Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 44

Fld

Hello,

In the Ichimoku system the FLD is the Chinkou.

Picture example : Daily chart,FLD 6 months cycle.

Files:
fld.gif  23 kb

Flds-2

FLD= SMA(1) Displaced forward by the half cycle.Take a SMA(1) of (H+L)/2 and displace it forward by 20 periods(21 according to Hurst) and you have the FLD 40.

In theory,to project a Target,you project from the high trough the crossover point to find a mirror low.

In theory,to project timing,you project the number of bars from high to crossover point,from crossover point,then add+-10% of the total to estimate a timing area.Also,notice that highs in FLD tend to match in time with lows in price,in theory .

In practice,Timing tends to be very approximate,while price targets can be extremely precise.I use the close instead of the median price and I try to project trough FLD extremes,either near the crossover-hence my 1.6056/61 target-or just below the high,hence the second target of 1.6019+-...See attached.The FLD provides very good SL "at bar close",once a bar closes above the FLD,the rationale for the trade is no more there,and the nearer to the FLD you short(in this example) the better your RR.

BTW:By watching hundreds of examples of price behaviour near a FLD target,I believe that GBPUSD now will range around 1.6030-1.6070+- for a few hours,before going for the 1.6019+- target or below...Let's see what happens.

In any case the trick is to use the right FLD or the right combination of FLDs,specially in case of a cascade breakout.

Regards

S

Files:

Something interesting...to me anyway. Playing around with FLD on EURUSD 1H, I pulled out a cycle of 88 hours and created a 44 bar FLD which gave two interesting entry points. To add to this, I was curious about the turns so I made a smoothed FLD but using SSA with the idea that the SSA would be stable (not recalculate) with a short lag. Might be worth investigating further.

Files:

So far so good ...

Now let the Friday profit taking come in and there you go

SIMBA:
FLD= SMA(1) Displaced forward by the half cycle.Take a SMA(1) of (H+L)/2 and displace it forward by 20 periods(21 according to Hurst) and you have the FLD 40.

In theory,to project a Target,you project from the high trough the crossover point to find a mirror low.

In theory,to project timing,you project the number of bars from high to crossover point,from crossover point,then add+-10% of the total to estimate a timing area.Also,notice that highs in FLD tend to match in time with lows in price,in theory .

In practice,Timing tends to be very approximate,while price targets can be extremely precise.I use the close instead of the median price and I try to project trough FLD extremes,either near the crossover-hence my 1.6056/61 target-or just below the high,hence the second target of 1.6019+-...See attached.The FLD provides very good SL "at bar close",once a bar closes above the FLD,the rationale for the trade is no more there,and the nearer to the FLD you short(in this example) the better your RR.

BTW:By watching hundreds of examples of price behaviour near a FLD target,I believe that GBPUSD now will range around 1.6030-1.6070+- for a few hours,before going for the 1.6019+- target or below...Let's see what happens.

In any case the trick is to use the right FLD or the right combination of FLDs,specially in case of a cascade breakout.

Regards

S

SIMBA:

Regards

S

Thinking out loud, so is it good idea to use Homodyne discriminator or HT to get period of dominant cycle which will dynamically update FLD?

Target hit

GBPUSD Ranged between the numbers 1.6030-1.6070,then hit and exceeded my posted target 1.6019.Now ,enjoy the week-end .

Can it go lower? Of course,it can go higher too ...My thinking is that there are lower targets ahead...Next week.

The numbers I will be checking are 1.6007,1.6051-specially if price retraces towards 1.6051 and prints the number -and 1.6090 and their projections...Next week .

BTW: Did you realize why Hurst was a genius?With just 1 SMA you have targets,trend,direction and (IMO "rough" ) timing.

It beats being the village idiot.

BTW2: 1.6051 may hold the keys to the kingdom,again,next week.

S

simba certainly sounds like hurst cycle analysis is his creation...

FLD --Momentum Histogram

Hello ,

The Fld is the Momentum ,also.

We can use the Momentum histo to show the way of cycles (bearish or Bullish).

To my example : in Daily chart.

Fld 22 --Momentum histo 11 === 1 month cycle

Fld 44 --Momentum histo 22 === 2 months cycle

Fld 88 --Momentum histo 44 === 4 months cycle

Fld 132 --Momentum histo 66 === 6 months cycle

Files:
fld01.gif  17 kb

This is an EA, I worked on the concept with Ronald Raygun from FF

The EA is for pattern data mining .

Iif you are looking for a pattern and want to see how far it happened in the history then you can use this EA , IMHO a cycle is nothing but a collection of patterns.

You can defined the length of the pattern from the current bar and how far in history you want to look back. You can also filter the pattern "smooth it " by increasing the rank of moving average and in this way you will find more patterns.

This the link to RR post on FF

Pattern - Finding EA @ Forex Factory

I decided to post the EA here as its related to the topic but its up to tsd to move it if they want to

Nice one

Thanks guys

MiniMe:
This is an EA, I worked on the concept with Ronald Raygun from FF

The EA is for pattern data mining .

Iif you are looking for a pattern and want to see how far it happened in the history then you can use this EA , IMHO a cycle is nothing but a collection of patterns.

You can defined the length of the pattern from the current bar and how far in history you want to look back. You can also filter the pattern "smooth it " by increasing the rank of moving average and in this way you will find more patterns.

This the link to RR post on FF

Pattern - Finding EA @ Forex Factory

I decided to post the EA here as its related to the topic but its up to tsd to move it if they want to
Reason: