RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 7

Request from fxss: Live ea subscribers

There are 13 subscribers to FXSS: Live EA at the moment.

If one of you are using Alpari UK or has had the same problem as Shyam, please give us some input here to help us solve Shyam's lots multiplier problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Fx

Alpari UK have min lot size =0.01.

I wonder how someone use a broker and have no clue about it

Enforcer:
Alpari UK have min lot size =0.01. I wonder how someone use a broker and have no clue about it

Thanks Enforcer for your input.

Shyam, if 0.01 is the minimum lot size and 0.01 = 10c per pip in your profit column, then Alpari UK does not allow you to trade micro-lots.

Please double check this with your broker.

This is very important.

Thanks

Fx

Shyam.

I have just been onto Alpari UK.

They do not allow trading of less than .10c per pip. (0.01).

Given this, if you use Alpari UK with FXSS: Live EA you would need to have a starting balance of $10,000.

On the other hand, if you had a broker who would allow you to trade .01c per pip, then you would be able to use $4000.

Many brokers offer this, it just seems Alpari UK does not.

Thanks

Fx

Hi ND.

I thought I would post this here as it may help other vendors/sellers too.

I have a subscriber who has been trying to post a question regarding RAS, which I have been unable to answer. He is new on the forum and apparently cannot post because of this.

Is there anyway of allowing subscribers to post on the forum whether new or not.

Thanks

Fx

Yes, of course.

If they want to post so they can post.

In your thread, or in any thread of this section.

Thanks. I'll tell him.

It's just that he says he posted a question yesterday and it has not appeared on the thread yet. He also says he got a message saying he was banned because he is new.

Maybe it's just a communication problem.

Thanks again.

ShyamMT4:
No, not really. It seems like I have to know yur set up with your broker in order for me to be properly set up with my broker. So I have changed the size to 0.004 which, as I understand it, should give me 4c per pip. I'll see how it goes with the next few trades it opens.

Regards

Shyam

Well, that didn't work. A trade just closed (140.00/140.50) which was opened on the above settings and it still closed at 0.10c/pip.

So I've now changed the setting to 0.4 to see what happens then.

Regards

Shyam

FX Simple Signals:
Thanks Enforcer for your input.

Shyam, if 0.01 is the minimum lot size and 0.01 = 10c per pip in your profit column, then Alpari UK does not allow you to trade micro-lots.

Please double check this with your broker.

This is very important.

Thanks

Fx

OK, so how I interpret a MT4 statement is this - when I see 0.01 in the size column, I take that to mean a lot size of 0.01, which to me is a micro-lot (as 0.1 is a mini lot and 1.0 is a standard lot).

Is that not correct? Because it was on that basis that I assumed (yes, not good) that Alpari traded micro lots.

Regards

Shyam

ShyamMT4:
Well, that didn't work. A trade just closed (140.00/140.50) which was opened on the above settings and it still closed at 0.10c/pip.

So I've now changed the setting to 0.4 to see what happens then.

Regards

Shyam

Well, that made a difference - it's now opened a trade (141.000) with a size of 0.04. The profit was up to 30 pips before (141.30) and the profit was just over $12.00, so it's now running at 0.40c/pip.

So this seems to be heading in the wrong direction. If you have 1 in your lots multiplier and you trade 0.10c/pip, then how come my profit/pip goes up to 0.40c when I set my lots multiplier to 0.4?

I would have thought it would have reduced it, as it is a fraction of yours, not a multiple.

Regards

Shyam

Reason: