Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 103

on my own:
I would like to point out to just one difference : music (any natural sound) is analog. Forex time series never ever was analog. It is discrete (even tick charts). Comparison of the two is possible only "at the surface".

No comments?

on my own:
No comments?

You are right that (forex) time series is discrete by its nature.

So far I haven't noticed any significant difference between time series values and the result when the inverse fft is calculated on the fft results so, at least in my opinion, it is safe to use it on forex time series without a fear of losing significant precision

mladen:
You are right that (forex) time series is discrete by its nature. So far I haven't noticed any significant difference between time series values and the result when the inverse fft is calculated on the fft results so, at least in my opinion, it is safe to use it on forex time series without a fear of losing significant precision

Thank you for your opinion

That was my opinion too : if we apply fft to sound or TV signal, of course that it will lose (it always makes me laugh when they advertise that new digital TVs have 16 million colors and they never mention that the good old cathode ray tubes have infinite number of color - "improvement" indeed), but forex time series is a completely different story

Happy new year

i-SpectrAnalysis_RSI

i-SpectrAnalysis_RSI

i-spectranalysis_rsi.zip

tampa:
i-SpectrAnalysis_RSI i-spectranalysis_rsi.zip

Hi Tampa,

Any possibility this can be had in mq4?

Batchboy:
Hi Tampa, Any possibility this can be had in mq4?

Sorry. I don't have it

Batchboy:
Hi Tampa, Any possibility this can be had in mq4?

That is simply fft applied to RSI (with a cutoff SS)

i-SpectAnalysis CCI

i-spectranalysis_cci.zip

Dear mladen,

Any Update for Spectrometr_Separate_Selective Cycle 2.06 ( the Last One ? ) And Library too ?

I found these Indicator didn't Work in MT4 Build 765

Thank's in Advance...

Tsar:
Dear mladen,

Any Update for Spectrometr_Separate_Selective Cycle 2.06 ( the Last One ? ) And Library too ?

I found these Indicator didn't Work in MT4 Build 765

Thank's in Advance...

Tsar

It does not need any change (neither the mq4 file nor the dll file)

Here is how it looks on my chart without any change in code at all

Files:
spectrometr.gif  78 kb
Reason: