Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 86

Pip:
My pleasure.

So far cycle forecast still holding. Here is an updated image.

Should things change I will post an update.

Cheers,

Pip

Hi Pip,

I'd be happy to work on a strategy search and EA creation using your method + indies Mr Pip. It be done by using StrategyQuant and a slight hint of what you look for for entry/exits. How successful the strategy found by SQ depends on how much non-human-judgemental factors you use in choosing entry/exits, thus the more robotic the opportunity for an EA success. If you prefer privacy in discussing some hint of your method then write me: batchj at earthlink dot net. The final EA I'd be inclined at urging of folks here to post here, if its of any decent value. If interested I'd appreciate re-posting your two posted indies you use in a posted-quote-reply herein to make it easy for me to not hunt around for the latest. It may require two or three longish hunts, 1) with just your indies, or 2) with your indies and some price differences, or 3) your indies with 1-3 other filter aiding std indies, contingent on your inputs. All this IF you feel such endeavor could be worth it. SQ also does multiple MonteCarlo robustness tests for each random trial, its a matter of visually sorting thru the crops to pick the finest.

My personal electronic engineer out-of-the-past head believes more in Fourier applied to markets is better left to the way those FourierAnalysers do in such labs, the frequency components left un-decompiled and analyzed from there, NOT re-compiled in hopes some "extrapolator" predictions occur. Having said that I also say I'm no trader, so you may have found something for all I know! Lol.

Okydoky!

Jerry

PS: One problem though for these fancy buffer like indies, they gotta give some kind of output from 1st bar the indy is applied from an EA otherwise SQ is waiting for its custom created EA to use it from bar-1 in history center but it could wait forever as such indies just don't even start, they themselves expect a certain quantity of bars already there just like on a chart. This is the way SQ can "take in" a file of an indy's output and put it into a file for importing into herself for use. One way to fix such problem (I'm fairly certain) is for it to pass just the price data for X bars to avoid hangups for such indy usage.

Pip:
My pleasure.

So far cycle forecast still holding. Here is an updated image.

Should things change I will post an update.

Cheers,

Pip

Hi Pip,

I'd be happy to work on a strategy search and EA creation using your method + indies Mr Pip. It be done by using StrategyQuant and a slight hint of what you look for for entry/exits. How successful the strategy found by SQ depends on how much non-human-judgemental factors you use in choosing entry/exits, thus the more robotic the opportunity for an EA success. If you prefer privacy in discussing some hint of your method then write me: batchj at earthlink dot net. The final EA I'd be inclined at urging of folks here to post here, if its of any decent value. If interested I'd appreciate re-posting your two lasted indies you use in a posted-quote-reply herein to make it easy for me to not hunt around for the latest. It may require two or three longish hunts, 1) with just your indies, or 2) with your indies and some price differences, or 3) your indies with 1-3 other filter aiding std indies, contingent on your inputs. All this IF you feel such endeavor could be worth it. SQ also does multiple MonteCarlo robustness tests for each random trial, its a matter of visually sorting thru the crops to pick the finest.

My personal electronic engineer out-of-the-past head believes more in Fourier applied to markets is better left to the way those FourierAnalysers do in such labs, the frequency components left un-decompiled and analyzed from there, NOT re-compiled in hopes some "extrapolator" predictions occur. Having said that I'm also say I'm no trader, so you may have foujd something for all I know! Lol.

Okydoky!

Jerry

PS: One problem though for these fancy buffer like indies, they gotta give some kind of output from 1st bar the indy is applied from an EA otherwise SQ is waiting for its custom created EA to use it from bar-1 in history center but it could wait forever as such indies just don't even start, they themselves expect a certain quantity of bars already there just like on a chart. This is the way SQ can "take in" a file of an indy's output and put it into a file for importing into herself for use. One way to fix such problem (I'm fairly certain) is for it to pass just the price data for X bars to avoid hagups for such indy usage.

Batchboy:
Hi Pip,

I'd be happy to work on a strategy search and EA creation using your method + indies Mr Pip. It be done by using StrategyQuant and a slight hint of what you look for for entry/exits. How successful the strategy found by SQ depends on how much non-human-judgemental factors you use in choosing entry/exits, thus the more robotic the opportunity for an EA success. If you prefer privacy in discussing some hint of your method then write me: batchj at earthlink dot net. The final EA I'd be inclined at urging of folks here to post here, if its of any decent value. If interested I'd appreciate re-posting your two lasted indies you use in a posted-quote-reply herein to make it easy for me to not hunt around for the latest. It may require two or three longish hunts, 1) with just your indies, or 2) with your indies and some price differences, or 3) your indies with 1-3 other filter aiding std indies, contingent on your inputs. All this IF you feel such endeavor could be worth it. SQ also does multiple MonteCarlo robustness tests for each random trial, its a matter of visually sorting thru the crops to pick the finest.

My personal electronic engineer out-of-the-past head believes more in Fourier applied to markets is better left to the way those FourierAnalysers do in such labs, the frequency components left un-decompiled and analyzed from there, NOT re-compiled in hopes some "extrapolator" predictions occur. Having said that I'm also say I'm no trader, so you may have foujd something for all I know! Lol.

Okydoky!

Jerry

PS: One problem though for these fancy buffer like indies, they gotta give some kind of output from 1st bar the indy is applied from an EA otherwise SQ is waiting for its custom created EA to use it from bar-1 in history center but it could wait forever as such indies just don't even start, they themselves expect a certain quantity of bars already there just like on a chart. This is the way SQ can "take in" a file of an indy's output and put it into a file for importing into herself for use. One way to fix such problem (I'm fairly certain) is for it to pass just the price data for X bars to avoid hagups for such indy usage.

Greetings Batchboy,

I am quite flattered that you have selected me among the many great minds in this thread to present your offer. I am merely a student compared to the brilliant minds around here, nevertheless, thank you.

To address your question, the image I posted above is no where near what my trading template looks like. The image I posted simply shows two factors to consider for educational purposes and those are support/resistance (price levels) and cycles. combining the two gives an average trader an advantage over his/her pool of competition from an analytical prospective and not necessarily from an execution prospective.

I use support/resistance, price action and volume to consider my entries and they are no where near being mechanical. Each trade is unique to its own situation and background information and thus programing them would be a very difficult task simply because I can not produce a one rule fit them all type of scenario.

Based on the above am afraid I won't be able to embark on anything meaningful with you at the moment. With that said however, feel free to experiment with the tools presented here in and see if you can accomplish that which am not able to provide.

Respectfully,

Pip

sounds like an out right rejection...

Pava:
sounds like an out right rejection...

simple minds are easily amused...

Pip:
Greetings Batchboy,

I am quite flattered that you have selected me among the many great minds in this thread to present your offer. I am merely a student compared to the brilliant minds around here, nevertheless, thank you.

To address your question, the image I posted above is no where near what my trading template looks like. The image I posted simply shows two factors to consider for educational purposes and those are support/resistance (price levels) and cycles. combining the two gives an average trader an advantage over his/her pool of competition from an analytical prospective and not necessarily from an execution prospective.

I use support/resistance, price action and volume to consider my entries and they are no where near being mechanical. Each trade is unique to its own situation and background information and thus programing them would be a very difficult task simply because I can not produce a one rule fit them all type of scenario.

Based on the above am afraid I won't be able to embark on anything meaningful with you at the moment. With that said however, feel free to experiment with the tools presented here in and see if you can accomplish that which am not able to provide.

Respectfully,

Pip

Thanks for response Mr Pip. No problemo. Sounds like the contributing indies could be used in a search for some kind of exacting rules, so in meantime could you post in reply your two latest indies you use for convenience to bypass hunting around, were they ExtrapolatorEX (the one that includes extrapolation of highs & lows as well.....I already downloaded that one) and CPO? Guess one or both I'd need someday to modify for that problem I mentioned in PS.

Thanks sir. ;-)

Jerry

ability to be amused easily - that is Happiness......

Pip:
simple minds are easily amused...

Batchboy:
Thanks for response Mr Pip. No problemo. Sounds like the contributing indies could be used in a search for some kind of exacting rules, so in meantime could you post in reply your two latest indies you use for convenience to bypass hunting around, were they ExtrapolatorEX (the one that includes extrapolation of highs & lows as well.....I already downloaded that one) and CPO? Guess one or both I'd need someday to modify for that problem I mentioned in PS.

Thanks sir. ;-)

Jerry

CPO attached.

Here is an update for the cycle. Now that 3360-3400 is within reach I believe EU will go up there to test that price level. We will most likely see some hesitation there if not some type of retracement before heading up again. But that is still up in the air and I will update as things progress.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:
cpo.mq4  7 kb

Pava:
ability to be amused easily - that is Happiness......

One thing I will give you credit for is your "glass half full" attitude.

Quick update, forecasted high is now 1 day earlier on 7/29/2013. I doubt price will jump to 3400 in one day, but given that it is Friday, it is possible. I think we will most likely see the reversal on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Naturally, this is not a recommendation to trade but only for educational purposes.

Files:
Reason: