Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 38

DCE application

Greetings fellow members,

For those asking about DCE, here is an example of how it is applied. Personally I use DCE to measure the applicability of cycles identified, when a deviation betwen DCE and the cycle show, this tell signals that the identified cycle is no longer applicable. Another use for it is to determine the new cycle length.

Below is the EURUSD M15 chart, using the G browser i was able to determine that the two top cycles had periods of 80 and 40. Since 40 was too small of a cycle for my purpose, I used the 80 period to make more applicable for day trading. Now that I know the cycle I am targeting I input 40 and 20 in DCE (using half the period of the identified cycle). As you can see, for the most part DCE and the G browser agreed on the cycle.

When DCE starts to deviate from G Browser, that is when i know it is time to look for a new cycle (and usually G browser will tell me that).

It is important to understand that I don't use DCE for entry signals, only for cycle confirmation and thus trend

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:

Look for cycles after a significant market move

My 2 cents.

Pip:
Greetings fellow members,

For those asking about DCE, here is an example of how it is applied. Personally I use DCE to measure the applicability of cycles identified, when a deviation betwen DCE and the cycle show, this tell signals that the identified cycle is no longer applicable. Another use for it is to determine the new cycle length.

Below is the EURUSD M15 chart, using the G browser i was able to determine that the two top cycles had periods of 80 and 40. Since 40 was too small of a cycle for my purpose, I used the 80 period to make more applicable for day trading. Now that I know the cycle I am targeting I input 40 and 20 in DCE (using half the period of the identified cycle). As you can see, for the most part DCE and the G browser agreed on the cycle.

When DCE starts to deviate from G Browser, that is when i know it is time to look for a new cycle (and usually G browser will tell me that).

It is important to understand that I don't use DCE for entry signals, only for cycle confirmation and thus trend

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pip

Thanks, Pip. Have a question about Goertzel Browser, my setting are deafult one and how come you have 1. period 81. 2. period 40, and mine is 1. period 40, 2. period 31. Did you changed settings in Goertzel browser?

Thank you in advance.

Files:
dce1.png  50 kb

altoronto:
Thanks, Pip. Have a question about Goertzel Browser, my setting are deafult one and how come you have 1. period 81. 2. period 40, and mine is 1. period 40, 2. period 31. Did you changed settings in Goertzel browser? Thank you in advance.

Yes, my settings are different and the result of many trials and errors, I would prefer to keep the settings confidential. But with enough time am sure you will be able to crack it

Pip:
Yes, my settings are different and the result of many trials and errors, I would prefer to keep the settings confidential. But with enough time am sure you will be able to crack it

And I guess you tweak Goertzel browser settings for any other timeframe?

and to this day...not a single "Thank You Pava"...for being the Major Force behind getting Goertzer Browser to the masses!

altoronto:
And I guess you tweak Goertzel browser settings for any other timeframe?

You guessed it

Pava:
and to this day...not a single "Thank You Pava"...for being the Major Force behind getting Goertzer Browser to the masses!

Oh my! and here I am thinking it was all Crodzilla! Shame on me.

"Thank You Pava"...

Pip:
Oh my! and here I am thinking it was all Crodzilla! Shame on me. "Thank You Pava"...

if it was up 2 Crodzilla that .ex file would still be sitting quietly on his hard drive...

Pava:
if it was up 2 Crodzilla that .ex file would still be sitting quietly on his hard drive...

you do know the Mql file is online somewhere? v5.3

google is our friend apparently - and so are the Russians it would seem

but thanks anyway, hopefully its not a serial repainter

Reason: