Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 80

but...but...it worked for Derek!:)

Pava:
but...but...it worked for Derek!:)

Maybe for Bo (Derek) But for the ones expecting "accurate prediction" it is just an extrapolation : not a miracle (as that guy "promises" - see his year to year "predictions") but a useful tool that one needs to learn to use along with ones own sense and mind

mrtools:
Using the version Mladen posted made a version using TMA Centered, so along with the recalculatin of FF now the recalculation of TMA Centered so not sure how much use it will be.

thanks

mladen:
As I see it, not that much the problem in price that guy asks (everybody can add a price tag to anything that he/she hopes to sell, if someone pays the asked amount that is another issue and a decision of the buyer) but in statements like "This I can promise you ..." and similar "stuff". Fourier extrapolation is not a bad tool, but failing to say that it is that : an extrapolation that can (and will) change values when prices (values) change significantly enough, and that it can not be used as a "sure fire prediction" as it is stated there is a plain and simple scam.

Well, we are assuming it is a "scam" based on our clone, but seeing the demo video i would say it does have something unique about it aside from FF extrapolation, which I do not know what it is.

mladen:
Maybe for Bo (Derek) But for the ones expecting "accurate prediction" it is just an extrapolation : not a miracle (as that guy "promises" - see his year to year "predictions") but a useful tool that one needs to learn to use along with ones own sense and mind

Very very true. In the hand of an untrained trader could mean the demise of his/her account. As a matter of fact, Mladen's statement can be applicable to any tool.

"A fool with a tool is still a fool"

So make sure before you use a "tool" that you have a solid understanding of market dynamics and use the "tool" to complement your analysis (not replace it).

Cheers,

Pip

What "HAM #" represents?...doesn't seem to effect curve of the extrapolator....

Pip:
Well, we are assuming it is a "scam" based on our clone, but seeing the demo video i would say it does have something unique about it aside from FF extrapolation, which I do not know what it is.

Pip

I said "scam" based not on the clone, but on the fact that there is no extrapolation in the world that uniquely "identifies" the future (ant that there is by all definitions, an extrapolation of any kind, Fourier or not, it does not matter now). All stated there omits to explain that the "results" are adjusted to reflect the already known "future" (it is enough to change the sample length and some sample lengths extrapolations will resemble to what actually happened and is afterwards presented as an unknown future)

All that is deliberate misleading having one goal only ... and the name for such misleading is very well known

Certainly agree on that.

While the indicator certainly has value as Pip pointed out, marketing it as they do is misleading...and that's an understatement.

It's a shame really, since the indicator can be worthwhile in trading, but wrongful sales tactics give such tools a 'bad name'.

I guess they either don't know how to trade or don't want to explain how to use such tools properly...or perhaps both. They're looking for the 'quick buck', selling it as some sort of 'holy grail'. What a bummer. I do think their support will be super busy tho...processing refunds or trying to explain how it all works...

Cheers, Snow.

Snowski:
Certainly agree on that.

While the indicator certainly has value as Pip pointed out, marketing it as they do is misleading...and that's an understatement.

It's a shame really, since the indicator can be worthwhile in trading, but wrongful sales tactics give such tools a 'bad name'.

I guess they either don't know how to trade or don't want to explain how to use such tools properly...or perhaps both. They're looking for the 'quick buck', selling it as some sort of 'holy grail'. What a bummer. I do think their support will be super busy tho...processing refunds or trying to explain how it all works...

Cheers, Snow.

Snowski

There is no way that anybody that uses any indicator that extrapolates does not know how extrapolation "behaves" in run time. So we can freely exclude the not knowing part from the reasons why it is left out from the description there

mladen:
Pip

I said "scam" based not on the clone, but on the fact that there is no extrapolation in the world that uniquely "identifies" the future (ant that there is by all definitions, an extrapolation of any kind, Fourier or not, it does not matter now). All stated there omits to explain that the "results" are adjusted to reflect the already known "future" (it is enough to change the sample length and some sample lengths extrapolations will resemble to what actually happened and is afterwards presented as an unknown future)

All that is deliberate misleading having one goal only ... and the name for such misleading is very well known

Very true!

Reason: