Rent a robot for rebates - page 3

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Ok, I am a professional programmer, let's work on your closing algorithm together. Can you describe it clearly and concisely in words?

I can describe it, but I'm sorry, I won't.) I've been thinking about the closure for more than half a year and I think I've figured out where the dog is buried, but not for sure. If I learn how to program it, I'll do it.

I know that the closure you described leads to a drain. Just don't waste your time, think in a different direction. I can tell you that trying to close by indicator is evil for this strategy, as well as for opening.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I can describe it, but I'm sorry, I won't.) I've been thinking about the closure for more than half a year and I think I've figured out where the dog is buried, but not for sure. If I learn how to program it, I'll do it.

I know that the closure you described leads to a flush. Just don't waste your time, think in a different direction. I can tell you that trying to close by indicator for this strategy is evil, as well as for opening.

So far it leads to daily deposit growth of 2-10%.

Or did you think I always close with reverse order? I do not. This is force majeure. I close using my signals.

Good luck.

By the way, about opening. After all, you can open with positive lots, and then, at the worst scenario, you can close losing orders that will remain after the positive lots have been closed, just like in the first case. The drawdown might be a little larger than in the first case, due to the fact that outermost orders will be relatively far from each other.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

So far it's resulted in a daily depo growth of 2-10%.

Or did you think that I always close with a reverse order? No, you do not. This is force majeure, I close on my signals.

I close on my signals. Good luck.

I'm sorry, but it's not right to close on a signal. How can there be a signal when the distance between the orders is so small?

The algorithm has to work at 0. Any attempt to profit from this algorithm is bad. Earnings are bonuses to be recouped, which is a monthly doubling of the deposit.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:
By the way, it's about the opening. In fact, you can open with positive lots and then, at the worst scenario, you can close losing orders that remain when closing positive lots, just like in the first case. The drawdown might be a little larger than in the first case, due to the fact that outermost orders will be relatively far from each other.

You see, when working in a flat with a spread of at least 150 p (5 digits) I am doing great. As the spread increases, the profit and number of orders grows. Problems arise when a trend appears as we are left with dips. Once again, I am working at home and I am using one monitor to write programs and trade on the other. I can assess if the trend is stable or if the market has farted and the price will soon return to the previous level.

However, the robot is not so good at that, as it is difficult to translate my experience and intuition into programs. But I'm working on it.)

I understand what I meant about losing lots but I cannot use them to open during a trend.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

I'm sorry, but it's not right to close on a signal. How can there be a signal when the distance between the orders is so small?

The algorithm has to work at 0. Any attempt to profit from this algorithm is bad. Earnings, it's bonuses to be recouped, and that's a monthly doubling of the deposit.

Well, I'm earning so far not on rebates but on scalping. It's just that my scalper is easy to set up in rebate mode, but I haven't worked purely that way yet. You can set hard TP = spread, it's just right for rebaiting.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

You see, when working in a flat with a spread of at least 150 p (5 digits) I am doing great. As the spread increases, the profit and number of orders grows. Problems arise when a trend appears as we are left with dips. Once again I am working at home, I am using one monitor to write programs and trade on the other. I can assess if the trend is stable or if the market has farted and the price will soon return to the previous level.

However, the robot is not so good at that, as it is difficult to translate my experience and intuition into programs. But I'm working on it.)

I understand what I meant about losing lots, but I cannot use them to open during trend.

I don't quite understand how you open orders. For my opening, the trend is good - the orders start closing quickly. When there are doldrums, they need to be removed before the price moves away from these orders. And manual trading is not applicable here. At least, it does not work for me.

The algorithm should make no difference if it is trending or flat. In my case it is almost so, although it is better with a trend now. When I have a close as I have planned, it should make no difference. In theory, so far it works out that way.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

You can put a hard TP = spread, that's just right for rebate.

No, no, no way. As soon as we apply TP to this algorithm, it will instantly sell out. Maybe we should use TP only for the first order and it will not work further.

The algorithm has no SL, TP and understanding where the price is going. None of this is needed, since the goal is to open/close a lot of orders.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

No, no, no way. As soon as you apply a TP to this algorithm, it will instantly sell out. Maybe TP is used only for the first order and it will not work further.

The algorithm has no SL, TP and understanding where the price is going. We don't need all of that, since the goal is to open/close a lot of orders.

If we open/close them randomly, we will definitely fail. I open using my signals in the direction of price movement under certain conditions. I close them when the price stops moving, it is very simple.

For a large amount of orders I open in steps, currently I'm giving a 7 point step (5 digits) for EURUSD, for other pairs the step is calculated in required proportions.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

If you open/close them at random, then you will definitely be lost. I open on my signals in the direction of price movement under certain conditions. I close when the movement stops, everything is very simple.

For a large amount of orders, I'm opening with a step. Now I'm giving a step of 7 points (5-digit) on EURUSD and on other pairs the step is calculated in required proportions.

It turns out that we have a quite different understanding of this strategy.

The idea to open by a step < spread... - I have to think about it !

Reason: