus template

Files:

Hi Suk...

I often wonder what happened to you. I am sure you must be doing well after your training course(s) when we spoke many moons ago.

I don't trade any of the indicators you have attached. Tried them and discarded them.

My special indicators are the SchaffTrendCycle by Mladen; the trusted CCi-setup I have used for so long now and went back to my researched RSi-setup.

Still use Fibs and now added a reliable Pivot indicator to my chart thanks to my friend Gerhard's innovative approach and TrendEnvelopes based on my trusted EMAs. (BTW, the Tr.Env. replaced the TEMA after agonising over it for months, but I am now "settled" with my researched results.

Sadly I am not allowed to post any of the Elite-section indicators here but if you are a member, it is freely available as usual.

Wishing you success.

kevinator:
Here is the indicator in the screenshot perhaps I can assist you in updating your system as it is somewhat outdated.

Info on Barros Swings...

Xard777

Great work, great system !

Thanks to you and everyone at FX TSD-

I was going to PM you Valeo but I have to have 10 posts-

I am not as open and sharing as you- or a programmer, or as good a trader.

But I am using 5 or 10 indicators mentioned by, created or modified by people on this forum so, thank you all...

Your ma-wpr and Robby DSS Bressert seem to go quite well together btw.

I will figure out some things I want to discuss and start a thread or something and then pm you a pic of my tpl and some thoughts about an ea my friend and I are working on if you are interested.

Most welcome...

angrysky:
I was going to PM you Valeo but I have to have 10 posts-

I am not as open and sharing as you- or a programmer, or as good a trader.

But I am using 5 or 10 indicators mentioned by, created or modified by people on this forum so, thank you all...

Your ma-wpr and Robby DSS Bressert seem to go quite well together btw.

I will figure out some things I want to discuss and start a thread or something and then pm you a pic of my tpl and some thoughts about an ea my friend and I are working on if you are interested.

================

You are most welcome, Angrysky.

Wishing you the best always.

Hello ValeoFX, its been a while since you commented on this thread. I was wondering if you still trade with this method?

Reason: