The Legend of The Gambler - page 25

Kenny Rogers:
So here are the 2 Euro trades that I have open from last time.

As you can see, I'm in a bit of a drawdown, but since my GBPUSD trades were profitable, now I have more room to play with. I can simply close these and still make a good total profit from all of the closed trades. So mentally, it is already a load off of my mind.

Now, here is what I like to do when I have multiple trades on the same pair going on. And some of the trades are in profit, I would lock in the small profit when it gets to like $30-$50 on 1 profitable trade...then immediately reset the pending order from the original spot. This way I lock in the profit by scalping it, and if the market moves away from me, then I get the same trade but with a little profit already locked in.

OK, I just closed the 1 Euro trade that was in profit for $33. And a new pending order is set in the same spot of when the closed Euro trade was opened last night. If it triggers, well, I just locked in some profit and in the same position as before. If it doesn't trigger, then that good for my other open trade which is coming down in drawdown.

I will keep repeating the scalp I just did mutliple times, fishing the same area over and over again.

LOL. The pending EURO trade is already triggered within 5 minutes.

Ideally, I would hope both close in profit, but sometimes you just have to hit singles and bunt in the range to keep afloat.

FK! I'm actually travelling and away from my trading terminal right now. I brought my laptop to do mobile trading and monitor my open trades on the Euro. Unforturnately, I took the wrong laptop. Now I can't connect to the damn terminal with this laptop, and it won't be until another 9 hours before I can get back. This is a crappy situation.

I was planning a day of scalping and trading. Now I have to hope the market doesn't run away from me today on my open trades, and give me a royal beating.

Murphy's Law. It is always days like these that really put a damper on my mood. And perhaps even my wallet. Although I will get to see what my daily statement is from my email in the afternoon.

Normally, I would already closed my Euro open trades for profit as it is sitting at 1.2958. I just checked the FXDD quote online. But since I can't do that, I'll just have to wait and close it out later.

OK, I decided to just close out the trade directly through IBFX. So I contacted IBFX and informed them to close both trades on the Euro. They said that I only had 1 open Euro trade, so I said to close it at market price 1.2967. I think I may have put in a higher TP for the other Euro order, and it had already closed by TP. I'll see when I get my daily email statement in an hour.

^ Hi Lodol,

My patience is not very good in trading, and in my emotions. I can definitely make an effort to improve. The only reason why I even write is because there is a lot of down time between trades. Most of what I write is just in my head at that moment, and it is basically for my own records.

I need to stop manually trading for this week, and just relax a little bit. I can't even stay away from trading too long, I'm still manually trading even though I said I'm going to stop in the post above. (I was only at Trade 18). Now, I already closed another 5 trades (Trade 19-23) and have 1 open trade still in.

Here is my next series of pending trades. The current price is still far away from my orders, so it will take a long time before they are triggered. And I might close the order very quickly to scalp and not have open trades.

Just throwing some trades out there to see if there are any fishes that'll bite. No super indicators, just my gut and me. Placing trades in the range, around peaks/valleys, and congestion areas. I want areas where there will a lot of battle between bulls and bears.

Files:

Just sold 4 minilot of EURJPY at 128.22. Target 127.00.

Like usual, will close trade early to lock in profit.

^ Again, it was over $100 in profit, and I wasn't at my trading terminal. So now it is down $100. And I added another pending sell limit trade on the EURJPY at 129.07.

Cancelled the GBPUSD pending sell limit trade because the price action has already moved sharply down, and the price never went high enough to trigger my sell limit trade. So I was not able to ride that move down.

Reason: