Scalp to freedom 10-20 pips a trade...guaranteed? - page 48

CYMAN:
I just tested it on GU, EU, UJ, EJ. All profit with 20p SL at 10p. Looks like we have got a Holy Grail here..................

Can I ask whether you tested these pairs live, in real time, or, as a part of a back testing process?

I know this was touched upon previously, but the indicator repaints. By repainting I mean you could have all blue squares representing a buy signal, for giggles let's say you might have 2 full lines of blue squares, which would be a buy signal with a confirmation of the buy signal, you enter the trade on a buy, and 15 minutes into the trade the 2 sets of blue squares now has 2 red squares canceling the buy signal that was generated. This might only occur on longer time frame charts, as shorter time frame charts (say 5 minute chart) would be less sensitive to change the 5 min indicator.

If you look back on a chart with the indicator to previous days, the buy/sell signal are repainted and are not realistic to guage how well they worked.

AlanN and YenTrader2:

Guys, there is a way to use this indicator as I shared previously to avoid the repainting issue...I'll explain how. The way you both are probably using is by using it with multiple time frames with the same CCI period, this WILL result in repainting and backtesting will DEFINATELY come out incorrect and this is not what we want.

The best way In my humble opinion to make use of this indicator would be the way I use it, which is change the TimeFrame settings in the indicator to ALL the same ones, So if your using it on an m5 chart, use ALL FOUR TimeFrame's as 5 (or 0 for current incase you want to flick TF's in the same chart) and then use different period settings instead of using all the same CCI periods, Ones that I find are working nicely are CCI periods of 13, 34, 55 and 89.

Make sense? So change all TimeFrames to 0 which reflects your current chart timeframe, and change periods to 13, 34, 55, and 89. These are also Fibonacci numbers This way the indicator is emulating an MTF situation by reading different CCI periods but all on the same timeframe so this way theres no repainting. I hope this makes some sense. Try it out and check it out on the Euro today by using just this and 2 EMA's, 34 and 55 ema. It helps you keep the trend in good perspective.

Using it this way makes it possible to backtest it accurately and no repainting sh*t. Please let me know if this solves your questions and helps a bit.

AlanN:
Can I ask whether you tested these pairs live, in real time, or, as a part of a back testing process?

Hi,

Real Time live market........

Today Sell GU, EU, UJ, EJ, all TP20 again.

Recap?

WilteredFire;suk1000 and other seniors:

im a complete noob and this is my first post. after, finally, getting thru 48 pages of the thread...my head is spinning. obviously, to a noob this makes no sense at all. what does is that it has lots of potential . one of the "clearest" post that i ran across was that of wilteredfire...thank you.

anyhow, can the seniors, experts, and the programming studs just put a "recap" of what's transpired? simply: which indicator to use; and how and when to use. rather than inundating with endless questions; why not just have a centralized "updated" place.

thank you very much.

CYMAN:
Hi,

Real Time live market........

Today Sell GU, EU, UJ, EJ, all TP20 again.

Hi Cyman,

Yes, I agree with samk090905.. could you just in brief tell us all the parameters and setting you are using right now? and also when/what is the entry point and exit?

Many thanks in advance..

cheers..

Recap

i suspect recapping (in terms where everyone understands with images) this would not only help the noobs; but would also help the programming guys and the tech experts not having to sift thru 48 pages to glean what has transpired thus far.

i think the guys that recognize its potential will be dissuaded b/c of the amount of unclarity and frequent changes that have materialized up to this point.

its simple: kindly, recap what works and what doesnt...cant imagine it would take more than 5 minutes.

thank you,

EA anyone?

Did anybody create an EA for this trading method with this indicator?

Ea

i think that was one of the first questions asked several times: no one addressed it.

Ea

in fact, i think one of the reasons why is b/c there have been sooo many changes up to this point that most people dont know what is up to date and what is not.

Reason: