Everything about RSI - page 95

great, Thank you

hi dear friends

is there any indicator to alarm when 2 period of rsi cross each other ?

for example we have a pop up and arrow alert when rsi(9) crosses rsi(14)

buy signal (cross from bottom )

sell signal (cross from top )

thanks

amiralias:
hi dear friends

is there any indicator to alarm when 2 period of rsi cross each other ?

for example we have a pop up and arrow alert when rsi(9) crosses rsi(14)

buy signal (cross from bottom )

sell signal (cross from top )

thanks

Here is an indicator that can alert on crosses of two rsi indicators : rsicrosses.mq4

Files:

hi dear mladen

is it possible to covert above indicator to mtf histogram version based on differences of value of 2 rsi ?

each bar size is equal to difference of 2 rsi

blue and positive bar when shorter rsi is above the longer

and red and negative when shorter rsi is blow the longer

thanks a lot in advance

mladen:
Here is one version of adaptive rsx that allows the "speed" of adapting : adaptive_rsx_mtf.ex4

The adapting method in this one is different than the one using standard deviations for adapting. So they can be used in different ways. Also, this one is already a multi time frame version with alerts added to it

can this be normalize to 0 to 100? i like to use 80 as overbought n 20 as oversold.

rainbow101:
can this be normalize to 0 to 100? i like to use 80 as overbought n 20 as oversold.

Set the fixed minimum to 0 and fixed maximum to 100 in the indicator properties (all rsi indicators, rsx included, are normalized in the 0 to 100 range, I just don't like to see a flat line in an empty window when the period is long)

mladen:
Set the fixed minimum to 0 and fixed maximum to 100 in the indicator properties (all rsi indicators, rsx included, are normalized in the 0 to 100 range, I just don't like to see a flat line in an empty window when the period is long)

Dearest MLADEN

is there any disadvantage of being flat or bound it to in between 0-100.

regard

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN

is there any disadvantage of being flat or bound it to in between 0-100.

regard

mntiwana

RSI is a specific indicator

Take as an example - upper is rsi period 8 and lower is rsi period 50 :

Rsi period 50 will never reach levels that period 8 reaches regularly - but, if you remove the fixed 0 to 100 range displayed at those charts, you get this :

Now that rsi 50 becomes another story - and instead of a flatliner on an empty window, it becomes a kind of a reliable trend showing indicator. That is why I did not make a default 0 to 100 range in that indicator. In my opinion, trading levels using rsi is of very limited use with very limited periods that can be used for that. Adaptive rsi is much better in showing entry and exit points in signal line crosses than it will ever be in some levels (whatever those levels will be) crossing

One should never forget that rsi is not like stochastic (that reaches extreme levels for any period calculated) - and rsi should be traded accordingly (with that "alert" built in in our heads : rsi is not naturally a "levels crossing" indicator unless it is changed (like some other kinds of indicators that are also having "rsi" in name)

Files:
rsi.gif  63 kb
rsi_2.gif  66 kb

Interesting point of view on rsi

Dearest MLADEN

Every time you explain things in depth that we can not have and listen from any from any where,and we always feel great pleasure and satisfaction,with having you in between us,thanks a lot for your kind contribution,you are kind as always.

regards

mntiwana

Reason: